bug KB951978

Xavier

Jul 9, 2008, 3:23:50 PM7/9/08
after install this update, no more Internet, Windows live messenger
identifie this problem as fire wall or proxy problem and also impossible to
log in only one possibility to log on : uninstall KB951978
I work with XP pro SP3, IE7, MSWLM 8.5

NormanM

Jul 9, 2008, 6:12:25 PM7/9/08

I have that update, and I have Internet access. Nearly as I can tell, that
bug requires some version of the Zone Alarm PFW to manifest; and I stopped
running ZA a long time ago because of another ZA flaw.

Try setting your Internet Zone security to "Medium". Or try another Personal
Firewall.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Xavier

Aug 23, 2008, 5:38:00 AM8/23/08
Thanks, I prefer to report this bug to ZA, regards

"NormanM" <spamme...@immoral.invalid> a écrit dans le message de news:
1j6ovdye...@on-line.service.invalid...

NormanM

Aug 23, 2008, 4:17:03 PM8/23/08
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:38:00 +0200, Xavier wrote:

> "NormanM" <spamme...@immoral.invalid> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1j6ovdye...@on-line.service.invalid...

>> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 21:23:50 +0200, Xavier wrote:

>>> after install this update, no more Internet, Windows live messenger
>>> identifie this problem as fire wall or proxy problem and also impossible
>>> to log in only one possibility to log on : uninstall KB951978
>>> I work with XP pro SP3, IE7, MSWLM 8.5

>> I have that update, and I have Internet access. Nearly as I can tell, that
>> bug requires some version of the Zone Alarm PFW to manifest; and I stopped
>> running ZA a long time ago because of another ZA flaw.
>>
>> Try setting your Internet Zone security to "Medium". Or try another
>> Personal
>> Firewall.

> Thanks, I prefer to report this bug to ZA, regards

Shortly after I posted that, ZoneLabs came out with a patched version of ZA
which addressed that problem.