Help needed - can't delete some .avi files

not@home.com John O'D

Sep 15, 2009, 12:20:29 AM9/15/09
This has been happening for some time now.
I have 2 small .avi files that I can't delete from my hard drive.
Each time I try the following message comes up:

"Cannot delete [file name]: It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the program and try again."

What can I do to remove them - there are 2 small clips about 4MB each.
Hope someone can help.
Many thanks,
John O'D