smtpauth.earthlink.net's sending e-mail problems again right now. :(

Ant

Sep 10, 2021, 5:04:49 PM9/10/21
Here we go again:

"An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting: 4.2.1 Connection refused - OXSUS003_133 -
https://postmaster-oxsus.vadesecure.com/#OXSUS003_133." and "Login to
server -- smtpauth.earthlink.net with username [deleted for privacy
reasons]@earthlink.net failed." I had to retry many times. Anyone else?
:(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
Argh, my old body and life. :(
| |o o| |

David Schultz

Sep 10, 2021, 6:58:15 PM9/10/21
On 9/10/21 4:04 PM, Ant wrote:
> Here we go again:
>
> "An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
> greeting: 4.2.1 Connection refused - OXSUS003_133 -
> https://postmaster-oxsus.vadesecure.com/#OXSUS003_133." and "Login to
> server -- smtpauth.earthlink.net with username [deleted for privacy
> reasons]@earthlink.net failed." I had to retry many times. Anyone else?
> :(
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I haven't had that problem but I am still trying to make progress on the
delivery failure to lists.gag.com

--
http://davesrocketworks.com
David Schultz

Ant

Sep 10, 2021, 8:05:49 PM9/10/21
It looks OK now.

David Schultz

Sep 10, 2021, 8:48:42 PM9/10/21
On 9/10/21 7:05 PM, Ant wrote:
> It looks OK now.

Since the SMTP server belongs to vadesecure now, a check of their status
page might help.

https://status.vadesecure.com/

Assuming that any trouble filters down that far.

Ant

Sep 10, 2021, 9:00:32 PM9/10/21
In alt.online-service.earthlink David Schultz <david....@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 9/10/21 7:05 PM, Ant wrote:
> > It looks OK now.
> >

> Since the SMTP server belongs to vadesecure now, a check of their status
> page might help.

> https://status.vadesecure.com/

> Assuming that any trouble filters down that far.

Yeah, I don't see anything related to the issues I ran into. I am pretty sure it is EarthLink's fault.

David Schultz

Sep 10, 2021, 9:45:54 PM9/10/21
On 9/10/21 8:00 PM, Ant wrote:
> Yeah, I don't see anything related to the issues I ran into. I am pretty sure it is EarthLink's fault.

It can't be because they don't run the server.

$ ping smtpauth.earthlink.net
PING smtpauth.earthlink.net (51.81.61.14) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from smtp02.oxsus-vadesecure.net (51.81.61.14): icmp_seq=1
ttl=48 time=48.4 ms

Alfred Dorsey SR.

Mar 10, 2023, 2:26:27 PM3/10/23