Unable to log into ELN's outsourced NNTP issue again. :(

Ant

May 1, 2021, 3:03:02 PM5/1/21
So, I have to use a free third party server (news.neodome.net). :(

I find it interesting that its new support web site
(https://help.earthlink.net) doesn't mention NNTP, usenet, and
newsgroups. All old locations are gone. I hope EarthLink didn't
terminate its newsgroup feature for us, old members. :(
--
"May day!"
this signature correctly.
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Ant

May 3, 2021, 11:02:52 PM5/3/21
We're back! Thanks God. :)

In alt.online-service.earthlink Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> So, I have to use a free third party server (news.neodome.net). :(

> I find it interesting that its new support web site
> (https://help.earthlink.net) doesn't mention NNTP, usenet, and
> newsgroups. All old locations are gone. I hope EarthLink didn't
> terminate its newsgroup feature for us, old members. :(
--
Finally fully vaccinated from the two Moderna shots, less mask and glove wearings, etc.
| |o o| |

Ant

Jun 2, 2021, 1:41:43 PM6/2/21
Ant wrote:
> david....@earthlink.net wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 2:03:02 PM UTC-5, Ant wrote:
>>> So, I have to use a free third party server (news.neodome.net). :(
>>>
>>> I find it interesting that its new support web site
>>> (https://help.earthlink.net) doesn't mention NNTP, usenet, and
>>> newsgroups. All old locations are gone. I hope EarthLink didn't
>>> terminate its newsgroup feature for us, old members. :(
>>
>> I wasted an hour of my time yesterday talking to customer support. The
>> phone tree options of course had nothing appropriate (although cancel
>> service is looking better). They of course had no clue what usenet was
>> but were able to turn up the Earthlink FAQ. He did finally escalate to
>> the next level and I may get a call back. Monday.
>
> And it's down again! :(

It's back again for now. I wonder if it will go down on every new month. :P
--
RIP, my 10.44 yrs. old EVGA X58 SLI (132-BL-E758; BIOS date 5/11/2010;
v6.00 PG; release number IX58SZ64) mobo that was just cleaned on

David Schultz

Aug 23, 2021, 3:35:00 PM8/23/21
On 5/1/21 2:03 PM, Ant wrote:
> So, I have to use a free third party server (news.neodome.net). :(
>
> I find it interesting that its new support web site
> (https://help.earthlink.net) doesn't mention NNTP, usenet, and
> newsgroups. All old locations are gone. I hope EarthLink didn't
> terminate its newsgroup feature for us, old members. :(

It happened again this morning. I whined at customer service again. I
don't know if it helped but I can log in now without getting a "481
Invalid username or password" error message.

--
http://davesrocketworks.com
David Schultz

Ant

Aug 23, 2021, 5:09:45 PM8/23/21
On 8/23/2021 12:34 PM, David Schultz wrote:
> It happened again this morning. I whined at customer service again. I
> don't know if it helped but I can log in now without getting a "481
> Invalid username or password" error message.

It seems to be OK now? I was too BUSY this mawny to use it. :(
--
Quake 1 game is 25! Too many free game trials right now!