Is EarthLink's spamBlocker broken right now?

1 view

Ant

Feb 5, 2020, 3:35:22 PM2/5/20
Hello.

I got a lot of random spam e-mails (about ten in total) this morning PST
so far. Only one was caught by spamBlocker. Is anyone else noticing this
too?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"The little ant at its hole is full of courage." --African
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org /

Andy

Feb 6, 2020, 2:30:52 AM2/6/20
It was working for me but even with it spam still gets through at times

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message

Ant

Feb 6, 2020, 2:36:34 PM2/6/20
In alt.online-service.earthlink Andy <N...@n.com> wrote:
> It was working for me but even with it spam still gets through at times

For today, spamBlocker caught 15 spam e-mails since 7:17 AM PST. I guess it is working again. :)

Andy

Feb 11, 2020, 3:49:15 AM2/11/20
good to know it does happen from time to time

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message

David Schultz

Mar 15, 2020, 4:22:25 PM3/15/20
On 2/6/20 1:29 AM, Andy wrote:
> It was working for me but even with it spam still gets through at times

The spam blocker has been really annoying lately. It seems that every
message from groups.io gets routed to the SPAM folder. I used to find
maybe one misrouted message a week and now it is several every day.

I think this has something to do with the message headers being set to
show that the message was sent by the original author even though
groups.io is forwarding it.

I think that after I click on "This is not SPAM" and the address gets
added to the address book things improve. But that hasn't helped with
the messages from Giganews.

--
https://web.archive.org/web/20190214181851/http://home.earthlink.net/~david.schultz/
(Web pages available only at the Wayback Machine because Earthlink

Ant

Mar 15, 2020, 7:00:32 PM3/15/20
Yeah, it's annoying. I also noticed delayed incoming e-mails too. :(
--
"The ants sought personal revenge for my having sprayed them the day before." --Oliver Smith

Andy

Mar 17, 2020, 3:53:45 AM3/17/20
Yes it does tend to do that but you can also set it not to catch anything
but then your in box gets a ton of junk mail.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"David Schultz" <david....@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Andy

Mar 17, 2020, 3:54:18 AM3/17/20
that happens from time to time espicaly during peak load times on the mail
servers

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"Ant" <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote in message

Ant

Mar 17, 2020, 4:07:31 PM3/17/20
In alt.online-service.earthlink Andy <N...@n.com> wrote:
> that happens from time to time espicaly during peak load times on the mail
> servers

It seems to be back to normal for now for late incoming e-mails and
legit e-mails ending up in my spam folder.

--
I'm a Rhytidoponera metallica (Green-head ant) species today so no pinching me. :P

Ant

Mar 17, 2020, 4:09:46 PM3/17/20
In alt.online-service.earthlink Andy <N...@n.com> wrote:
> Yes it does tend to do that but you can also set it not to catch anything
> but then your in box gets a ton of junk mail.

Yeah, that's a problem. Haha. I also don't use ELN's Webmail's
addresbook. It looks like it's working now. Most spams are caught. Legit
e-mails do go to inbox now so far. We just have to check our spam folder
more often. I used to it once a day, but now multiple times per day. :(

--
I'm a Rhytidoponera metallica (Green-head ant) species today so no pinching me. :P