Fwd: Missing incoming e-mails?

Unknown

Jul 15, 2022, 6:02:20 PM7/15/22

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Missing incoming e-mails?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 17:31:13 -0400
From: Retired at Home <>
Newsgroups:
earthlink.discussion.technical,earthlink.support.email,alt.online-service.earthlink,alt.provider.earthlink

On 7/15/22 3:57 PM, Ant wrote:
> In alt.online-service.earthlink David Schultz <david....@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> On 7/14/22 10:46 PM, Ant wrote:
>>> Is it me or am I missing some incoming e-mails sometimes. I even checked
>>> my spam folder (not there too) and SpamBlocker settings.
>>>
>>> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)
>> It isn't as big a problem as it was. It is hard to tell when things just
>> vanish unless you have some other way to know that something should have
>> arrived.
>> The problem is with Vadesecure which now filters all email. They can and
>> will refuse delivery for a long list of reasons. Since you normally have
>> no way to see the bounce message, you will never know.
>> https://postmaster-oxsus.vadesecure.com/inbound_error_codes/
>> I subscribe to several groups at groups.io and that has been a problem
>> as Vadesecure seems to hate them. Marking random messages as spam for no
>> other apparent reason than that they are from groups.io. Groups.io has a
>> delivery status page for each group and there I can see the occasional
>> bounce. Usually for "spam ratio". (which allows retries) Whatever that
>> means.
>> I have even had bounce messages from Vadesecure for outgoing email get
>> marked by Vadesecure as spam and routed to the spam folder.
>> Vadesecure are idiots but they will not talk to me since I am not their
>> customer. Earthlink support is clueless.
> Yeah, I noticed them too. Ugh.

I too have had issues with Vadesecure.
I have 2 old Yahoo email accounts, that are set to forward any emails to
1 of my 2 main Earthlink accounts. (at a cost of $12 / year !)
Apparently because of the way Yahoo formats the header of the forwarded
message, VS sees it as a possible scam. (Even though the message arrives
in my EL account, it shows the Yahoo address in the To: field. VS didn't
like that, and would bounce the email back to Yahoo.  I only saw the
bounces if I web-mailed into the Yahoo account.

This was a couple years ago, and I think I complained to both Yahoo and
EL enough that something was changed, and I have been getting the
forwards OK.  (Did also change as many senders as I could from Yahoo to
EL early on in this issue, so not so many forwards now.)