Re: reconfigured nntp server problems

1 view

Ant

Oct 9, 2022, 11:16:24 PM10/9/22
On 10/8/2022 1:12 PM, Ant wrote:

>>> Your what connects? News reader? Telnet?
>
>> Tin last night. Both tin and telnet connections look fine right now.
>

>>> I have been getting connection refused errors on .37 and .39 all day.
>
>> Hmm.
>
> OK, now I am seeing the disconnections in both telnet and tin clients:
>
> $ telnet nntp.earthlink.net 119
> Trying 69.80.103.39...
> telnet: connect to address 69.80.103.39: Connection refused
> Trying 69.80.103.38...
> Connected to nntp.earthlink.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 News.GigaNews.Com
> ^]
> telnet> quit
> Connection closed.
>
> $ telnet nntp.earthlink.net 119
> Trying 69.80.103.37...
> telnet: connect to address 69.80.103.37: Connection refused
> Trying 69.80.103.38...
> Connected to nntp.earthlink.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 News.GigaNews.Com
> ^]
> telnet> quit
> Connection closed.
>
> $ telnet nntp.earthlink.net 119
> Trying 69.80.103.38...
> Connected to nntp.earthlink.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 News.GigaNews.Com
> ^]
> telnet> quit
> Connection closed.
>
> $ telnet nntp.earthlink.net 119
> Trying 69.80.103.36...
> telnet: connect to address 69.80.103.36: Connection refused
> Trying 69.80.103.37...
> telnet: connect to address 69.80.103.37: Connection refused
> Trying 69.80.103.39...
> telnet: connect to address 69.80.103.39: Connection refused
> Trying 69.80.103.38...
> Connected to nntp.earthlink.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 News.GigaNews.Com

I can't connect at all in both my usenet newsgroup reader and
telnet clients tonight:

$ tin -r
tin 2.6.1 release 20211226 ("Convalmore") (c) Copyright 1991-2022 Iain Lea.
Connecting to earthlink.us.supernews.com...
socket or connect problem
connect(2): Connection refused
Failed to connect to NNTP server earthlink.us.supernews.com. Exiting...

$ telnet nntp.earthlink.net 119
Trying 69.80.103.39...
Trying 69.80.103.36...
Trying 69.80.103.38...
Trying 69.80.103.37...

:(
--
Quiet October so far since everyone seems to had been busy like outside
since places (airports, planes, restaurants, stores, etc.) were crowded. :O
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Ant

Oct 9, 2022, 11:29:59 PM10/9/22
Now, it's back for how long? :P
--
Quiet October so far since everyone seems to had been busy like outside since places (airports, planes, restaurants, stores, etc.) were crowded. :O
| |o o| |
\ _ /
( )