STOCKS App

Ken

Jul 26, 2022, 11:46:49 AM7/26/22
Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list
a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that
stock was. It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I
no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily Life listed. It could be they
have moved it or renamed it. If so I cannot find it. Does anyone know
what happened to the app??

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stock-app-access

Marta Stewert

Jul 29, 2022, 6:52:06 PM7/29/22
If you're not averse to insider trading, there is an app that tracks and reports Paul Pelosi's stock trades. Maybe someone here knows the name?

KenW

Jul 29, 2022, 7:58:25 PM7/29/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:49:49 -0400, Marta Stewert
<marta....@redacted.wef> wrote:

>On 7/26/2022 11:46:46 AM, Ken wrote:
>> Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that stock was.  It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily
>> Life listed.  It could be they have moved it or renamed it.  If so I cannot find it.  Does anyone know what happened to the app??
>>
>> https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-stock-app-access

I have been using Takestock2 for years >>>>freeware

KenW

Ken

Jul 30, 2022, 7:26:37 AM7/30/22
Is this app accessible via the TV? I can go on my computer and find the
data, but I liked the ability to check a holding on TV.

KenW

Jul 30, 2022, 8:24:39 AM7/30/22

>Is this app accessible via the TV? I can go on my computer and find the
>data, but I liked the ability to check a holding on TV.

Have no idea

KenW

Ken

Aug 8, 2022, 7:56:51 AM8/8/22
For what it is worth, the app was there again yesterday. Apparently it
was removed and has since been returned.

zvkmpw

Aug 9, 2022, 8:04:11 PM8/9/22
On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 4:56:51 AM UTC-7, Ken wrote:

> Until recently, there was a TV app in "Daily Life" where one could list
> a stock symbol and use the app to see what the current price of that
> stock was. It appears that Comcast has modified their APP screen and I
> no longer see the STOCKS app or Daily Life listed.
Here’s a method that might fill the need, but it doesn’t use a TV.

Consider Yahoo’s web site: https://finance.yahoo.com/

The site’s “My Portfolio” tab lets you save a list of ticker symbols for stocks, mutual funds, and market averages. You set things up by entering your column of ticker symbols. You can look at the page whenever convenient to see the current values.

You can also click the Yahoo page’s “Export” button. This downloads a “comma separated value" file, quotes.csv to your computer. This file can be opened by spreadsheet programs, It contains a column of ticker symbols and a column with the corresponding current prices, plus other statistics. I copy the “Symbol” and “Current Price” columns and paste them into my spreadsheet, which has been prepared with columns for “Symbol” and “Number of Shares.” Then I use Excel’s VLOOKUP function to insert the Current Prices in next to Symbols. (By using VLOOKUP to link my prepared columns to the downloaded columns, there’s no need to for the two lists to be in the same order.)

I realize this response is kind-of off-topic, but I’m hoping it’s useful.

KenW

Aug 10, 2022, 9:01:49 AM8/10/22
Takestock2
KenW