How the hell does this even get past spam/phishing filters at the highest level?

leonard hofstatder

Apr 29, 2023, 3:01:40 PM4/29/23
or do they not even have any?

Subject:᙭ҒlNlTY Services : Information montly payments,your payments
refused. Please fix your payments now. [ 932182 ]

My Account

Please update your address information

Your monthly service paym̴ent is problem on April 29, 2023

We did not verify your paym̴ent for the next month. Because our
verificat̴ion system cannot verify your paym̴ent Your Credit Card
company refused XҒIN̴ITY paym̴ent verificat̴ion.

Please updates your paym̴ent address information today before 24 hours,
preventing unsubscr̴iption

If you have the XҒIN̴ITY Mobile Protection Plan on your XҒIN̴ITY Mobile
device(s),it will be canceled if your service is on hold. The XҒIN̴ITY
Mobile Protection Plan cannot be reinstated once it's been canceled.

Update Payment Address Information

THIS IS A SERVICE-RELATED EMAIL
Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 634592
Attn: Email Communications.
www.fvnwrx.com

VanguardLH

Apr 30, 2023, 1:18:18 AM4/30/23
leonard hofstatder <n....@comcast.net> wrote:

> fvnwrx.com

That domain has not yet been registered, so a site cannot be there. No
need to get knickers in a twist for URLs pointing nowhere.

You didn't show any other URLs, but then you didn't show the raw source
of the phish e-mail to check tracing through the Received headers, and
to see whatever other hyperlinks there were in the message.

The phish e-mail wants you to update your address info in your Comcast
account, but you don't show a URL to where the phish e-mail wants to
take you. If there were no hyperlinks in the message, and the only URL
is the unregistered one where no server could reside, it's a worthless
phish e-mail. It isn't trying to lure you to somewhere evil. Since it
is asking for your to update your account info without providing any
hyperlink, you would have to visit your Comcast account. So, maybe it
isn't a phish e-mail.

You claim it is a phish without showing the headers which would divulge
from where the message originated. And you don't show there are any
hyperlinks in the message (which, if present, could point you to
somewhere other than Comcast). You don't prove it is a phish,
especially with such a bad copy-n-paste job.

Frank

May 1, 2023, 12:58:40 PM5/1/23
I tell folks today we are living in a sea of thieves. Most of the email
I get is from them. They must think we are not to bright as an email
that says it is from your bank has a gmail address for the sender.

Allodoxaphobia

May 1, 2023, 2:42:25 PM5/1/23
On Mon, 1 May 2023 12:58:36 -0400, Frank wrote:

> I tell folks today we are living in a sea of thieves. Most of the email
> I get is from them. They must think we are not to bright as an email
> that says it is from your bank has a gmail address for the sender.

Sadly, there _are_ folks that will click on anything.
Sadly, thay are also permitted to breed and vote.

leonard hofstatder

May 1, 2023, 4:34:19 PM5/1/23
On 5/1/2023 11:58 AM, Frank wrote:
> On 4/30/2023 1:18 AM, VanguardLH wrote:
>> leonard hofstatder <n....@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> fvnwrx.com
>>
>> That domain has not yet been registered, so a site cannot be there.  No
>> need to get knickers in a twist for URLs pointing nowhere.
>>
>> You didn't show any other URLs, but then you didn't show the raw source
>> of the phish e-mail to check tracing through the Received headers, and
>> to see whatever other hyperlinks there were in the message.
>>
>> The phish e-mail wants you to update your address info in your Comcast
>> account, but you don't show a URL to where the phish e-mail wants to
>> take you.

Regardless, Comcast filtering seems to be non-existent.

Frank

May 1, 2023, 6:40:57 PM5/1/23
this just showed up telling me to confirm account info:

Customers.problem-payments ( Refers : #922)
<jyrmb-vtvvw...@fgwyr.elopsjfg.net>

Bob

May 8, 2023, 10:03:31 PM5/8/23
Filters don't always work.

Use an email that the spammers won't guess.
Example:  hair3.141592653589...@comcast.net

Whitelists also work but can be a PITA to maintain.

leonard hofstatder

May 9, 2023, 7:33:59 AM5/9/23
Doesn't matter, there are many search results for customers assuming
that Comcast selling our email addresses to advertispammers either by
corporate or employees.

Another search finds that the customer is basically solely responsible
for setting up and maintaining spam filtering and message rules.

Alissa Heinerschein

May 22, 2023, 10:06:07 AM5/22/23
ComcastNBC might be a lefty-looney-libtard fake news organization and
you might need an advanced math degree to understand your cable bill but...
my @comcast email gets zero spam. If you're getting spam, I seriously
doubt Comcast is to blame.