Read old AOL email without AOL subscription

瀏覽次數:908 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

tomie

未讀,
2003年7月3日 上午10:26:102003/7/3
收件者:
Was AOL client. Then changed ISP and Windows version from me to W2K.

How can I read/access old AOL emails from saved "organize" folder ?

Thanks in advance
tom...@yahoo.fr

Mark

未讀,
2003年7月3日 下午3:03:192003/7/3
收件者:
Re-install your AOL program but don't sign up to AOL. Replace the Organize
folder of the new installation with the saved one. You should have access
to your PFC. For details of conversion services, look at
www.emailman.com/aol .

Mark www.computeranswers.info

"tomie" <to...@numericable.fr> wrote in message

---

Ernie Yu

未讀,
2003年7月3日 晚上10:35:292003/7/3
收件者:
One option is to use PFC Viewer, which is a Java app that allows you to
view and export emails stored in an AOL Filing Cabinet file. The app
can be found at http://members.aol.com/pfcviewer/.

SGT

未讀,
2003年7月5日 清晨7:16:262003/7/5
收件者:
I'm no java expert but I did try the error message was :

java.lang.StringBuffer: method indexOf <Ljava/lng/String;>I not found
at pfc.export.MboxMailExporter.indentFromInBody<Unknown Source>
at pfc.export.MboxMailExporter.export<Unknown Source>
at MailToMbox.exportMail<Unknown Source>
at MailToMbox.main<Unknown Source>
.

Could it be because AOL was in French back then ?
Another thing I did not know then the download folder which usually contains
all the attachment is gone. I thought I can alway read the messages at
leat...

======================================

"Ernie Yu" <ey...@nyc.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
RJ5Na.3721$Aw....@twister.nyc.rr.com...

Ernie

未讀,
2003年7月5日 晚上10:12:112003/7/5
收件者:
I do not believe this is a language issue. I think this message occurs
because your installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is not version 1.4
or better, which you need for PFC Viewer. You can check the version
from a Command Prompt window with the command:

java -version

Also, only email text is stored in the Filing Cabinet, not attachments.
There is a Preferences setting that specifies the location where
attachments are saved. If you didn't backup that directory, then they
may be lost. Sorry.

Best regards,

SGT

未讀,
2003年7月6日 清晨5:43:492003/7/6
收件者:
Thanks Ernie,

You're right the JRE from SUN web site on 05 JUL was ver 1.2.2 !!!
Today I downloaded ver 1.4 Bingo it WORKS.

Thanks a million
SGT

"Ernie" <no...@home.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
%zLNa.8280$Aw....@twister.nyc.rr.com...

Bob Alston

未讀,
2003年7月10日 晚上7:18:582003/7/10
收件者:
Problem with PfcViewer

I checked and my Java version is: 1.4.1_03

Opened dos window. moved to location of extracted files. Got error when
run:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: PfcViewer

Suggestions?
--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913
"Ernie Yu" <ey...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

---
Bob's Dell 4400 - Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Ernie

未讀,
2003年7月11日 下午6:39:172003/7/11
收件者:
You do not need to extract the files to run the program. Java treats
the .jar file container as if it were a directory of files. Just move
to the location where you saved pfcview.jar, and run the command:

java -cp pfcview.jar PfcViewer

Alternatively, if you prefer using the extracted files, move to the root
location of the files (where PfcViewer.class can be found), and run the
command:

java PfcViewer

Bob Alston

未讀,
2003年7月11日 晚上9:14:062003/7/11
收件者:
Thank you. That solved my problem.

Works slick!!!

Bob

"Ernie" <no...@home.com> wrote in message

davidm...@gmail.com

未讀,
2015年5月26日 凌晨3:54:072015/5/26
收件者:
訊息已遭刪除

sandra...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年2月8日 晚上11:40:192016/2/8
收件者:
Hi, I think now this url is redirecting to this web page: http://www.systoolsgroup.com/aol-pfc-viewer/

Anuraag

未讀,
2016年2月10日 中午12:14:422016/2/10
收件者:
> How can I read/access old AOL emails from saved "organize" folder ?

Here is some interesting discussion about same
https://disqus.com/home/channel/digitalforensics/discussion/channel-digitalforensics/viewer_for_aol_pfc_files_personal_filing_cabinet/

paulwi...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年2月11日 凌晨1:49:472016/2/11
收件者:
I would like to suggest you a FREE software which will let you to open PFC files without AOL desktop. PCVITA AOL PFC Viewer is powerful enough to view the emails of PFC files with attributes like to, from, sent, received, size of selected mail etc. Freeware PFC Reader also support display of embedded signature of all attachments (File name & File type) associated with each email.
Download Free: http://www.pcvita.com/freeware/aol-pfc-viewer.html

jonw...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年2月26日 清晨6:31:262016/2/26
收件者:
Open and read the PFC files without AOL desktop software is almost impossible, I had tried many tools but they are not satisfactory as I want, I searched many tool and one of them is PFC file Viewer. It helps me a lot. This tool is so easy to use and preview your email in different modes along with the attachments. I recommend this tool use this and save your time.
You can download it from: http://www.freeviewer.org/pfc/

sophia...@gmail.com

未讀,
2019年1月15日 凌晨2:36:572019/1/15
收件者:

As AOL mail in an cloud Email service, all mail data will store on AOL server. So in this case you can't Create copy of all your Important mails, if you want to create Copy of AOL Mails then there are 2 options 1. Using Any Emails client and 2. Go with Commercial Product If you are using any email client then you need to be friendly with internet and technology if you are not then don't try manual or Email client process because there is chances of loosing data and corruption. i'll suggest you to go with Commercial AOL Backup tool which easily help you to download your AOL Mail account backup in multiple Format like PST, EML, EMLX, MBOX, etc. Visit at: http://www.completeconverter.com/aol-backup/

Chandrabhan Gupta

未讀,
2021年10月12日 清晨5:58:122021/10/12
收件者:
Hi! Dear users, You can try DRS AOL Backup Tool is an affordable and reliable AOL Mail Backup software that helps users to take AOL emails backup to Gmail, MBOX, EML, PST, etc. Using this software a lot of users get the best response as well as a free trial version.
know more: https://www.data-recovery-solutions.com/aol-mail-backup.php

priyanka arya

未讀,
2021年10月20日 清晨7:15:362021/10/20
收件者:
On Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 15:28:12 UTC+5:30, Chandrabhan Gupta wrote:
> Hi! Dear users, You can try DRS AOL Backup Tool is an affordable and reliable AOL Mail Backup software that helps users to take AOL emails backup to Gmail, MBOX, EML, PST, etc. Using this software a lot of users get the best response as well as a free trial version.
> know more: https://www.data-recovery-solutions.com/aol-mail-backup.php

One of the best solution for you if you want to backup AOL emails, Users should take a look at the reasons mentioned to make sure they prevent them. Hope the given method will help you out.

Read here:https://www.recoveryandmanagement.com/aol-not-working-with-outlook-2021/
0 則新訊息