Saragosa (replica old west town)

Bob Tiernan

Feb 20, 2003, 12:29:52 AM2/20/03

Has anyone on this list visited the now-closed
replica old west town (including interiors of
various structures) of Saragosa in Oregon?

Bob Tiernan

I want to go up to the closest white person and say,
"You can't understand this. It's a black thing,"
and then slap him, just for my mental health.

-- Charles Barron
New York City councilman

BongoJim

Feb 21, 2003, 11:42:14 PM2/21/03
I heard it was for sale awhile back.

Bob Tiernan

Feb 24, 2003, 12:47:01 AM2/24/03

On 22 Feb 2003, BongoJim wrote:

> I heard it was for sale awhile back.

Sold, and fenced off.

I called the number and got the family that
owned it. They had to close it two years
ago because all of the permit and inspection
and mandated engineering studies were too
much for them to cope with. As usual,
the government didn't give a shit because
those people still have their jobs and
will get nice pensions.

These buildings were not just shells, but
some had realistic interiros, including
hotel rooms above the saloon, the sheriff's
office, blacksmith etc. A wealthy Eugene
buisnessman bought the park and now uses
it as a retreat.

At least he valued the existence of the
replica town. Maybe one day he'll allow
people to look around for a fee. I
hope so.

Bob t

robynr...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2018, 8:37:26 PM10/19/18
Can u give me the owners name and # pleae.

robynr...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2018, 8:40:09 PM10/19/18
have some questions .
robynr...@gmail.com
541-743-3527

jrand...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2019, 9:24:30 PM12/19/19
I’m interested in the contact info on this property please email me. Jrand...@gmail.com

cole....@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2020, 9:14:52 PM8/19/20

Sam E

Jul 29, 2022, 8:04:50 PM7/29/22
On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 6:14:52 PM UTC-7, cole....@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=65,4422,0,0,1,0
I have been out that way on several rides and each time it appears as just empty and no one around. Yes, the county did make it hard for the owners to comply to health codes by not allowing enough time to complete the upgrades. such a shame. I have great memories of my mom and Dad when I took them out there several years ago. They had visited there before it closed and if i remember correctly, they said something about some re-enactment going on when they visited. ....
sad very sad..
steve