GERONIMO'S REAL NAME

OLD Bill

May 11, 2009, 3:21:24 PM5/11/09
Was Goyahkla which means one who
yawns. The Mexicans referred to him as Geronimo.

CaCa Doodle

May 12, 2009, 9:13:29 AM5/12/09
In article <26924-4A0...@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net>,
bronc...@webtv.net says...

>Was Goyahkla which means one who
>yawns. The Mexicans referred to him as Geronimo.

According to legend, Geronimo is for St.Jerome,
patron saint of translators, librarians and encyclopedists.
It seems rather odd to me that he would be named
for a saint that has that association. There
are several stories about why the Mexicans called
him that - but the one that seems to have the longest
legs is that the Mexicans pleaded to St. Jerome to
save them during one of the times they were losing to
the Apache raider.

rands...@gmail.com

May 6, 2013, 10:55:48 AM5/6/13
On Monday, 11 May 2009 15:21:24 UTC-4, OLD Bill wrote:
> Was Goyahkla which means one who
> yawns. The Mexicans referred to him as Geronimo.

Oh, you must get your facts straight. Why would you refer to Goyahkla as a raider instead of a warrior- the words do not have the same definition.