Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

John Searing, 65, Tonight Show fill-in announcer

968 wyświetleń

Diner

nieprzeczytany,
11 gru 2015, 21:01:1011.12.2015
do
During the 1980s, New Jersey art supplies dealer John Searing sent over 800 letters to "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" asking to fill in for Ed McMahon doing the opening announcement. On June 26, 1986, he got his chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVYXdGa-WQ

(Note that his obit states his campaign lasted a year, but a blog post at http://darkdeeds.susanfleet.com/blog_1.php?entry_id=1420147570&title=stalkers-are-no-joke states that the campaign actually ran six years, starting in 1980.)

http://obits.lehighvalleylive.com/obituaries/etpa/obituary.aspx?n=john-w-searing&pid=176845252
John W. Searing
Obituary
John W. Searing, award-winning salesman, actor, and Tonight Show guest, died December 8 of heart failure at his home in Easton. He was 65. He was born in Philadelphia on January 26, 1950, to World War II veteran Samuel M. Searing and Doris Searing, nee Deitelbaum. After graduating from high school, he worked as a driver for a local printing firm, a job that eventually led to an award-winning career as a sales representative for companies that included Lexmark and OKI Data. In 1985, he applied his selling skills toward a goal he had harbored since childhood: appearing on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. After a year-long campaign aimed at NBC producers, he reached his goal on June 26, 1986, filling in for Ed McMahon by introducing Carson with the trademark, "He-e-e-e-e-r-e's Johnny." The appearance is still popular on YouTube, and has been featured in inspirational talks and sermons as an example of the power of persistence. After his Tonight Show appearance, he began a second career in acting, appearing in various roles on daily soap operas Guiding Light and Loving, as well as in commercials and a brief stint as a game show host. He was a private pilot who enjoyed flying, an amateur magician who entertained both children and adults with sleight-of-hand skills and an infectious sense of humor, and an inventor who held numerous patents, including one for an instructional system for music teachers. He is survived by his wife, Paula Brokaw, children Robert, Eileen, and Amy, and eleven grandchildren. A memorial service will be announced by the Strunk Funeral Home, Inc., Wilson Borough, at a later date. Offer online condolences at www.strunkfh.com.

Published in The Express Times from Dec. 10 to Dec. 11, 2015

hugh...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
26 maj 2016, 23:30:5726.05.2016
do
I watched the episode on Johnny Carson so I decided to look him up and kinda sad to read he had passed he did an awesome job

hugh...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
26 maj 2016, 23:31:1126.05.2016
do

hlrb...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
5 lip 2019, 04:18:585.07.2019
do
And I am just seeing him now tonight. He died very young. Very personable.
7/5/19

le...@lenlar.net

nieprzeczytany,
5 lip 2019, 23:44:435.07.2019
do
Same here.... just watched his episode on antenna tv

john5...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
15 cze 2020, 23:35:5415.06.2020
do
Just saw the show tonight i am 65 now it shock me that he pass away 5 years ago

Randy White

nieprzeczytany,
29 cze 2022, 01:29:2029.06.2022
do
And it aired tonight...I'm just another nosey person.
Nowe wiadomości: 0