Jim Hager, 66, of "Hee Haw's" Hager twins dies

aad...@gmail.com

May 1, 2008, 11:16:38 PM5/1/08
http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_stories/vid_1641.shtml

One of the best-known twins in television history has died.

Jim Hager who appeared on the "Hee-Haw" program with his brother Jon
for 19-years suffered a heart attack tonight.

The 66-year-old twins had a long career in television and film and
even had a country hit with "Gotta Get to Oklahoma" in 19-69.

Funeral services are pending.

La N

May 1, 2008, 11:20:02 PM5/1/08

<aad...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yowzah. 66 years old???!!! I remember when Hee Haw was one of my daddy's
favourite shows, and the Hagers were so very young (looking).

- nilita

Cher

May 1, 2008, 11:22:47 PM5/1/08
On May 1, 11:20�pm, "La N" <nilita2004NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <aada...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I wonder if he's the one that went with Karen Valentine.

MWB

May 1, 2008, 11:44:57 PM5/1/08

"Cher" <randi...@aol.com> wrote in message

On May 1, 11:20?pm, "La N" <nilita2004NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <aada...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_stories/vid_1641.shtml
>
> > One of the best-known twins in television history has died.
>
> > Jim Hager who appeared on the "Hee-Haw" program with his brother Jon
> > for 19-years suffered a heart attack tonight.
>
> > The 66-year-old twins had a long career in television and film and
> > even had a country hit with "Gotta Get to Oklahoma" in 19-69.
>
> > Funeral services are pending.
>
> Yowzah. ?66 years old???!!! ?I remember when Hee Haw was one of my daddy's

> favourite shows, and the Hagers were so very young (looking).
>
> - nilita

I wonder if he's the one that went with Karen Valentine.

I wonder if she knew.

GO RED SOX

Mark

Tim J.

May 2, 2008, 1:13:01 AM5/2/08

Jim Beaver

May 2, 2008, 4:46:57 AM5/2/08

"Cher" <randi...@aol.com> wrote in message

No, she went years ago.

Jim Beaver

Michael O'Connor

May 2, 2008, 6:14:38 AM5/2/08
There can't be too many of the Hee Haw crew still with us. I know Roy
Clark is, and George Goober Lindsey, and the other Hager twin, but
when Hee Haw went off the air in the early 90's, all of the large cast
of the show pretty much disappeared from TV, and I would imagine a lot
of them are either retired or working in Branson now.

busgal

May 2, 2008, 6:43:34 AM5/2/08

Lulu Roman Smith, Ronnie Stoneman for starters.
Roy Clark just turned 75 BTW

Kris Baker

May 2, 2008, 7:36:30 AM5/2/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

> "Cher" <randi...@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>> I wonder if he's the one that went with Karen Valentine.
>
> No, she went years ago.
>
> Jim Beaver

Went where?

Kris

David Carson

May 2, 2008, 9:09:13 AM5/2/08
On Fri, 2 May 2008 03:43:34 -0700 (PDT), busgal <busg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Donald Harron ("Charlie Farquharson") is 83. Barbi Benton is 58.

David Carson
--
Why do you seek the living among the dead? -- Luke 24:5
Who's Alive and Who's Dead

La N

May 2, 2008, 9:16:15 AM5/2/08

"David Carson" <da...@neosoft.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 2 May 2008 03:43:34 -0700 (PDT), busgal <busg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On May 2, 6:14 am, "Michael O'Connor" <mpoconn...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> There can't be too many of the Hee Haw crew still with us. I know Roy
>>> Clark is, and George Goober Lindsey, and the other Hager twin, but
>>> when Hee Haw went off the air in the early 90's, all of the large cast
>>> of the show pretty much disappeared from TV, and I would imagine a lot
>>> of them are either retired or working in Branson now.
>>
>>Lulu Roman Smith, Ronnie Stoneman for starters.
>>Roy Clark just turned 75 BTW
>
> Donald Harron ("Charlie Farquharson") is 83. Barbi Benton is 58.

Wow. It's hard to believe that Donald Harron, married to Catherine
McKinnon - who used to be known affectionately by some as "Canada's
sweetheart" - is 83. Funny guy.

- nilita

R H Draney

May 2, 2008, 11:02:22 AM5/2/08
Michael O'Connor filted:

They had a pretty good bunch of them on a TVLand awards show last year, where
they gave the show some kind of lifetime achievement award...both of the Hager
boys were present, and I remember at the time being surprised at that...even had
a short skit with many of the Hee-Haw Honeys....r

--
What good is being an executive if you never get to execute anyone?

busgal

May 2, 2008, 12:38:16 PM5/2/08

> >There can't be too many of the Hee Haw crew still with us.  I know Roy
> >Clark is, and George Goober Lindsey, and the other Hager twin, but
> >when Hee Haw went off the air in the early 90's, all of the large cast
> >of the show pretty much disappeared from TV, and I would imagine a lot
> >of them are either retired or working in Branson now.

Jerry Brightman, Tom Brumley and Willie Canto of the Buckeroo's

Larc

May 2, 2008, 1:04:19 PM5/2/08

Still Alive:
Don Harron - 83
Gailard Sartain - 61
George Lindsey - 72
Gordie Tapp - @86
Gunilla Hutton - 63
Jeannie Riley - 67
John Hager - 61
Lisa Todd - @54
Lulu Roman - 60
Marianne Gordon - 61
Mel Tillis - 75
Misty Rowe - 56
Roni Stoneman - 69
Roy Clark - 75
Susan Ray - 63

Dead:
Archie Campbell - 1987
Buck Owens - 2006
Don Rich - 1974
Grady Nutt - 1982
Grandpa Jones - 1998
Jim Hager - 2008
John Henry Faulk - 1990
Junior Samples - 1983
Kenny Price - 1987
Minnie Pearl - 1996
Stringbean - 1973

Larc

งงง - Change planet to earth to reply by email - งงง

Charlene

May 2, 2008, 1:44:30 PM5/2/08
On May 2, 12:04 pm, Larc <larc-n...@saturnlink.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 May 2008 03:14:38 -0700 (PDT), "Michael O'Connor"
>
> §§§ - Change planet to earth to reply by email - §§§

So actually more alive than dead, not even counting the Hee Haw
Honies.

wd44

Jim Beaver

May 2, 2008, 2:23:32 PM5/2/08

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Um, to heaven, darlin'.

Kris Baker

May 2, 2008, 2:26:35 PM5/2/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

She did? Everything I'm seeing, says she's still around.

I always confused her with Deborah Walley, who died a
few years ago.

Kris

La N

May 2, 2008, 3:40:48 PM5/2/08

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigy.net> wrote in message

According to sources, she went (back) to Los Angeles with her musician hubby
Gary Verna. Maybe living so close to Jim Beaver just *seems* like heaven
... ;)

- nilita

Jim Beaver

May 2, 2008, 7:45:27 PM5/2/08

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> "Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

>>> Went where?
>>
>> Um, to heaven, darlin'.
>
> She did? Everything I'm seeing, says she's still around.

That's what you get for having a conversation with a slightly snarky
moron -- me. I was thinking Karen Carpenter.

Cue Ms. Latella.

Jim Beaver

Kris Baker

May 2, 2008, 7:48:55 PM5/2/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

I love snarky. Keep on keeping on.

Meanwhile....what's all this talk about flea erections?

Kris

Corby Gilmore

May 2, 2008, 10:32:32 PM5/2/08

NEVER MIND!!!