belated news: Ann Prentiss, 1939 - 2010, American actress, younger sister of actress Paula Prentiss

Hoodoo

Jul 18, 2010, 5:43:08 AM7/18/10
Various websites and blogs are reporting this belated death.
- - -

Ann Prentiss

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Prentiss

Ann Prentiss (born Ann Ragusa November 27, 1939), died January 12, 2010)
is an American actress, born to Sicilian emigrants in San Antonio,
Texas. Ann Prentiss is the younger sister of actress Paula Prentiss.

An actress in her own right, Prentiss had many bit parts in movies and
television series in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Her best known part was
in the TV series Captain Nice, where she played Carter Nash's
girlfriend, Sgt. Candy Kane.

Prentiss continued acting into the late 1980s and early 1990s. She
provided the voice of an alien species in the comedy film My Stepmother
Is an Alien, co-starring Kim Basinger and Dan Aykroyd. She is credited
in some film and TV appearances as "Anne Prentiss."

According to some websites, in either 1997 or 1998 Prentiss was
convicted in a Santa Monica, California court of making terrorist
threats, assault with a firearm, battery and solicitation to commit
murder of her brother-in-law Richard Benjamin and her father. She was
sentenced to 19 years in jail for the crimes.

- - -

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0696031/bio

Ann Prentiss

Date of Birth
27 November 1939, San Antonio, Texas, USA

Date of Death
12 January 2010, California, USA

Birth Name

Ann Ragusa

Trivia

Sister of actress Paula Prentiss.

Aunt of Ross Benjamin and Prentiss Benjamin.

Sister-in-law of Richard Benjamin.

Displayed some of the attractive charm on film and in TV as sister Paula
Prentiss in the late 60s and early 70s.

Displayed signs of emotional and mental problems in later years. In 1997
Prentiss was convicted in a Santa Monica, California court of
terrorizing her family. She was convicted of making terrorist threats,
assault with a firearm, battery, and solicitation to commit the murder

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ann+Prentiss%22+died

--
Trout Mask Replica

KFJC.org, WFMU.org, WMSE.org, or WUSB.org;
because the pigoenholed programming of music channels
on Sirius Satellite, and its internet radio player, suck

Matthew Kruk

Jul 18, 2010, 6:16:34 AM7/18/10
"Hoodoo" <ver...@objectmail.com> wrote in message

> Various websites and blogs are reporting this belated death.
> - - -
>

> Ann Prentiss

That's a surprise ... thanks.

Matthew Kruk

Jul 18, 2010, 6:19:24 AM7/18/10
"Matthew Kruk" <nob...@home.com> wrote in message

I remember her from the Captain Nice TV Series. Lovely Lady.

Message has been deleted

Matthew Kruk

Jul 18, 2010, 6:55:12 AM7/18/10
"A" <aa...@att.net> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes

> "Hoodoo" <ver...@objectmail.com> wrote in message
>> Various websites and blogs are reporting this belated death.
>
> That has to be one of the longest (if not THE longest) belated
> death notice [over 6 months!] I've seen!
> What the heck is the reason for not reporting it for over 6
> months?

Becaure you're a fucking idiot.

Hoodoo

Jul 18, 2010, 7:53:21 AM7/18/10
Matthew Kruk <nob...@home.com>, on Sun Jul 18 2010 05:55:12 GMT-0500
(Central Daylight Time), spoke thusly:

>>> Various websites and blogs are reporting this belated death.

>> That has to be one of the longest (if not THE longest) belated
>> death notice [over 6 months!] I've seen! What the heck is the
>> reason for not reporting it for over 6 months?

> Becaure you're a fucking idiot.

And his vehicle's funny too - http://www.youdrivewhat.com/play-ball/

Matthew Kruk

Jul 18, 2010, 11:20:40 AM7/18/10

> Matthew Kruk <nob...@home.com>, on Sun Jul 18 2010 05:55:12 GMT-0500
> (Central Daylight Time), spoke thusly:

>>> That has to be one of the longest (if not THE longest) belated
>>> death notice [over 6 months!] I've seen! What the heck is the
>>> reason for not reporting it for over 6 months?
>
>> Becaure you're a fucking idiot.
>
> And his vehicle's funny too - http://www.youdrivewhat.com/play-ball/

U da man!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bill Schenley

Jul 18, 2010, 12:28:42 PM7/18/10
> > Displayed signs of emotional and mental problems in later years. In 1997
> > Prentiss was convicted in a Santa Monica, California court of
> > terrorizing her family. She was convicted of making terrorist threats,
> > assault with a firearm, battery, and solicitation to commit the murder
> > of her brother-in-law Richard Benjamin and her father. She was sentenced
> > to 19 years in jail for the crimes.

I can't believe this poor woman went to prison for
19 years for trying to kill Richard Benjamin. What
the hell has happened to the California I used to know?
They should'a bought her one of those Range Rovers
they're all so fond of ... sent her some flowers, written
a nice letter of apology for the slight detaining ... and
sent her on her way ...

> That has to be one of the longest (if not THE longest) belated death
> notice [over 6 months!] I've seen! What the heck is the reason for not
> reporting it for over 6 months?

Then you haven't been paying attention to obituaries
... Oh, wait ...

A wild guess ... since she died in prison, and the CDC
isn't too concerned with half-a-fucking retards television
trivia addiction ...

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2010, 12:37:09 PM7/18/10

"Hoodoo" <ver...@objectmail.com> wrote in message

> Various websites and blogs are reporting this belated death.
>
> Ann Prentiss
>
> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Prentiss
>
> Ann Prentiss (born Ann Ragusa November 27, 1939), died January 12, 2010)
> is an American actress, born to Sicilian emigrants in San Antonio, Texas.
> Ann Prentiss is the younger sister of actress Paula Prentiss.
>
> An actress in her own right, Prentiss had many bit parts in movies and
> television series in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Her best known part was
> in the TV series Captain Nice, where she played Carter Nash's girlfriend,
> Sgt. Candy Kane.
>
> Prentiss continued acting into the late 1980s and early 1990s. She
> provided the voice of an alien species in the comedy film My Stepmother Is
> an Alien, co-starring Kim Basinger and Dan Aykroyd. She is credited in
> some film and TV appearances as "Anne Prentiss."
>
> According to some websites, in either 1997 or 1998 Prentiss was convicted
> in a Santa Monica, California court of making terrorist threats, assault
> with a firearm, battery and solicitation to commit murder of her
> brother-in-law Richard Benjamin and her father. She was sentenced to 19
> years in jail for the crimes.

Here's my UNinformed guess:

She died in prison under her real name (Ann Ragusa), which
explains the delay in reporting her death. AND....since she
was sentenced to prison for potentially harming her own family,
they'd have little reason to publicize her death.

Kris

Message has been deleted

Jim Macey

Jul 18, 2010, 2:56:24 PM7/18/10
On 7/18/2010 10:37 AM, Kris Baker wrote:

> Here's my UNinformed guess:
>
> She died in prison under her real name (Ann Ragusa), which
> explains the delay in reporting her death. AND....since she
> was sentenced to prison for potentially harming her own family,
> they'd have little reason to publicize her death.
>
> Kris
Pretty close, Kris: ssdi has it as Ann Elizabeth Ragusa Prentiss. But
we don't know if the data was submitted by funeral home or by relatives.

Jim...in New Mexico

Hoodoo

Jul 19, 2010, 10:32:38 AM7/19/10
Matthew Kruk <nob...@home.com>, on Sun Jul 18 2010 10:20:40 GMT-0500

(Central Daylight Time), spoke thusly:

>>> Becaure you're a fucking idiot.

>> And his vehicle's funny too -
>> http://www.youdrivewhat.com/play-ball/

> U da man!

Glad you like it.

Hoodoo

Jul 19, 2010, 11:39:25 AM7/19/10
A <aa...@att.net>, on Sun Jul 18 2010 10:30:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight
Time), spoke thusly:

>>> Becaure you're a fucking idiot.

>> And his vehicle's funny too -
>> http://www.youdrivewhat.com/play-ball/

> You can't even FIT into one, if you own any in the first place,
> fatguy.

You're merely repeating the fabrication of a pathological liar who used,
literally, scores of aliases during a years-long rampage to belittle,
besmirch and malign numerous individuals, with me being among them.

You are way too gullible. And ignorant.

I suppose you also believe I work third shift in a convenience store.

In this newsgroup during the past few years I've stated the models of
various vehicles I've owned and driven. Selective memory is another sign
of your feeble mental state.

But, not to worry a-hole roy-o-boy, you've got a lock on the
"Mama Liked The Roses" sentiment as seen at:
http://www.surfwriter.net/roy%27s_world.htm>

Here are two links to soundbites which seem to define you:

http://snipurl.com/zlct7 [www_entertonement_com]
http://snipurl.com/zlcui [www_entertonement_com]

Not that there's anything wrong with that, specifically; it's just that
the usenet affectation you continually present is tedious and irritating.