Marie Lord, Wife Of Late Jack Lord, 100

已查看 3,446 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

DGH

未读,
2005年10月15日 09:47:552005/10/15
收件人
.

It was reported from Honolulu, Hawaii, that Marie Lord, wife of late
actor Jack Lord, who starred in the television show "Hawaii Five-0,"
died Thursday, October 13, 2005, at home, a spokeswoman for the family
said, at the age of 100.

Marie Lord was by her husband's side when he died in 1998.

On "Hawaii Five-0," Jack Lord portrayed Steve McGarrett, the
no-nonsense head of a fictitious Hawaii state police force, for 12
years. The couple remained in Honolulu after the series ended in 1980.

A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Marie Lord studied fashion design and
art in Paris before moving to New York, New York, to pursue a career as
a fashion designer. It was in New York that she met Jack Lord, who was
attending New York University.

Wahington Post

deb...@comcast.net

未读,
2005年10月15日 14:03:462005/10/15
收件人
She was 100?!! Jack Lord would only be 84 if he was alive today!!

DGH

未读,
2005年10月15日 14:56:422005/10/15
收件人
.

Maybe she was about 16 years older than he was? Maybe.

David Thuleen

未读,
2005年10月16日 01:12:062005/10/16
收件人
If I recall correctly, sometime in the 1970's Jack Lord was testifying
in a court case, and the issue of his age arose. He didn't want to
give his age in response to a lawyer's question; the implication was
that he was significantly older than his publicity would have one
believe.

Or, I may be entirely confused. Anyone have a memory less hazy than
mine about this?

deb...@comcast.net

未读,
2005年10月16日 01:34:072005/10/16
收件人

If I recall correctly, sometime in the 1970's Jack Lord was testifying
in a court case, and the issue of his age arose. He didn't want to
give his age in response to a lawyer's question; the implication was
that he was significantly older than his publicity would have one
believe.

Or, I may be entirely confused. Anyone have a memory less hazy than
mine about this?

Seems like for years, Lord's birthdate was given as 1930, then, when he
died, it was revealed as actually being 1920.

Bermuda999

未读,
2005年10月16日 01:37:562005/10/16
收件人

deb...@comcast.net wrote:
> She was 100?!! Jack Lord would only be 84 if he was alive today!!

Here's an article form the Honolulu Star Bulletin October 1996

http://starbulletin.com/96/10/17/features/story3.html

Marie Lord
'an old-fashioned wife'
By Tim Ryan
Star-Bulletin

Marie Lord was shocked.

"Oh, for God's sake, no!" she said. "The answer is no, no, no! Of
course, Jack does not have Alzheimer's. He's not ill. I feed him three
times a day; he has a big appetite, loves to eat."

"Jack" is Jack Lord, who played Steve McGarrett for 12 years in "Hawaii
Five-0," the longest running hourlong drama in television history. The
show is still broadcast in dozens of countries around the world.

The question is pertinent because Lord hasn't been seen in public for
years and his mystique increases with the lack of appearances. And
during the next three weekends, a local TV special and two conventions
- one in Los Angeles and the other in Honolulu - will put the spotlight
on "Five-0." Though the actor won't be at any of these events in
person, he'll be there on film and in spirit as fans and fellow cast
members celebrate the series.

Rumors about Lord's poor health have circulated for years. Last month,
the National Enquirer claimed Lord was on his "last legs" and displayed
photos of him shot on Kahala beach two years ago because no current
pictures are available.

"He's not impaired or anything," Marie emphasized, during an interview
by telephone. "We recently had a physical check up and were given a
clean bill of health. Maybe we'll live to be a hundred and everyone
will be sorry about saying these things."

She declined the Star-Bulletin's request to speak, visit, or photograph
her husband for this story.

"Jack has just never liked...being interviewed."

"He doesn't like talking about himself or having strangers coming up to
him when he used to go out," she said.

Used to?

"Yes, well, Jack used to be very active, but now he's just happy
staying home doing nothing, happy having me wait on him. He was such a
vital person, always so strong and big. It's strange to see him sitting
around being happy just getting tan on the lanai or reading."

But particularly disappointing, Marie said, is her Lord's lack of
interest in the painting he loved.

"That does break my heart," she said. "He's just gotten lazy and
laziness feeds on itself, becomes a habit."

Rumors that Lord requires a full-time nurse are also false, Marie said.
The couple has had "a secretary" for about 18 months, "not a registered
nurse, but a kind of a companion."

Marie joyfully says she's her husband's guardian, caregiver, "an
old-fashioned wife" who loves to cook and make her husband happy.

"It's always nice to have someone who lives for you and that's what I
do with Jack."

Marie won't give their ages nor the year of their marriage other than
to say both were in their "early 20s, married on April 1 in the early
1950s in New York City."

The memories of the couple's early life, how they met, some of their
life now are the things which Marie enjoys discussing.

"I'm a housewife in the true sense of the word," she said. "Jack loves
Italian food because he grew up in Brooklyn with Italian neighbors and
loves the smell of tomato sauce. He loves my lasagna and chicken
cacciatore."

Early morning breakfasts always begin with "fresh coffee with hot milk
and a croissant."

When her husband was filming "Five-0" episodes, the couple awoke at
3:30 a.m. so Jack could rehearse, rewrite, if needed.

"We would sit down on the couch and he would read his lines to me."

The Lords live in a large ocean view, three-bedroom, two-bath
condominium next to the Kahala Mandarin hotel.

The couple were an unlikely pair when they met more than 40 years ago.
Marie DeNarde was a fashion designer, Lord was in the merchant marine.

She had designed and had built a stone country house near Woodstock,
N.Y., for weekends. Jack, on leave, had gone hunting in the area when
he was saw the house. He got Marie's New York City address from a local
merchant and for the next three weeks left messages with her doorman.
Finally, she called him thinking he was a pushy real estate agent.

"All he knew about me was my house, which he had fallen in love with.
But I agreed to meet with him briefly.

"He was this big guy in a black storm trooper's coat and hat pulled
down over his forehead. His chest came straight out; you could put a
bottle of beer on each shoulder they were so square. And he had these
pink cheeks. He looked like an ad for Wonderbread."

They talked for hours, Jack fascinating Marie with his experiences on
the high seas.

The couple, married a few years later, choosing not to have children
when Jack decided on show business as a career.

"My idea of a good family was to have six children. But I pitched my
tent for Jack. I think I did the right thing; I certainly tried."

The lack of children has led Marie "to adopt and shower too much love
on younger people." These days she's showering that affection on a cat,
Kitty Boy, gotten from the Hawaiian Humane Society.

"Oh, Jack really loves Kitty Boy. I put Kitty Boy in his arms and he
just hugs him and hugs him."

Marie says she's had "a full life."

"Jack wants to be remembered as a decent guy, good at what he did, and
honorable. He wants everyone to know that staying home is heaven for
him."

已删除帖子

mthr...@hotmail.com

未读,
2014年12月11日 15:18:372014/12/11
收件人
Is she french or italian american?

Sarah Ehrett

未读,
2014年12月11日 15:53:482014/12/11
收件人
She is....no more. Morte. Capiche?

cynthia_r...@hotmail.com

未读,
2017年11月3日 08:19:002017/11/3
收件人
Always knew she was about 14 years older than Jack. She refused to believe he has Alziemers so he wouldn’t have gotten any treatment. That’s sad.

gino...@gmail.com

未读,
2018年2月10日 22:58:152018/2/10
收件人
Thank you for being honest. Also, jack has a son when they married. He was about two, so her love of children and his love for humanity never extended to his first wife or son. His son died at 13 and he did not even go to his funeral.
Sadly, he was not famous or in the movies with his first wife or he would have stuck with her because he would not want bad publicity.
His punishment, he probably would have been more humble and less self centered if he had stayed with his first wife.
Cannot stand Marie, so she is what he deserves!

fiveo...@gmail.com

未读,
2018年10月19日 01:50:322018/10/19
收件人
FYI: Jack Lord was in the Merchant Marine when he met and married his first wife, Ann Cecily Willard, a diplomat's daughter. After a five-week honeymoon, they were separated when he had to go back on duty and her parents wanted her to finish school. When Jack learned that his wife was pregnant, he rented a small cottage in Connecticut for them to live in. When the baby was born, Jack went to see the baby. It was only then that his wife said she no longer wished to be married and did NOT want to live in the United States ever. Jack gave her a divorce. He wrote to her many times, but his letters were returned unopened. Only once did she send anything to him. This was in 1953, and when he opened the envelope, all that was inside was the death certificate of his son, stating that he died of hepatitis. No note, no condolence, nothing but the death certificate. Sounds like a real sweetheart to me. Get your facts straight and stop spreading lies. He was lied about enough when he was alive.

fiveo...@gmail.com

未读,
2018年10月19日 01:52:172018/10/19
收件人
On Saturday, October 15, 2005 at 12:56:42 PM UTC-6, DGH wrote:
> .
>
> Maybe she was about 16 years older than he was? Maybe.

Marie DeNarde was born August 16th, 1905. John J. Ryan (Jack Lord) was born December 30, 1920.

jean...@btinternet.com

未读,
2019年3月22日 06:13:052019/3/22
收件人
I read the son died at 13 in an accident, conflicting reports once again, If they were married in 1944 and the son died in 53 would have only bee about 8. Also says Jack and Marie married in 1949 only two years after his divorce, Yet Marie says in the interview posted on this site that they were married in early 50's,and were both in early 20's when they met, which could not have been true as Jack wold have been married to his first wife in his early 20's. and if he had been born in 1930 would have been 14 when he married the first time.Has anyone seen the marriage certificate, there must be a record of it. Will we ever know the real truth.

jean...@btinternet.com

未读,
2019年3月22日 06:24:062019/3/22
收件人

jean...@btinternet.com

未读,
2019年3月22日 06:24:502019/3/22
收件人

jean...@btinternet.com

未读,
2019年6月6日 07:19:152019/6/6
收件人
Well said, how could Marie show interest in Jack's child when his ex wife wanted nothing to do with him. Not sure about date of death of the boy as there are conflicting dates of Jack's first marriage, if the boy was 13 when he died then he would have been born in 1940. Most records show Jack's first marriage as being 1944 so the boy would have been born 1945..also some records say he was drowned in an accident. There must still be records and copies of the birth, death, marriage certicates, but as yet never come to light. As for the comment from gino@gmail, his words are cruel. Jack was certainly not self centred, look how much they gave to charity, he left forty million dollars to charity, constantly visited the veterans at trippler, bought land to give back to the state of Hawaii to protect wildlife. Raised money for the restoration of the iolani palace, I could go on. Yes he was a perfectionist and demanded the same level of dedication he was prepared to give himself because he wanted the programme to be a success, and we know it was. 50;years on he is still loved and remembered. The lord's marriage lasted 49 until his death. They truly adored each other, this is evident in Marie's last interview. So yes jack got what he deserved, a loving wife, a successful career, great wealth and thousands of adoring fans. Who could ask for more.

jean...@btinternet.com

未读,
2019年6月6日 07:44:402019/6/6
收件人
How can you say you cannot stand someone you never knew, to say Marie never extended her love for children tonhisvson, is just plain stupid, the son was in a different country and the first wife wanted nothing to do with Jack. As five@gmail says, Jack's letters were returned unopened. Jack was nitbtold about his ons death, so how could he go to the funeral. You say he would have 'stuck' with his first wife if he had been famous, but it was not him that left her. She did not want to live in the US. So you are talking rubbish. As for jack being self centre, you should readbup the book and acting life or interviews from those that worked with him. Yes he was a hard task master in his working life, he expected actors who were being paid to do a job,to give the same dedication and standards he gave himself, itbis my experience that all bosses expect that from their workers, Jack's and Marie's charity work firvthe mist psrt was kept quiet, but I have spoken to a worker at one of the charities he donation to and he will be remembered for his generosity and kindness to children to this day. The lord's left 40 million dollars to 12 charities, raised money to restore the palace, Jack was a constant supporter of the veterans at trippler. To me that shows a humble and very caring man. Jack'himself said, people who says cruel and vicious things about another are motivated by jealousy and I have seen many cruel comments about them both which shows how jealous people are,, as I run a fan group on Fb. The world is bad enough without slamming people who can no longer speak for themselves. I am glad jack had a long and happy marriage with a wife who gave up her career for love. Something we all would want in a perfect life.

benefiel...@gmail.com

未读,
2020年1月16日 05:01:082020/1/16
收件人
Just for. He gave money. His First wife may not wanted nothing to do with him.But any man are woman wanted to have anything at all to do with their children would go through whatever it took. I know. They had the money. I love Jack Lord acting. I watch. Him on Bonanza. Hey how do you know it might been his second wife who influence him not to contact his son
Sounds like she was in control . When a person wants to see their child they o though hell to do it. Don't like my point of view. No one is a Saint.

Kenny McCormack

未读,
2020年1月16日 06:12:422020/1/16
收件人
--
"He is exactly as they taught in KGB school: an egoist, a liar, but talented - he
knows the mind of the wrestling-loving, under-educated, authoritarian-admiring

Big Mongo

未读,
2020年1月16日 15:45:282020/1/16
收件人