Mills Lane, "The Ref", 85

radioacti...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2022, 5:11:51 PM12/6/22
Time and time again, the late Lane was smack dab in the middle of a bunch of historic bouts. Pretty interesting media personality, too.

The Savannah native died today in Reno.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
===================
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mills_Lane

David Carson

Dec 6, 2022, 7:40:57 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 14:11:48 -0800 (PST), "radioacti...@gmail.com"
<radioacti...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Time and time again, the late Lane was smack dab in the middle of a bunch of historic bouts. Pretty interesting media personality, too.
>
>The Savannah native died today in Reno.

I used to watch a lot of the judge shows. Lane was my favorite because he
didn't put on a "Ooo, I'm tough, and I'm the boss; you don't mess with me"
show.

David Carson

David Carson

Dec 6, 2022, 7:49:58 PM12/6/22
I was looking for a photo of him for my web site just now. I started to
use this one, then I noticed that the subject died in 1998. I dare anyone
to tell me it doesn't look exactly like him.

(Spoiler: it's his uncle)

David Carson
--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com

David Carson

Dec 6, 2022, 7:54:53 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 18:49:50 -0600, David Carson <da...@neosoft.com> wrote:

>I was looking for a photo of him for my web site just now. I started to
>use this one, then I noticed that the subject died in 1998. I dare anyone
>to tell me it doesn't look exactly like him.
>
>(Spoiler: it's his uncle)

Uh, oh, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office didn't read the fine print:
https://twitter.com/WashoeSheriff/status/1600202342967566336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1600202342967566336%7Ctwgr%5E588391d6ddae890989aba715ad03ac50500109ac%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.2news.com%2Fnews%2Fnevada-boxing-hall-of-fame-referee-reno-judge-mills-lane-dies-at-85%2Farticle_3101c5a2-758d-11ed-917d-4377cc363c15.html

Louis Epstein

Dec 7, 2022, 2:53:55 AM12/7/22
David Carson <da...@neosoft.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 18:40:44 -0600, David Carson <da...@neosoft.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 14:11:48 -0800 (PST), "radioacti...@gmail.com"
>><radioacti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Time and time again, the late Lane was smack dab in the middle of a bunch of historic bouts. Pretty interesting media personality, too.
>>>
>>>The Savannah native died today in Reno.
>>
>>I used to watch a lot of the judge shows. Lane was my favorite because he
>>didn't put on a "Ooo, I'm tough, and I'm the boss; you don't mess with me"
>>show.
>
> I was looking for a photo of him for my web site just now. I started to
> use this one, then I noticed that the subject died in 1998. I dare anyone
> to tell me it doesn't look exactly like him.
>
> (Spoiler: it's his uncle)

...I see no link to a photo however incorrect?
(Apparently a number of his relatives held high office at
Citizens & Southern Bank,though he didn't).

-=-=-

David Carson

Dec 7, 2022, 9:07:22 AM12/7/22

https://www.washoecourts.com/Historical/1991/Lane