Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern, 79, racing driver, playboy German aristocrat

Michael Rhodes

Oct 2, 2022, 7:54:57 PMOct 2
Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern, who died 27 September 2022, aged 79, was a member of the princely House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and champion race car driver. He was also known as the "black sheep" of Hohenzollern after several divorces and alcoholism including binge drinking scandals.
Ferfried was the youngest child and fourth son of Frederick, Prince of Hohenzollern [1891-1965] and his wife Princess Margarete Karola of Saxony [1900-62], daughter of Frederick Augustus III, King of Saxony. The Swabian Hohenzollerns were elevated to princes in 1623 and ruled until 1849. Pope Pius XII was Ferfried's godfather.

https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-09-30-ferfried-prince-of-hohenzollern-is-dead.r1ZolPw4Ms.html

In 1971 Ferfried won the second 24-hour race at Nürburgring in Germany with a BMW 1600 Alpina. After 36 years of absence from active racing, he raced again for the private racing team Racing Strip.com live in 2007, again in a BMW.

Louis Epstein

Oct 2, 2022, 9:53:22 PMOct 2
Michael Rhodes <mig73alle...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Prince Ferfried of Hohenzollern, who died 27 September 2022, aged 79, was a
> member of the princely House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and champion race
> car driver. He was also known as the "black sheep" of Hohenzollern after
> several divorces and alcoholism including binge drinking scandals.
> Ferfried was the youngest child and fourth son of Frederick, Prince of
> Hohenzollern [1891-1965] and his wife Princess Margarete Karola of Saxony
> [1900-62], daughter of Frederick Augustus III, King of Saxony. The Swabian
> Hohenzollerns were elevated to princes in 1623 and ruled until 1849. Pope
> Pius XII was Ferfried's godfather.
>
> https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-09-30-ferfried-prince-of-hohenzollern-is-dead.r1ZolPw4Ms.html
>
> In 1971 Ferfried won the second 24-hour race at N?rburgring in Germany with
> a BMW 1600 Alpina. After 36 years of absence from active racing, he raced
> again for the private racing team Racing Strip.com live in 2007, again in a
> BMW.

The Duke of Norfolk and Marquess of Bute have apparently also been
racing drivers...I wonder who would win an all-nobility race!

-=-=-