TCM's memorial tribute

Jim Beaver

Dec 12, 2008, 5:15:14 AM12/12/08
64 names, ending with Paul Newman's. Although my pal at TCM notified me
several days ago that it was complete, it includes Nina Foch and Forrest J.
Ackerman. Unfortunately, I couldn't pause it to write down the names.

Jim Beaver

J.D. Baldwin

Dec 12, 2008, 9:35:38 AM12/12/08

In the previous article, Jim Beaver <jumb...@prodigy.spam>
wrote:

> 64 names, ending with Paul Newman's.

Came a little early this year, didn't it?
\ / bal...@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

Hyfler/Rosner

Dec 12, 2008, 10:38:38 AM12/12/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

As soon as it's on youtube, or TCM, I'll post the link. Or
someone else will.

I can't wait.

That's a lot of names.

Jim Beaver

Dec 12, 2008, 11:30:51 AM12/12/08

"Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

It's already there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFiMeMV4_M

4:43 long. First name at :26.

Here's the list:

Richard Widmark
Edie Adams
Guillaume Depardieu
Robert DoQui
Charlton Heston
Cyd Charisse
George Carlin
Paul Scofield
Dick Martin
Sydney Pollack
Stan Winston
Eva Dahlbeck
Michael Kidd
June Travis
Charles H. Joffe
Ken Ogata
Irving Brecher
Roy Scheider
Brad Renfro
Paul Benedict
John Michael Hayes
John Phillip Law
Michael Pate
Roberta Collins
Isaac Hayes
Joseph Pevney
Arthur C. Clarke
Fred Crane
Ollie Johnston
Michael Crichton
Evelyn Keyes
Breno Mello
Marpessa Dawn
Mel Ferrer
Jerry Reed
Heath Ledger
Robert J. Anderson
Suzanne Pleshette
Anthony Minghella
Ben Chapman
Vampira
Hazel Court
Perry Lopez
Delmar Watson
Robert Arthur
Kon Ichikawa
Joy Page
Bernie Mac
Forrest J. Ackerman
Nina Foch
Dino Risi
Dody Goodman
Jules Dassin
Abby Mann
Harvey Korman
Lois Nettleton
Estelle Reiner (the only one with a sound bite)
Julie Ege
Leonard Rosenman
Don LaFontaine
Malvin Wald
Jean Delannoy
Anita Page
Paul Newman

While you're at YouTube, check these out. I just saw them for the first
time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjKOVbl01o&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJqZW8zmptA&feature=channel

Jim Beaver

Hyfler/Rosner

Dec 12, 2008, 11:41:33 AM12/12/08

>> As soon as it's on youtube, or TCM, I'll post the link.
>> Or someone else will.
>
> It's already there:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFiMeMV4_M
>
> 4:43 long. First name at :26.

Thanks, Jim.

Disappointing, I think. It was moving at such a brisk clip,
I could barely keep up. I did like the song and the way
they matched the lyrics to the scenes.

I can't decide if I liked the one audio clip. I think I
did.

Not as good as other years. Especially 2003. Which was
gorgeous.

Message has been deleted

Stephen Bowie

Dec 12, 2008, 12:24:58 PM12/12/08
Whew! That means that nobody else will die this year. What a relief.

It's so cool that they included Roberta Collins ....

http://classictvhistory.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/dear-bobbie/

... even though there were no obits anywhere except in blogs and fan
publications. She must have another fan at TCM. (Same thing with
Julie Ege, I believe.)

Brad Ferguson

Dec 12, 2008, 12:51:56 PM12/12/08
In article <ghu47r$rhl$1...@reader1.panix.com>, Hyfler/Rosner
<rel...@rcn.com> wrote:

> >> As soon as it's on youtube, or TCM, I'll post the link.
> >> Or someone else will.
> >
> > It's already there:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFiMeMV4_M
> >
> > 4:43 long. First name at :26.
>

> Thanks, Jim.
>
> Disappointing, I think. It was moving at such a brisk clip,
> I could barely keep up. I did like the song and the way
> they matched the lyrics to the scenes.
>
> I can't decide if I liked the one audio clip. I think I
> did.

I did, too.

> Not as good as other years. Especially 2003. Which was
> gorgeous.

OTOH, I liked it a lot. Moving, without being maudlin. I also liked
the subtlely of the cross cut into the stump, and there was that cameo
by the right side of George Reeves's body.

The only film I didn't recognize was the one with Bobs Watson's brother
Delmar. "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," maybe?

Thanks to Jim for the link. Catching this was a lot easier this year.

busgal

Dec 12, 2008, 2:09:09 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 12:51 pm, Brad Ferguson <thirt...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
> In article <ghu47r$rh...@reader1.panix.com>, Hyfler/Rosner
> Thanks to Jim for the link.  Catching this was a lot easier this year.- Hide quoted text -

if you mean the kids and the megaphone thats the begining of "It's A
Wondeful Life"

busgal

Dec 12, 2008, 2:19:20 PM12/12/08
> Wondeful Life"- Hide quoted text -

whoops thats Robert Anderson

Larc

Dec 12, 2008, 3:57:28 PM12/12/08

Hope they haven't finalized the list. They'll need to add Van Johnson.

Larc

Message has been deleted

Garrett

Dec 12, 2008, 5:30:58 PM12/12/08

"J.D. Baldwin" <INVALID...@example.com.invalid> wrote in message

> In the previous article, Jim Beaver <jumb...@prodigy.spam>
> wrote:
>> 64 names, ending with Paul Newman's.
>
> Came a little early this year, didn't it?

I think they usually run this ahead of the end of the year ... from this
year's list, Michael Kidd died on Dec 23 of last year, for example.

John M.

Dec 12, 2008, 7:41:36 PM12/12/08
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:41:33 -0500, "Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote:

>>> As soon as it's on youtube, or TCM, I'll post the link.
>>> Or someone else will.
>>
>> It's already there:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFiMeMV4_M
>>
>> 4:43 long. First name at :26.
>

>Thanks, Jim.
>
>Disappointing, I think. It was moving at such a brisk clip,
>I could barely keep up. I did like the song and the way
>they matched the lyrics to the scenes.
>
>I can't decide if I liked the one audio clip. I think I
>did.

I thought it was a nice touch.

Can anyone name the tune and artist singing? I've never heard it before and it
was really bugging me as I listened because the voice sounded Very familiar. I
think I've got it now. From a popular band in the sixties?

--

John M.

Message has been deleted

marilyn...@aol.com

Dec 12, 2008, 8:02:00 PM12/12/08
I just caught most of a broadcast of this and Van Johnson has been
added.
Loved the music

Ed Varner

Dec 12, 2008, 8:28:08 PM12/12/08
> John M.- Hide quoted text -

It is "God Only Knows" by Joe Henry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKpsmA9cLu0

http://www.joehenrylovesyoumadly.com/listen.php

John M.

Dec 12, 2008, 9:25:12 PM12/12/08

Oh well......I thought it might have been Jorma Kaukonen. Similar sound.

--

John M.

Garondo Marondo

Dec 13, 2008, 1:20:19 AM12/13/08
On Dec 12, 8:30 am, "Jim Beaver" <jumble...@prodigy.spam> wrote:

Thanks Jim!

> "Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

Jim Beaver

Dec 13, 2008, 9:20:28 PM12/13/08
Somebody notated the list as follows:

>> Here's the list:
>>
>> Richard Widmark
>> Edie Adams
>> Guillaume Depardieu

>> Robert DoQui Who's he?

Actor. A favorite of Robert Altman's, for whom he did NASHVILLE, BUFFALO
BILL AND THE INDIANS, and SHORT CUTS.

>> Charlton Heston
>> Cyd Charisse
>> George Carlin
>> Paul Scofield
>> Dick Martin
>> Sydney Pollack

>> Stan Winston Ditto

Legendary makeup and special effects man, 4-time Oscar winner. Responsible
for much of the visual magic in THE TERMINATOR (and its sequels), STARMAN,
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, PREDATOR, ROOTS, A.I., and W.C. FIELDS AND ME, among
many others.

>> Eva Dahlbeck Ditto

Swedish actress, star of Ingmar Bergman's SMILES OF A SUMMER NIGHT

>> Michael Kidd Ditto

Famed choreographer/dancer/actor. GUYS AND DOLLS, SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN
BROTHERS, THE BAND WAGON, and his wonderful acting turn in SMILE

>> June Travis Ditto

Warner Bros. contract actress of B-movies in the 1930s.

>> Charles H. Joffe Ditto

Discovered Woody Allen, made him a star, and produced just about every one
of his movies.

>> Ken Ogata Ditto

Japanese star, played lead in VENGEANCE IS MINE and title role in Paul
Schrader's MISHIMA

>> Irving Brecher
>> Roy Scheider
>> Brad Renfro
>> Paul Benedict

>> John Michael Hayes Ditto

Screenwriter of REAR WINDOW, THE CARPETBAGGERS, NEVADA SMITH, THE MAN WHO
KNEW TOO MUCH, SEPARATE TABLES, TO CATCH A THIEF, THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY,
and PEYTON PLACE.

>> John Phillip Law
>
>> Michael Pate "Ooh, you stupid, little fool!" ["Get Smart"
> ep. 'Our Man in Leotards' (Nov. 20, 1965),
> as 'Emilio Naharana']
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0587545
>
>> Roberta Collins
>> Isaac Hayes
>> Joseph Pevney Who's this?

Director of MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES, AWAY ALL BOATS, PORTRAIT OF A MOBSTER,
and 14 episodes of STAR TREK. Also actor, best known as John Garfield's
best friend in BODY AND SOUL.

>> Arthur C. Clarke
>> Fred Crane

>> Ollie Johnston Ditto

Disney animator for nearly 50 years, supervised animation on FANTASIA,
CINDERELLA, BAMBI, PETER PAN, and most of the other classics after 1940.

>> Michael Crichton
>> Evelyn Keyes
>> Breno Mello Ditto

Leading man of BLACK ORPHEUS

>> Marpessa Dawn Ditto

Leading woman of BLACK ORPHEUS

>> Mel Ferrer
>> Jerry Reed
>> Heath Ledger
>> Robert J. Anderson
>> Suzanne Pleshette

>> Anthony Minghella Ditto

Oscar-winning writer-director of TRULY MADLY DEEPLY, THE ENGLISH PATIENT,
THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY, COLD MOUNTAIN

>> Ben Chapman
>> Vampira
>> Hazel Court
>> Perry Lopez
>> Delmar Watson

>> Robert Arthur Ditto

Supporting player in films like CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN, YELLOW SKY, ACE IN THE
HOLE, and TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH

>> Kon Ichikawa Ditto

Great Japanese writer-director of THE BURMESE HARP, FIRES ON THE PLAIN, and
AN ACTOR'S REVENGE

>> Joy Page Ditto

Supporting actress, best known as the refugee girl Bogart saves from
sacrificing herself in CASABLANCA

> Bettie Page

>> Bernie Mac
>> Forrest J. Ackerman
>> Nina Foch
>

> Beverly Garland, the same day as Foch (Dec. 5)
>
>> Dino Risi
>> Dody Goodman
>> Jules Dassin Ditto

Writer-director of such films as NEVER ON SUNDAY, TOPKAPI, RIFFIFI, BRUTE
FORCE, and NIGHT AND THE CITY

>> Abby Mann
>> Harvey Korman
>> Lois Nettleton
>> Estelle Reiner (the only one with a sound bite)

> "I'll have what she's having!"
>
>> Julie Ege Ditto

Norwegian actress, sex-symbol, Bond girl (in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET
SERVICE)

>> Leonard Rosenman
>> Don LaFontaine
>> Malvin Wald Ditto

Screenwriter of THE NAKED CITY, THE DARK PAST, OUTRAGE

Jim Beaver

Charlene

Dec 13, 2008, 9:30:34 PM12/13/08
On Dec 12, 11:51 am, Brad Ferguson <thirt...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
> In article <ghu47r$rh...@reader1.panix.com>, Hyfler/Rosner

I loved this year's. I wish previous years' reels were available
online for those of us unable to get TCM.

wd44

Hyfler/Rosner

Dec 13, 2008, 9:55:02 PM12/13/08
to Charlene

> I loved this year's. I wish previous years' reels were available
> online for those of us unable to get TCM.
>
> wd44

They're all on youtube. Search for one and the other years will be on
the side.

Charlene

Dec 13, 2008, 10:24:10 PM12/13/08

I found them by searching for "TCM Remembers". Otherwise I kept
getting punk rock videos.

wd44

I'm not sure that isn't appropriate.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

The Kentucky Wizard

Dec 14, 2008, 1:25:03 AM12/14/08
Upon receiving news that Jim Beaver had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

> Somebody notated the list as follows:
>

>>> Here's the list:
>>>
>>> Richard Widmark
>>> Edie Adams
>>> Guillaume Depardieu
>>> Robert DoQui Who's he?
>
> Actor. A favorite of Robert Altman's, for whom he did NASHVILLE,
> BUFFALO BILL AND THE INDIANS, and SHORT CUTS.
>
>>> Charlton Heston
>>> Cyd Charisse
>>> George Carlin
>>> Paul Scofield
>>> Dick Martin
>>> Sydney Pollack
>>> Stan Winston Ditto

<snip - Just for Bob F.>

Hey Jim, who's this "Ditto" fella you keep mentioning?

--

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you
with experience.

© The Wiz ®

Magnus

Dec 14, 2008, 1:53:08 AM12/14/08
On Dec 12, 11:30 am, "Jim Beaver" <jumble...@prodigy.spam> wrote:
> "Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFiMeMV4_M

To this list I thought I would add Rusty White's 2008 obituary review
at his Entertainment Insiders site.

http://www.einsiders.com/features/columns/2008_review_obituaries.php

magnus

Bob Feigel

Dec 14, 2008, 11:52:17 PM12/14/08
[Default] On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:41:33 -0500, "Hyfler/Rosner"
<rel...@rcn.com> magnanimously proffered:

>>> As soon as it's on youtube, or TCM, I'll post the link.
>>> Or someone else will.
>>
>> It's already there:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFiMeMV4_M
>>
>> 4:43 long. First name at :26.
>

>Thanks, Jim.
>
>Disappointing, I think. It was moving at such a brisk clip,
>I could barely keep up. <snip>

Blink and you missed someone special ...

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Allen Blaine

Dec 15, 2008, 4:17:43 PM12/15/08
What a dirty shame to neglect Jo Stafford: beloved by millions or
service men, her own tv show plus appeared in movies and one of
America's greatest singers. SHAME, TCM ---

What in God's name did Isaac Hayes do for the movies??

TCM gave Jo Stafford the shaft.

Jim Beaver

Dec 15, 2008, 4:53:27 PM12/15/08

"Allen Blaine" <MrAlle...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Oh, give me a break. Jo Stafford never had a single feature film credit,
and had three, count 'em, three uncredited bits as a singing voice.

Isaac Hayes appeared in nearly forty movies, won an Oscar, was nominated for
a second one, and was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild award.

Jim Beaver

Charlene

Dec 15, 2008, 6:28:43 PM12/15/08
On Dec 14, 12:25 am, "The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWiz...@insightbb.com>
wrote:

> Upon receiving news that Jim Beaver had made the remarks below, and after
> consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
> Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
> come to the following conclusions:
>

> > Somebody notated the list as follows:

> > Actor.  A favorite of Robert Altman's, for whom he did NASHVILLE,
> > BUFFALO BILL AND THE INDIANS, and SHORT CUTS.

> <snip - Just for Bob F.>
>
> Hey Jim, who's this "Ditto" fella you keep mentioning?

Hi and Lois's son died?!?

wd44

Allen Blaine

Dec 17, 2008, 12:45:23 AM12/17/08
Sheese, shows what happens when an aging ol Nellie Media Queen gets her
panty-girdle in a wad over nothing. Don't let those little marbles get
squeezed.

You gotta admit that Jo Stafford was a STAR of magnitude and actually
did something in her life besides dropping names of all the stars he/she
has met etc. and dropping trivial crap that most likely no one even
wants to know.

You're too serious about all this, Jimmiette. And are a name-dropper of
the greatest. What actually did you accomplish in Hollywood besides gawk
and pretend and wish to be a star.

LONG LIVE JO ------

La N

Dec 17, 2008, 12:58:29 AM12/17/08

"Allen Blaine" <MrAlle...@webtv.net> wrote in message

< snip >

Oh shaddup!

And what's this about Jim Beaver(s). There is only one Jim Beaver. [Stand
back, Jim, I'll take care of this]

*wham* *pow*

Mr. "Allen Blaine"? You will refer to him as *MR* Beaver in the future, you
hear me?!

- nilita

Jane Margaret Laight

Dec 17, 2008, 8:29:18 AM12/17/08

TCM concentrated on folks who were involved in movies as artists or
technicians--there were a few other folks whose career was primarily
in television who didn't make it--Ivan Dixon the most glaring
example. According to her entry in imdb.com, Jo Stafford primarily
appeared as a singer, either as a solo or with the Pied Pipers, or as
the hilarious Darlene Edwards. She wasn't an actress. Cyd Charisse
wasn't much more of an actress, but she did appear in movies playing a
role that included dancing, rather than just dancing.

Jo Stafford had a beautiful voice and great stage presence, and--as
shown by her work as Darlene Edwards--a wicked sense of humor. My
mother would have agreed with you. However, the folks at TCM decreed
otherwise.

Why don't you write them a note or send them a nastygram?

JML
club at ready

Jim Beaver

Dec 17, 2008, 9:46:35 AM12/17/08

"Allen Blaine" <MrAlle...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Not much. I gawk at stars all the time, still reeling years after the fact
from nearly knocking an old lady down and grabbing onto her and realizing I
was holding Lillian Gish in my arms. Still amazed that I sat next to Mickey
Rooney at the Golden Boot Awards a couple of years ago. Still staggered
that Jon Voight and Faye Dunaway sought me out at a premiere party to say
nice things about my work. I gawk with the best of them.

And I do sometimes wish I were a star. Yep, I admit it.

And I've pretended for many, many years. I've pretended to be about 200
different people in nearly forty motion pictures and a couple hundred TV
shows over the years. And been very, very fortunate to have been given the
chance and to have gotten not only a career but a certain amount of acclaim
from it.

And I've worked very hard to make people happy to have me around, to hire me
again and again, and to be pleased they made that choice.

I hope you're as happy with your life as I am with mine. From the evidence
presented here, I have my doubts, but I do hope it.

Jim Beaver

busgal

Dec 17, 2008, 9:56:48 AM12/17/08
""Oh, give me a break. Jo Stafford never had a single feature film
credit,
and had three, count 'em, three uncredited bits as a singing voice.""

"You Belong To Me" in "The Last Picture Show?

Kathi

Dec 17, 2008, 3:43:23 PM12/17/08
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:46:35 -0800, "Jim Beaver"
<jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote:

>"Allen Blaine" <MrAlle...@webtv.net> wrote in message

>> You're too serious about all this, Jimmiette. And are a name-dropper of
>> the greatest. What actually did you accomplish in Hollywood besides gawk
>> and pretend and wish to be a star.
>
>Not much. I gawk at stars all the time, still reeling years after the fact
>from nearly knocking an old lady down and grabbing onto her and realizing I
>was holding Lillian Gish in my arms. Still amazed that I sat next to Mickey
>Rooney at the Golden Boot Awards a couple of years ago. Still staggered
>that Jon Voight and Faye Dunaway sought me out at a premiere party to say
>nice things about my work. I gawk with the best of them.
>
>And I do sometimes wish I were a star. Yep, I admit it.
>
>And I've pretended for many, many years. I've pretended to be about 200
>different people in nearly forty motion pictures and a couple hundred TV
>shows over the years. And been very, very fortunate to have been given the
>chance and to have gotten not only a career but a certain amount of acclaim
>from it.
>
>And I've worked very hard to make people happy to have me around, to hire me
>again and again, and to be pleased they made that choice.
>
>I hope you're as happy with your life as I am with mine. From the evidence
>presented here, I have my doubts, but I do hope it.

Bravo!

By the way, my Supernatural-fanatic son thinks it's "totally wicked
cool" that *I*, his totally un-famous mom, "know" you on this
newsgroup.

Cool mom,
Kathi
.

Ron

Dec 17, 2008, 10:41:25 PM12/17/08

Ooooooooh......impressive: MrAllen...@webtv.net (Allen Blaines)

Jo Stafford had a mediocre voice. I won't listen to her when any female
singer in her day sounded better.

R H Draney

Dec 18, 2008, 12:31:32 AM12/18/08
Ron filted:

>Jo Stafford had a mediocre voice. I won't listen to her when any female
>singer in her day sounded better.

*Any* female singer in her day?...

Dagmar?!...r

--
"You got Schadenfreude on my Weltanschauung!"
"You got Weltanschauung in my Schadenfreude!"

David Samuel Barr

Dec 18, 2008, 2:05:37 AM12/18/08

<MWB> GO JIM </MWB>

Brian Watson

Dec 18, 2008, 2:47:21 AM12/18/08

> "Allen Blaine" <MrAlle...@webtv.net> wrote in message

>> You're too serious about all this, Jimmiette. And are a name-dropper of

>> the greatest. What actually did you accomplish in Hollywood besides gawk
>> and pretend and wish to be a star.
>
> Not much. I gawk at stars all the time, still reeling years after the
> fact from nearly knocking an old lady down and grabbing onto her and
> realizing I was holding Lillian Gish in my arms. Still amazed that I sat
> next to Mickey Rooney at the Golden Boot Awards a couple of years ago.
> Still staggered that Jon Voight and Faye Dunaway sought me out at a
> premiere party to say nice things about my work. I gawk with the best of
> them.
>
> And I do sometimes wish I were a star. Yep, I admit it.
>
> And I've pretended for many, many years. I've pretended to be about 200
> different people in nearly forty motion pictures and a couple hundred TV
> shows over the years. And been very, very fortunate to have been given
> the chance and to have gotten not only a career but a certain amount of
> acclaim from it.
>
> And I've worked very hard to make people happy to have me around, to hire
> me again and again, and to be pleased they made that choice.
>
> I hope you're as happy with your life as I am with mine. From the
> evidence presented here, I have my doubts, but I do hope it.

Put that in a frame, Jim, and hang it on your wall!

What a comeback to a jerk...

Genius.

:-)

--
Brian

Ron

Dec 18, 2008, 5:14:20 AM12/18/08
"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> Ron filted:
>>
>> Jo Stafford had a mediocre voice. I won't listen to her when any
>> female singer in her day sounded better.
>
> *Any* female singer in her day?...
>
> Dagmar?!...r

I never heard of Dagmar. I can only compare Jo Stafford to other female
singers who were popular and I ever heard. Offhand, I don't recall one
who didn't sound better to my ears than Jo Stafford. YMMV.

Bigot Zapper

Dec 18, 2008, 2:14:58 PM12/18/08
On Dec 17, 3:43 pm, Kathi <seidl-nospam-ka...@ic.net> wrote:

> By the way, my Supernatural-fanatic son thinks it's "totally wicked
> cool" that *I*, his totally un-famous mom, "know" you on this
> newsgroup.
>
> Cool mom,
> Kathi

ditto kathi re my kids

we were watching an episode of 'criminal minds' last season in which
jim had a role as a sheriff. i casually mentioned to my son and
daughter (then 17 and 13) he was a regular poster on a.o. and, by
gosh, even participated in some threads started by me.

all of their texting buddies were aware of this close friendship in
minutes.

now if i could just get them to hear other stuff i have said.

Ron

Dec 18, 2008, 2:30:46 PM12/18/08
"Bigot Zapper" <bigot...@gmail.com> wrote in message

"Hey Kids!.......About Jim Beaver ......."

Now you've got their attention so add the rest fast before they catch on
.. ;-))

riderhood

Dec 18, 2008, 4:42:28 PM12/18/08
Ron wrote:
> I never heard of Dagmar. I can only compare Jo Stafford to other female
> singers who were popular and I ever heard. Offhand, I don't recall one
> who didn't sound better to my ears than Jo Stafford. YMMV.

Get some help for that tin ear.

Riderhood

Ron

Dec 18, 2008, 5:59:54 PM12/18/08
"riderhood" <ride...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hahahaha....that was sooo funny. Hahahahaha....you are soooooo clever.
Hahahaha. I still would NOT like or listen to Jo Stafford. Sorry.