Taryn Power, 66, 1970s actress; daughter of actors Tyrone Power & Linda Christian

That Derek

Jun 27, 2020, 4:11:29 PM6/27/20
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taryn_Power

Taryn Power

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BORN: Taryn Stephanie Power, September 13, 1953, Los Angeles, California, United States
DIED: June 27, 2020 (age 66), Los Angeles, California
OTHER NAMES: Taryn Power-Greendeer
OCCUPATION: ctress
YEARS ACTIVE: 1972–1990
SPOUSE(S): Norman Seeff(m. 1978; div. 1982)
Tony Sales (m. 198?; div. 19??)
William Greendeer (m. 1993; div. ??)
CHILDREN: 4
PARENT(S): Tyrone Power, Linda Christian
RELATIVES: Romina Power (sister); Tyrone Power Jr. (half-brother): Tyrone Power Sr. (grandfather); Tyrone Power(great-great grandfather)er)

Taryn Stephanie Power (born September 13, 1953 – June 27, 2020) was an American actress.

Biography

Early life
Taryn was born in Los Angeles, California in 1953, to actors Tyrone Power and Linda Christian. When her parents divorced in 1956, her mother took Power and her elder sister Romina to live all around the world, mainly spending their childhoods in Italy and Spain.

Career
She acted in eight films, the first two in Spanish, the rest mostly English language films. Her most notable roles were as "Valentine De Villefort" in The Count of Monte Cristo (1975), with Richard Chamberlain, Donald Pleasence, and Tony Curtis, and as "Dione" in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977), starring Patrick Wayne and Jane Seymour.

Personal life
Taryn's father died in 1958, of a massive heart attack when she was five. In 1975, she met photographer Norman Seeff in Los Angeles, and eventually married him shortly before the birth of her first child. They split and eventually divorced in 1982. Power also had two children with musician Tony Sales (son of comedian Soupy Sales) in the 1980s. She later married William Greendeer and had a fourth child, Stella Greendeer, on April 21, 1996.

Filmography

Film
Year/Film/Role/Notes
1972/María/María/--
1974/Un Viaje de locos/Fedora/--
1975/The Count of Monte Cristo/Valentine De Villefort/--
1976/Tracks/Stephanie/--
1976/House of Pleasure for Women/Olimpia/Alternative title: Bordella
1977/Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger/Dione/Alternative title: Sinbad at the World's End
1984/The Sea Serpent/Margaret/Alternative title: Serpiente de Mar
1990/Eating/Anita/--

Television
1977/The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries/Helene Holstead/1 episode
1985/Matt Houston/Deborah/1 episode

Award nominations
Year/Award/Result/Category/Film
1978/Saturn Award/Nominated/Best Actress,Fantasy/Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger

https://www.corriere.it/spettacoli/20_giugno_27/morta-taryn-power-sorella-romina-malattia-leucemia-0ac48b6a-b855-11ea-b2d0-312cc6f9a902.shtml

l lutto

Morta Taryn Power, l’addio di Romina: «Non potevo avere una sorella migliore»

La sorella minore di Romina Power aveva 66 anni e da uno e mezzo lottava contro una leucemia

di Redazione Online

Taryn Power, sorella minore di Romina Power, si è spenta a 66 anni. Un anno e mezzo fa le era stata diagnosticata una leucemia. La notizia è stata data da Romina Power su Instagram: la cantante ha postato un messaggio di addio corredato da un video di loro due insieme, in auto. «Mia sorella Taryn ha raggiunto i nostri genitori ieri alle 9:53 a casa sua nel Wisconsin», ha scritto Power, «circondata dai suoi quattro figli e i suoi quattro nipoti dopo

L’artista dedica poi parole struggenti alla sorella: «Ci ha lasciati un essere luminoso, una madre amorevole, nonna eccezionale e una sorella unica e speciale per il suo umorismo, la sua generosità e l’amore che aveva per gli animali e la natura». «Non potevo avere una sorella migliore in questa vita!», aggiunge poi Romina. Dopo il messaggio di addio associato al video, Power ha pubblicato una lunga serie di foto, sempre in memoria della sorella. Scatti che risalgono alla loro infanzia, ma anche foto più recenti di Taryn o ricordi della loro giovinezza. Le due figlie dell’attore Tyrone Power e Linda Christian erano molto legate, sin da piccole.

leno...@yahoo.com

Jun 27, 2020, 7:08:44 PM6/27/20
She died of leukemia.

https://thelifeandtimesofhollywood.com/taryn-power-daughter-of-tyrone-power-dies-at-67-of-leukemia/

She played Dione, the blonde daughter of the alchemist Melanthius (Patrick Troughton) in "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger."

And I have to wonder how that movie EVER got rated G - there are several violent scenes in it that are all but guaranteed to give little kids nightmares!

Lenona.

Louis Epstein

Jun 27, 2020, 10:35:15 PM6/27/20
leno...@yahoo.com wrote:
> She died of leukemia.
>
> https://thelifeandtimesofhollywood.com/taryn-power-daughter-of-tyrone-power-dies-at-67-of-leukemia/
>
>She played Dione, the blonde daughter of the alchemist Melanthius (Patrick
> Troughton)

Who?
(as in Doctor two,of course).
(Troughton died at a convention at which he was guest of honor!)

> in "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger."
>
> And I have to wonder how that movie EVER got rated G - there are several
> violent scenes in it that are all but guaranteed to give little kids
> nightmares!
>

> Lenona.

"Taryn" was a name coined to echo the name by which her father,who wanted
a son,was known...though like Clark Gable he DID wind up having a POSTHUMOUS
son...a half-brother to Taryn.

But the Tyrone Powers,of all their various degrees of power...
I don't think any of them have had the exact same set of names but
they have tended to use "Tyrone Power" professionally.

Surviving now are Taryn's half brother ("Tyrone Jr.") and his son Tyrone Keenan
Power(not an actor yet that I know of).

Taryn's father is generally referred to as "Tyrone Power" and her grandfather
Frederick Tyrone Power,though billed as Tyrone Power in his lifetime,is
most often called "Tyrone Power Sr." (much as Jason Robards Sr. and Noah
Beery Sr. and Lon Chaney Sr. sprouted the "Sr." after their deaths)...but
HIS grandfather William Grattan Tyrone Power,an Irishman,was the first
prominent actor known professionally as "Tyrone Power" and he's now often
called "Tyrone Power I"...but HIS father was the first Tyrone Power in
the traced line,though "a minstrel of sorts" rather than an actor.

(The only son of W.G. Tyrone Power who had "Tyrone" among his names,
however,NOT the father of F. Tyrone Power).

-=-=-