Russian deaths in Ukraine

101 views
Skip to first unread message

Louis Epstein

unread,
Sep 6, 2022, 4:45:46 AMSep 6
to
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/73666241/
reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.

https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine
itemizes over a thousand deceased officers
but is not as up to date.
(They match each name to photo and date as possible).

-=-=-
The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Sep 11, 2022, 2:54:08 AMSep 11
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/73666241/
> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.

200-day figures reach 52,650 deaths (within 6000 of the USA's
losses in the entire Vietnam War).

Louis Epstein

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 6:39:14 PMSep 23
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/73666241/
> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.

By contrast,USA deaths in Vietnam in full calendar years:
1961 16
1962 53
1963 122
1964 216
1965 1928
1966 6350
1967 11363
1968 16899
1969 11780 [Hey,were THEY Trump's missing Georgia voters?]
1970 6173
1971 2414
1972 759
1973 68

Kenny McCormack

unread,
Sep 23, 2022, 6:56:27 PMSep 23
to
In article <tglcif$mpe$1...@reader2.panix.com>,
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/73666241/
>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>
>https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>It will be 8 months tomorrow.

7. According to my calculaor, 9 - 2 = 7

--
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free kitten."

Louis Epstein

unread,
Sep 24, 2022, 7:20:26 PMSep 24
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>
> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
> It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.

Oops...it's still a matter of *7* months (Feb 24 to Sept 24)
and the latest number
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/24/7368877/
is 56300 dead...at an annualized rate that would be 96500,
about 6 times the USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times
the second-worst.


> By contrast,USA deaths in Vietnam in full calendar years:
> 1961 16
> 1962 53
> 1963 122
> 1964 216
> 1965 1928
> 1966 6350
> 1967 11363
> 1968 16899
> 1969 11780 [Hey,were THEY Trump's missing Georgia voters?]
> 1970 6173
> 1971 2414
> 1972 759
> 1973 68
>
>> https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine
>> itemizes over a thousand deceased officers

Now 1210.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Sep 24, 2022, 10:02:42 PMSep 24
to
Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> In article <tglcif$mpe$1...@reader2.panix.com>,
> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/73666241/
>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>
>>https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>>It will be 8 months tomorrow.
>
> 7. According to my calculaor, 9 - 2 = 7

Since noticed and fixed.
The 96000-death annualized rate is about 6 times the
USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times the second-worst.
Of course the USSR lost 8.67 million military personnel in WW II
and apparently 6.75 million were Russian (1.65 million Ukrainian).
So they've seen worse but by modern standards this is bad.

Kenny McCormack

unread,
Sep 25, 2022, 9:59:43 AMSep 25
to
In article <tgocrv$1b5$1...@reader2.panix.com>,
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
>> In article <tglcif$mpe$1...@reader2.panix.com>,
>> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>>Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/73666241/
>>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>>
>>>https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>>>It will be 8 months tomorrow.
>>
>> 7. According to my calculaor, 9 - 2 = 7
>
>Since noticed and fixed.
>The 96000-death annualized rate is about 6 times the
>USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times the second-worst.
>Of course the USSR lost 8.67 million military personnel in WW II
>and apparently 6.75 million were Russian (1.65 million Ukrainian).
>So they've seen worse but by modern standards this is bad.

Yes, but they brought it on themselves. This is a key difference.

Note that I've never been a very strong subscriber to the notion that "Oh,
they just have bad leaders; our beef is with their leaders, not with the
ordinary man-in-the-street/innocent-civilian/
ordinary-soldier-who-is-just-following-orders" kind of argument.

Look at the people who supported and enabled Hitler during the 30s. They
are certainly not innocent of what came later. Those people were, in fact,
very similar to the kinds of people that support the Orange Menace today.
They had pretty much the same concerns and desires then as today.

--
In the corner of the room on the ceiling is a large vampire bat who
is obviously deranged and holding his nose.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Sep 29, 2022, 2:40:16 AMSep 29
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>> It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.
>
> Oops...it's still a matter of *7* months (Feb 24 to Sept 24)
> and the latest number
> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/24/7368877/
> is 56300 dead...at an annualized rate that would be 96500,
> about 6 times the USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times
> the second-worst.

Latest daily number just released is 58,530 in 218 days...
more than the USA lost in the most generous definition of
the Vietnam War (1955-75).

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 2, 2022, 10:11:44 AMOct 2
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
>>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>>
>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>>> It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.
>>
>> Oops...it's still a matter of *7* months (Feb 24 to Sept 24)
>> and the latest number
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/24/7368877/
>> is 56300 dead...at an annualized rate that would be 96500,
>> about 6 times the USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times
>> the second-worst.
>
> Latest daily number just released is 58,530 in 218 days...
> more than the USA lost in the most generous definition of
> the Vietnam War (1955-75).

Now over 60,000.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/10/2/7370012/

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 8, 2022, 4:19:19 AMOct 8
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
>>>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>>>
>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>>>> It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.
>>>
>>> Oops...it's still a matter of *7* months (Feb 24 to Sept 24)
>>> and the latest number
>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/24/7368877/
>>> is 56300 dead...at an annualized rate that would be 96500,
>>> about 6 times the USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times
>>> the second-worst.
>>
>> Latest daily number just released is 58,530 in 218 days...
>> more than the USA lost in the most generous definition of
>> the Vietnam War (1955-75).
>
> Now over 60,000.
> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/10/2/7370012/

62060 as of day 227.

>>>> By contrast,USA deaths in Vietnam in full calendar years:
>>>> 1961 16
>>>> 1962 53
>>>> 1963 122
>>>> 1964 216
>>>> 1965 1928
>>>> 1966 6350
>>>> 1967 11363
>>>> 1968 16899
>>>> 1969 11780 [Hey,were THEY Trump's missing Georgia voters?]
>>>> 1970 6173
>>>> 1971 2414
>>>> 1972 759
>>>> 1973 68
>>>>
>>>>> https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine
>>>>> itemizes over a thousand deceased officers
>>>
>>> Now 1210.

1262 as of October 4th,new numbers should be out soon.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 9, 2022, 3:14:09 PMOct 9
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
>>>>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>>>>
>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>>>>> It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.
>>>>
>>>> Oops...it's still a matter of *7* months (Feb 24 to Sept 24)
>>>> and the latest number
>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/24/7368877/
>>>> is 56300 dead...at an annualized rate that would be 96500,
>>>> about 6 times the USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times
>>>> the second-worst.
>>>
>>> Latest daily number just released is 58,530 in 218 days...
>>> more than the USA lost in the most generous definition of
>>> the Vietnam War (1955-75).
>>
>> Now over 60,000.
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/10/2/7370012/
>
> 62060 as of day 227.

62500 as of day 228.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/10/9/7370978/

Thousands a week of course reaches an annualized rate in
six figures.

>>>>> By contrast,USA deaths in Vietnam in full calendar years:
>>>>> 1961 16
>>>>> 1962 53
>>>>> 1963 122
>>>>> 1964 216
>>>>> 1965 1928
>>>>> 1966 6350
>>>>> 1967 11363
>>>>> 1968 16899
>>>>> 1969 11780 [Hey,were THEY Trump's missing Georgia voters?]
>>>>> 1970 6173
>>>>> 1971 2414
>>>>> 1972 759
>>>>> 1973 68
>>>>>
>>>>>> https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine
>>>>>> itemizes over a thousand deceased officers
>>>>
>>>> Now 1210.
>
> 1262 as of October 4th,new numbers should be out soon.

1283 as of today.
40 colonels,88 lieutenant colonels,178 majors.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 18, 2022, 11:36:23 PMOct 18
to
65850 as of day 237.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/10/18/7372385/
Shaping up to match the second-worst year of the USA's losses
in Vietnam in just the eighth month.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 24, 2022, 11:58:54 AMOct 24
to
The 8-month number:
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/10/24/7373190/
67,940.
Annualized,slightly over 100,000.


>>>>>>> By contrast,USA deaths in Vietnam in full calendar years:
>>>>>>> 1961 16
>>>>>>> 1962 53
>>>>>>> 1963 122
>>>>>>> 1964 216
>>>>>>> 1965 1928
>>>>>>> 1966 6350
>>>>>>> 1967 11363
>>>>>>> 1968 16899
>>>>>>> 1969 11780 [Hey,were THEY Trump's missing Georgia voters?]
>>>>>>> 1970 6173
>>>>>>> 1971 2414
>>>>>>> 1972 759
>>>>>>> 1973 68
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> https://twitter.com/KilledinUkraine
>>>>>>>> itemizes over a thousand deceased officers
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Now 1210.
>>>
>>> 1262 as of October 4th,new numbers should be out soon.
>>
>> 1283 as of today.
>> 40 colonels,88 lieutenant colonels,178 majors.

1370 as of 10/23.
44 colonels,96 lieutenant colonels,189 majors.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 29, 2022, 1:46:02 PMOct 29
to
Now over 70,000 and it's still October.

Topic Cop

unread,
Oct 29, 2022, 2:57:53 PMOct 29
to

makes me wanna get in on the action

Louis Epstein

unread,
Oct 30, 2022, 1:17:11 PMOct 30
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Louis Epstein <l...@put.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
>>>>>>>>>> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/23/7368711/
>>>>>>>>> It will be 8 months tomorrow...the total passed 56,000 yesterday.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Oops...it's still a matter of *7* months (Feb 24 to Sept 24)
>>>>>>>> and the latest number
>>>>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/24/7368877/
>>>>>>>> is 56300 dead...at an annualized rate that would be 96500,
>>>>>>>> about 6 times the USA's worst year in Vietnam and 8 times
>>>>>>>> the second-worst.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Latest daily number just released is 58,530 in 218 days...
>>>>>>> more than the USA lost in the most generous definition of
>>>>>>> the Vietnam War (1955-75).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Now over 60,000.
>>>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/2/7370012/
>>>>>
>>>>> 62060 as of day 227.
>>>>
>>>> 62500 as of day 228.
>>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/9/7370978/
>>>
>>> 65850 as of day 237.
>>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/18/7372385/
>>> Shaping up to match the second-worst year of the USA's losses
>>> in Vietnam in just the eighth month.
>>
>> The 8-month number:
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/24/7373190/
>> 67,940.
>> Annualized,slightly over 100,000.
>
> Now over 70,000 and it's still October.

[SEVERAL URLS CORRECTED ABOVE]

71,000 was reached the day after 70,000!
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/30/7374129

(The USA's worst death day in Vietnam was only 245,
but the Russians lost in five figures at Borodino in 1812).

8700 in three weeks (day 228 to 249) is 2900 a week,
can this really be sustained?

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 5, 2022, 5:17:51 PMNov 5
to
Louis Epstein <l...@top.put.com> wrote:
> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/6/7366241/
> reports the 50,000 mark has been reached in under 7 months.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/5/7375078/
reports 75,000 has been reached less than 2 months after that.

> https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine
> itemizes over a thousand deceased officers

1402 as of November 1

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 5, 2022, 5:38:50 PMNov 5
to
75,000 six days after 71,000...the untrained draftees are
being fed into a meatgrinder...but will this make their
survivors mad at their own government or at Ukraine?
1402 as of 11/1.
44,98,193.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 7, 2022, 1:09:29 PMNov 7
to
>> 71,000 was reached the day after 70,000!
>> https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/30/7374129
>
> 75,000 six days after 71,000...the untrained draftees are
> being fed into a meatgrinder...but will this make their
> survivors mad at their own government or at Ukraine?

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/7/7375260
76,460 dead as of day 257.

>> (The USA's worst death day in Vietnam was only 245,
>> but the Russians lost in five figures at Borodino in 1812).
>>
>> 8700 in three weeks (day 228 to 249) is 2900 a week,
>> can this really be sustained?

(right now,it's being exceeded).
14,400 in 30 days,or nearly twice the death toll of
the USA's worst single day in Vietnam as the average
for a month.

>>>>>>>>>>> By contrast,USA deaths in Vietnam in full calendar years:
>>>>>>>>>>> 1961 16
>>>>>>>>>>> 1962 53
>>>>>>>>>>> 1963 122
>>>>>>>>>>> 1964 216
>>>>>>>>>>> 1965 1928
>>>>>>>>>>> 1966 6350
>>>>>>>>>>> 1967 11363
>>>>>>>>>>> 1968 16899
>>>>>>>>>>> 1969 11780 [Hey,were THEY Trump's missing Georgia voters?]
>>>>>>>>>>> 1970 6173
>>>>>>>>>>> 1971 2414
>>>>>>>>>>> 1972 759
>>>>>>>>>>> 1973 68
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> https://twitter.com/killedinukraine
>>>>>>>>>>>> itemizes over a thousand deceased officers
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Now 1210.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 1262 as of October 4th,new numbers should be out soon.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 1283 as of today.
>>>>>> 40 colonels,88 lieutenant colonels,178 majors.
>>>>
>>>> 1370 as of 10/23.
>>>> 44 colonels,96 lieutenant colonels,189 majors.
>>>>
>
> 1402 as of 11/1.
> 44,98,193.

1420 as of 11/6 and the seniors seem better protected
(or quicker to flee) now
(a 194th major being the highest-ranked addition).

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 12, 2022, 1:33:17 PMNov 12
to
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/12/7376037/
80,000 has been exceeded as of day 262.

>>> (The USA's worst death day in Vietnam was only 245,
>>> but the Russians lost in five figures at Borodino in 1812).
>>>
>>> 8700 in three weeks (day 228 to 249) is 2900 a week,
>>> can this really be sustained?
>
> (right now,it's being exceeded).
> 14,400 in 30 days,or nearly twice the death toll of
> the USA's worst single day in Vietnam as the average
> for a month.

18,150 in the 35 days from 227 to 262,
that's 3,630 per week.
(This continues,the 195th major being the highest ranked
addition to the 1444 dead as of November 10,while
288 captains(6 new),478 senior lieutenants,and 250 lieutenants
are also counted).

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 14, 2022, 7:46:40 PMNov 14
to
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/14/7376218/
reports 81,000 has been reached 15 days after 71,000.
Annualized rate for the whole nearly-nine-months would
be topping 110,000 but based on the 15 days,over 240,000.
No new totals from them,but their Twitter is showing a LtCol
killed on the 12th.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 16, 2022, 2:42:01 PMNov 16
to
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/16/7376553/
82,710 as of day 266.
New totals as of November 15 leave the Colonels unscathed
but now 1457 total with 102 lieutenant colonels (4 new) and 197 majors.
They are newly listing a lieutenant colonel killed on the 14th who
was probably not included in that total.

Louis Epstein

unread,
Nov 24, 2022, 3:27:41 PM (7 days ago) Nov 24
to
The 9-month number is 85,720:
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/11/24/7377758/
(day 274...daily rate as ebbed recently).
Annualized rate would be 114,000.
November 20 number 1,486 with
45 Colonels,105 LtCols,291 Majors.

Louis Epstein

unread,
5:26 AM (1 hour ago) 5:26 AM
to
90,000 has been passed as of day 282:
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/12/2/7378920/
So 20 days for the most recent 10,000.
December 1 number 1,524
46,107,and I think I got the Major number screwed up before.
(207 now,there had not been 94 in 5 days then).
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages