Obits in the British press - 27 Oct 2001

Edwin King

Oct 27, 2001, 6:36:17 PM10/27/01
This is cross posted to alt.obituaries and uk.people.dead

Sat 27 Oct 2001

DAILY TELEGRAPH http://www.dailytelegraph.com/

Abdul Haq (Afghani resistance fighter) killed in action, aged 44

John Platts-Mills (barrister & politican) 26 Oct aged 95

GUARDIAN http://www.newsunlimited.co.uk/obituaries/

John Platts-Mills (see above)

INDEPENDENT http://news.independent.co.uk/people.obituaries

Prof Sir John Plumb (historian) 21 Oct in Cambridge, aged 90

SCOTSMAN http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/obituaries.cfm

Missed the Scotsman that day...

TIMES http://www.thetimes.co.uk/newspaper/

Richard Seifert (architect) 26 Oct aged 90

Kevin Taylor (dodgy businessman) 25 Oct following heart surgery, aged 69

Iain Stuart

Oct 28, 2001, 10:11:16 AM10/28/01
Amongst the Spam I noticed Edwin King typed

>This is cross posted to alt.obituaries and uk.people.dead
>
>Sat 27 Oct 2001

I know this is off topic, but Edwin...Thank You !

Amidst the piles of off-topic trash, I'm always grateful to see a
summary of the YooKay media's obituaries.
No Waffle, No Spam, No Baseball...just plain and simple information.

At least one person here appreciates your efforts.
Big-Iain

Edwin King

Oct 30, 2001, 6:14:51 AM10/30/01
Iain Stuart wrote:

> I know this is off topic, but Edwin...Thank You !
>
> Amidst the piles of off-topic trash, I'm always grateful to see a
> summary of the YooKay media's obituaries.
> No Waffle, No Spam, No Baseball...just plain and simple information.

I don't know about no baseball - the press do tend to include the most
extraordinary people!

You know perfectly well that I'm not adverse to doing a little
off-topicing myself, so I won't be too smug. However, thank you.

DGH is doing his usual good business with the NY Times and we seem to
have got the AP summary back, so don't despair too much. I know what
you mean though - American obits are so insipid (and parochial) compared
to ours ;-)

> At least one person here appreciates your efforts.

Well dharling, as you contribute so much to my enjoyment in a manner
that I'm not allowed to mention on uk.people.dead, I'll take that as a
complement. By the way, I've just named a cat "Whittaker".

Edwin

~robin~

Nov 3, 2001, 6:55:36 PM11/3/01
Make that two!! Thanks Edwin!