Actress Ruth Cohen, 78 - Appeared in almost every episode of 'Seinfeld'

Bob Feigel

Aug 27, 2008, 1:25:42 AM8/27/08
Actress Ruth Cohen dies at 78

Appeared in almost every episode of 'Seinfeld'

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Ruth Cohen, who appeared more episodes of "Seinfeld" than anyone
except the main stars, died Aug. 23 of a heart attack in Panaorma
City, Calif. She was 78.

Her character on "Seinfeld," the cashier at the Monk's Café, was known
by her real name, Ruthie Cohen, and appeared in nearly every episode
of the long-running series.

Born in the Bronx, Cohen began acting in the 1980s after raising two
children, starting as an extra for shows including "Murder She Wrote"
and "Golden Girls."

A memorial service will be held Thursday, Aug. 28 at 11:00 a.m. at
Mount Sinai Hollywood Hills.

She is survived by a son, a daughter and two grandchildren.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117991179.html

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

MWB

Aug 27, 2008, 1:58:46 AM8/27/08
Sadly after watching every episode of Seinfeld at least 10 times, I can't
put a face to her name.

There is something wrong with that.

GO LITTLE JERRY

Mark

Bob Feigel

Aug 27, 2008, 2:11:32 AM8/27/08
[Default] On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:58:46 -0400, "MWB"
<bic...@gmail.com> magnanimously proffered:

>Sadly after watching every episode of Seinfeld at least 10 times, I can't
>put a face to her name.
>
>There is something wrong with that.

The only images I can find of her:

http://www.siyumhaseinfeld.com/chars/recur/ruthie.html

MWB

Aug 27, 2008, 3:02:21 AM8/27/08

"Bob Feigel" <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote in message

I remember her.

She was the lady that George thought gave her the wrong change for a $20.00
bill.

She was honking her horn when George's car caught on fire. The "Jon Voight"
car.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

GO RED SOX

Mark

Tom Nawrocki

Aug 27, 2008, 11:22:51 AM8/27/08
On Aug 27, 1:02 am, "MWB" <bick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Bob Feigel" <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote in message

> > [Default] On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:58:46 -0400, "MWB"
> > <bick...@gmail.com> magnanimously proffered:

> >>Sadly after watching every episode of Seinfeld at least 10 times, I can't
> >>put a face to her name.
>

> I remember her.
>
> She was the lady that George thought gave her the wrong change for a $20.00
> bill.
>
> She was honking her horn when George's car caught on fire. The "Jon Voight"
> car.

Oddly enough, that was the episode of "Seinfeld" on last night here in
Denver. At one point, Jerry actually referred to her as "Ruthie
Cohen." George responded, "You know her name?"

Tom Nawrocki

David Carson

Aug 27, 2008, 11:36:31 AM8/27/08
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:25:42 +1200, Bob Feigel
<b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:

>Actress Ruth Cohen dies at 78
>
>Appeared in almost every episode of 'Seinfeld'
>
>By ASSOCIATED PRESS
>
>Ruth Cohen, who appeared more episodes of "Seinfeld" than anyone
>except the main stars, died Aug. 23 of a heart attack in Panaorma
>City, Calif. She was 78.
>
>Her character on "Seinfeld," the cashier at the Monk's Café, was known
>by her real name, Ruthie Cohen, and appeared in nearly every episode
>of the long-running series.

False. She did not appear at all in the first three seasons. She was
in many, but by no means all, of the last four seasons' episodes.

David Carson
--
Why do you seek the living among the dead? -- Luke 24:5
Who's Alive and Who's Dead

MWB

Aug 27, 2008, 11:55:07 AM8/27/08

"Tom Nawrocki" <TJNaw...@aol.com> wrote in message

That's ODD.

GO RED SOX

Mark

Rob Cibik

Aug 27, 2008, 1:56:17 PM8/27/08
On Aug 27, 11:22 am, Tom Nawrocki <TJNawro...@aol.com> wrote:

> > She was the lady that George thought gave her the wrong change for a $20.00
> > bill.
>
> > She was honking her horn when George's car caught on fire. The "Jon Voight"
> > car.
>
> Oddly enough, that was the episode of "Seinfeld" on last night here in
> Denver. At one point, Jerry actually referred to her as "Ruthie
> Cohen." George responded, "You know her name?"
>
> Tom Nawrocki

same here in southeast pennsylvania...came on after THE speech in
denver.

Message has been deleted

Rob Cibik

Aug 27, 2008, 11:49:13 PM8/27/08
On Aug 27, 10:41 pm, Terry del Fuego <t_del_fu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:56:17 -0700 (PDT), Rob Cibik
>
> <lcp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >same here in southeast pennsylvania.
>
> Syndicated shows are often (always?) sent out by satellite these days,
> so the stations showing the reruns are getting the same shows all the
> other stations were sent.  They're generally not playing tapes/films
> from their own libraries on their own schedule any more.

i know, though some stations are off schedule for one reason or
another.

when i used to watch wild feeds on my c-band satellite dish it was fun
to get a week's worth of syndication in a day or preview an upcoming
commercial-free episode of '24' or 'nypd blue' a day or two before
broadcast. then it became more difficult (or i got lazier) to find the
published schedules of the feeds and after about 5-6 years i settled
back into cable or the small dish (whoever is offering the best deal
when it is time to renew).

anybody know somebody that wants a working 10' dish?

MWB

Aug 27, 2008, 11:59:41 PM8/27/08

"Rob Cibik" <lcp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

What's that thing weigh and what's it made of.

You may want to take it to a junk dealer.

GO RED SOX

Mark

Message has been deleted