Pat Cooper, 93, old-school comic

radioacti...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2023, 3:20:25 PM6/7/23
Cooper made it to 93, but died yesterday in Las Vegas.

I know Cooper had legions of fans--particularly among the stand-up communities on both coasts--and many people consider him to have been a comedic genius of sorts.

But I always sensed--perhaps unfairly--an underlying anger and mean-spiritedness in his schtick. That's because he leaned way more toward barbed gags than pure wit.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Cooper

MJ Emigh

Jun 8, 2023, 11:19:32 AM6/8/23
On Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 2:20:25 PM UTC-5, radioacti...@gmail.com wrote:
> But I always sensed--perhaps unfairly--an underlying anger and mean-spiritedness in his schtick.

I don't think it was unfair on your part. I've heard interviews where he got so angry you would think he was going to spontaneously combust.

MJ