OT: Pfizer commercial

Lenona

Feb 13, 2024, 4:42:24 PMFeb 13
I don't know whether the 60-second or 90-second version was used during the Superbowl, but here's the longer version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkm2gxMRzU

I swear, it takes your breath away. Maybe even more than that.

(I really don't get what's supposed to be so good about one or two of the OTHER ones...)

radioacti...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2024, 7:06:05 PMFeb 13
Well, compared with the usual vulgarity TV commercials so often thrust upon viewers, I found this--a modern example of what in the '70s was often called "institutional advertising"--rather refreshing...at least once I finally figured out what all these personages (or other entities) were singing about.

And the sciences HAVE certainly done exponentially more to counter the scourge of cancer than have, say, druids, shamans, witch doctors, exorcists, astrologers, et al.

So thanks for posting this, Lenona. And from my insignificant quarter, I say hear it for an extended celebration of the so-called scientific method--the decided but somewhat subtle subtext of this elaborate ad.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

J.D. Baldwin

Feb 15, 2024, 9:48:47 AMFeb 15

In the previous article, Lenona <leno...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkm2gxMRzU
>
> I swear, it takes your breath away. Maybe even more than that.

Maybe "takes your breath away" isn't the best phrasing if your intent
is to praise that company and its products.
\ / bal...@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

J.D. Baldwin

Feb 15, 2024, 9:55:38 AMFeb 15

In the previous article, radioacti...@gmail.com
<radioacti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And the sciences HAVE certainly done exponentially more to counter the
> scourge of cancer than have, say, druids, shamans, witch doctors,
> exorcists, astrologers, et al.

Well, if we're going to count the development and practice of medicine
as a "science," sure, credit the advances in vaccinations, cancer
treatments, surgical procedures, yeah, there's some pretty great stuff.

... but don't forget to sum up the "debit" column: lobotomes,
Thalidomide, millions dead and tens of millions crippled due to
medical malpractice, mutilating surgeries on children in the name of
"trans" ideology, HIV-tainted blood and blood products, absurd dietary
advice, COVID misinformation, Tuskegee, Unit 731 ...

radioacti...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2024, 10:15:25 AMFeb 15
Your "debit" column is, J.D., to be always remembered, for sure; my own list would be merely identical.

I posting was merely offering peanut-gallery applause for the general thrust of the Age of Scientific Method, roughly The Enlightenment on up to today...mostly because pseudoscience seems to be making something of a comeback nowadays (thanks in part to the late Art Bell, among many others, of course).

[Glad to say that silliness known as "remote viewing" which Bell pitched recurrently for years on "Hoax to Hoax with Art Bell" seems to have run its preposterous course, though.]

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

Kenny McCormack

Feb 15, 2024, 1:49:17 PMFeb 15
In article <uql8l7$54v$2...@reader1.panix.com>,
J.D. Baldwin <ne...@baldwin.users.panix.com> wrote:
>... but don't forget to sum up the "debit" column: lobotomes,
>Thalidomide, millions dead and tens of millions crippled due to
>medical malpractice, mutilating surgeries on children in the name of
>"trans" ideology, HIV-tainted blood and blood products, absurd dietary
>advice, COVID misinformation, Tuskegee, Unit 731 ...

I see what you did there.

--
'Islamaphobia' is a term created by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons.

- Author unknown, quoted by Sam Harris -