Sean Adams, 35, my wife's brother, Don Adams's only son

Jim Beaver

Jun 28, 2006, 8:33:51 PM6/28/06
My brother-in-law died this morning.

Here's what I wrote to friends and family:

My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.

He was sleeping peacefully, surrounded by many of those who loved him, and
quietly slipped away.

Sean Adams was 35.

Those of you who followed my nightly missives for so long will recall that a
couple of months after we learned of Cecily's fatal illness, in the fall of
2003, her brother began having seizures and eventually was diagnosed with a
brain tumor. He underwent a number of difficult procedures over the next
two and a half years, including surgery and radiation. He lost his hair,
his equilibrium, his speech, his mobility, and finally, this morning, his
life, but he never lost his spirit or his determination or his great good
humor. In light of what he had witnessed with his sister Cecily, I know it
must have been doubly difficult for him to find encouragement anywhere in
the process. Yet I never once saw him without a wry smile on his face, even
when a smile was the upward limit of his ability to communicate.

Through it all, by his side was Anna, the lovely, sweet girl he had only
recently begun dating when his illness struck. She and Sean married last
fall. Much younger than Sean, with little in the way of resources to deal
with a catastrophically ill boyfriend, she cared for him, and bore burdens
that I cannot imagine. Despite his good humor and good nature, there were
times when the cancer's effect on Sean's brain caused temporary changes in
his personality, and during those occasional instances, he was a most
difficult patient. Anna coped with these and with all the fears and turmoil
and sorrow with a grace that cannot go unremarked. I'm afraid these past
two years have cost her much, yet I cannot imagine she has not become
stronger and finer. My admiration and love for her is beyond description.

My heart breaks, too, for Stacey, Sean's sister, who has now lost a sister,
a father, and a brother in 27 months. Not that there aren't other siblings
in the family who share this loss, but Stacey and Sean grew up together in
the a different household from all the others, and she was with him
consistently throughout his illness.

When I first met Sean, he was a teenager. He seemed troubled, aimless, yet
always exhibiting to me a sweetness and a perhaps over-self-deprecating
sense of humor. He came to live with Cecily and me for a while, and I so
enjoyed his presence in our lives -- even when he set the coffee pot on
fire. After he left us, I saw a shift in him that I can't quite describe or
attribute to anything in particular. But as he progressed through his
twenties, he seemed more determined and more focused. He attended culinary
school and became a notable and highly respected chef. He created menus for
and worked in some of the finest restaurants in Southern California, and I
can say absolutely that having Thanksgiving dinner prepared in one's own
kitchen by a master chef is the only way to have Thanksgiving dinner. A few
weeks ago, several of Sean's friends, chefs from various top-flight
restaurants, hosted a party celebrating the till-then secret wedding of Sean
and Anna. Besides the magnificent multi-course meal, there was clear
evidence that Sean was beloved of his colleagues. It was sad in so many
ways, because the end of the road was clearly in sight, but at the same
moment, it was such a splendid and remarkable affirmation of the wonderful,
decent, humane, and talented man Sean had become.

For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,
please hum along.

Jim Beaver

deb...@comcast.net

Jun 28, 2006, 8:37:23 PM6/28/06
So sorry to hear this, Jim. This has certainly been a sad time for you.

Aje RavenStar

Jun 28, 2006, 8:45:33 PM6/28/06

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:
>
> My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.
>
> For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
> comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
> sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,
> please hum along.
>
> Jim Beaver

Will do, Jim. Our best thoughts will be with you and the rest of the
family. Holler at need.

aka Bob

Jun 28, 2006, 8:58:19 PM6/28/06
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:33:51 GMT, "Jim Beaver"
<jumb...@prodigy.spam> magnanimously proffered:

>For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
>comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
>sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,
>please hum along.

Having done that, I can only wish all of you peace. b

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Message has been deleted

Paul Sauberer

Jun 28, 2006, 9:01:20 PM6/28/06
Prayers are going out for Sean and the family.

Paul Sauberer

MGW

Jun 28, 2006, 9:15:24 PM6/28/06
"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message
> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>

> For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
> comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
> sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,
> please hum along.

What a rough few years you've had! You and they will all be in my
thoughts and hums.

--
MGW (Note: my Hotmail address is seldom checked)
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even

MWB

Jun 28, 2006, 9:18:31 PM6/28/06
My condolences Jim.

Far to young.

Mark

King Daevid MacKenzie

Jun 28, 2006, 9:25:35 PM6/28/06
Jim, I may be at a loss for words, but hardly a loss for sympathy. You
and Anna have every last bit of mine.

--
King Daevid MacKenzie, WLSU-FM 88.9 La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
heard Sundays 8:00 A.M. PST/PDT over KRFP-LP 92.5 Moscow, Idaho and at

Barbara Sherrill

Jun 28, 2006, 9:30:54 PM6/28/06
My prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

Barbara

Ron

Jun 28, 2006, 9:49:37 PM6/28/06
"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message
> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:

What a wonderfully-written tribute, Jim. You make me feel like I knew
Sean personally. So many sad, difficult and nasty hits for the Adams
family recently. People like you and Anna are the angels that came
into the family at a time when you were going to be needed very much.
I think you both wear gossamer wings!

God be with you all .. here and there.

PirateJohn

Jun 28, 2006, 10:27:27 PM6/28/06

May Cecily, Don, and Sean all rest in peace Jim.

And may you find (or continue to find) peace and happiness in these
tough times. You seem to have managed to keep your head well above all
of the juvenile bs that one finds in this and other newsgoups, and you
are to be congradulated.

May the rest of your life on this planet be productive, prosperous,
happy, and long. And when the time comes I sincerely hope that there
is a glorious reunion amongst y'all.

Peace.

--PirateJohn--

La N

Jun 28, 2006, 10:33:22 PM6/28/06
My condolences to you, Jim, and to the family Adams who have had to bear so
much grief over the past few years.

- nilita

Cher

Jun 28, 2006, 11:02:51 PM6/28/06

So sorry to hear about this Jim. May your family have nothing but
happiness from here on and may Sean rest in peace.

kaj

Jun 28, 2006, 11:55:01 PM6/28/06
Jim Beaver wrote:
> My brother-in-law died this morning.

Jim, I'm very sorry to hear this. Sending healing thoughts to you and
to the Adams clan.

K.

Jules W.

Jun 29, 2006, 12:58:31 AM6/29/06

kaj wrote:
> Jim Beaver wrote:
> > My brother-in-law died this morning.

My deepest condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Jules W.

Kathy

Jun 29, 2006, 2:03:49 AM6/29/06

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:
>
> My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Jim. If there is a bright side in all
of this, I think it is that you have known the love of some very special
people in your life, people whose very essence has touched and filled what
would have been an empty spot in your heart and something that incredible
never dies. I will be praying.

Kathy Wajerski

att...@aol.com

Jun 29, 2006, 4:28:13 AM6/29/06

> For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
> comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
> sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige.

So sorry Jim for your continued family tragedies. Your family remains
in our prayers.

Kathi

Jun 29, 2006, 5:11:28 AM6/29/06
Jim,
I'm sure by now many other people have said much more eloquent things
than what I am able to do now, but please accept my heartfelt sympathy
to you, your extended family Adams, and all who knew Sean. You are in
my prayers.

Kathi

Michael O'Connor

Jun 29, 2006, 7:12:18 AM6/29/06
Jim, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this
difficult time.

Chef Juke

Jun 29, 2006, 9:16:34 AM6/29/06
<jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote:

>My brother-in-law died this morning.

<snip>

>For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
>comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
>sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,
>please hum along.
>
>Jim Beaver

Jim,

My condolences to you and yours.

My prayers and hums go out to Sean's family and friends.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

twpjr

Jun 29, 2006, 4:09:33 PM6/29/06
Jim:

My deepest condolences to you and your family. We will keep them and Sean
in our prayers

Tom

Corby Gilmore

Jun 29, 2006, 5:10:38 PM6/29/06
"Jim Beaver" (jumb...@prodigy.spam) writes:
> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:
>
> My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.
>
> He was sleeping peacefully, surrounded by many of those who loved him, and
> quietly slipped away.
>
> Sean Adams was 35.

Jim,

Deepest condolences to you, Anna and the family over the passing of Sean
Adams. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I may throw in a little
humming here and there as well!

Stacia

Jun 29, 2006, 6:38:44 PM6/29/06
I'm so sorry to hear about Sean. You have my condolences.

Stacia

Loki

Jun 29, 2006, 6:48:19 PM6/29/06
This has been a year for you that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy
Jim.

If it can provide you with any comfort to know that you will be in my
thoughts and prayers, know that it will be the case.

Loki

To support our men and women overseas
who may not be getting packages from home,
you can get some ideas as to how to do so at:
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

It is a non profit, volunteer run organization.

I encourage everyone to check it out,
respond from the heart, and pass it
along to anyone you think may want
to remember our overseas military personnel,
throughout the year.

agrg...@portup.com

Jun 29, 2006, 7:24:57 PM6/29/06
Sincere condolences & prayers to you and your family.

God bless you. AJG

cruciverbalist

Jun 29, 2006, 8:07:48 PM6/29/06
"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote:

>For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
>comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
>sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,
>please hum along.
>
>Jim Beaver

Jim,

Please accept my sympathies.

And I have to add that your last paragraph- and especially your last
line- confirmed to me that you are one of the cleverest and most
articulate posters I have ever had the pleasure to read on Usenet.
Peace.

Jack

Louis Epstein

Jun 29, 2006, 10:04:03 PM6/29/06
Corby Gilmore <ai...@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote:

Perhaps a funeral oration by one of the Brotherhood-mmm of-mmm Men-mmm
Who-mmm Say-mmm "mmm"-mmm Between-mmm Words-mmm from the old "Fridays"
show would cover the bases?

-=-=-

tr...@iwvisp.com

Jun 30, 2006, 1:56:09 AM6/30/06

Jesus Jim, just when I think it's safe to take you off my prayer
list...

Hopefully the dark cloud will finally be lifted from your family.

Ray

Denise Perry

Jul 13, 2006, 8:34:51 PM7/13/06
Jim -- My sympathy and prayers to you and your family

Denise Perry

---
This is where it's at!

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/main/listen.htm

seanyor...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2012, 9:49:14 PM11/13/12
I remember Sean as my roommate years ago at Saint Thomas More in Oakdale Ct he was rich with humor and was a great guy. My condolence to the family. Sincerly, Sean Callahan

peterpuck86

Nov 14, 2012, 12:13:34 AM11/14/12
On Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:33:51 PM UTC-4, Jim Beaver wrote:
> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:
>
> My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.
>
> He was sleeping peacefully, surrounded by many of those who loved him, and
> quietly slipped away.
>
> Sean Adams was 35.

Sorry to hear the bad news Jim. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

MWB

Nov 14, 2012, 2:10:43 AM11/14/12
My condolences Jim.

Way too young.

Mark

Kathi

Nov 14, 2012, 5:20:16 AM11/14/12

>On Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:33:51 PM UTC-4, Jim Beaver wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think this posting may have been dredged from the archives due to a
recent search by another poster?

Still too young, though.

Nov 14, 2012, 1:27:38 PM11/14/12
So sorry for ur and ur family's heartbreak.
No words....

240...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2014, 3:19:57 PM1/21/14
On Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:33:51 AM UTC+1, Jim Beaver wrote:
> [...]
> can say absolutely that having Thanksgiving dinner prepared in one's own
> kitchen by a master chef is the only way to have Thanksgiving dinner. A few
> weeks ago, several of Sean's friends, chefs from various top-flight
> restaurants, hosted a party celebrating the till-then secret wedding of Sean
> and Anna. Besides the magnificent multi-course meal, there was clear
> evidence that Sean was beloved of his colleagues. It was sad in so many
> ways, because the end of the road was clearly in sight, but at the same
> moment, it was such a splendid and remarkable affirmation of the wonderful,
> decent, humane, and talented man Sean had become.
>
> For those of you who pray, I ask your prayers for Sean's soul, and for the
> comfort of his wife Anna, his mother Dorothy, and his sister Stacey and
> sisters Carolyn, Chris, Cathy, and Beige. Those of you who don't pray,

Jim, I have recently discovered links to the family via my Grandfather who with his first wife were Consuela's parents, Consuela was Don's mother. My Father (George Deiter) was Consuela's half Brother, I would love to find out anything at all about the family tree so that i could maybe tie it all together. I see that this is quite an old post so hope that there is some way you will be able to read this message.
Dave
Bristol (Old) England
UK

Sarah Ehrett

Jan 21, 2014, 4:19:48 PM1/21/14
On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:19:57 -0800 (PST), 240...@gmail.com wrote:

Dave,

I don't know how frequently Jim reads this newsgroup any more but I
suggest you send an email to Jim using the email address on his post since
it was in 2006. Here it is for you. jumb...@prodigy.net

Perhaps if anyone here on AO has a more updated email address they will let
you know.

Cheers, Sarah

Loki

Jan 21, 2014, 4:28:49 PM1/21/14
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest

Jan 21, 2014, 4:41:26 PM1/21/14
On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:19:57 PM UTC-8, 240...@gmail.com wrote:

> Jim, I have recently discovered links to the family via my Grandfather who with his first wife were Consuela's parents, Consuela was Don's mother. My Father (George Deiter) was Consuela's half Brother, I would love to find out anything at all about the family tree so that i could maybe tie it all together. I see that this is quite an old post so hope that there is some way you will be able to read this message.
>
> Dave
>
> Bristol (Old) England
>
> UK

How come all these long lost trolls always have a Gmail account?

Louis Epstein

Jan 21, 2014, 5:35:35 PM1/21/14
Since they're probably reading from Google's archive,they unsuprisingly
have Google's email system...

R H Draney

Jan 21, 2014, 7:00:53 PM1/21/14
Sarah Ehrett's Lesbian Love Interest filted:

>How come all these long lost trolls always have a Gmail account?

How come water is so often wet?...r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Jan 22, 2014, 2:26:34 AM1/22/14
So sorry for your devastating loss

chefhe...@gmail.com

May 17, 2016, 9:36:29 PM5/17/16
Oh God! I was a classmate of his at the CIA and have been trying for years to get in touch. I am beyond heartbroken. I know that I'm 10 years too late, buy my deepest condolences to you and your family. We all loved Sean so much.

M. Hennessey

jcfpa...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2016, 7:31:05 PM6/6/16
On Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 5:33:51 PM UTC-7, Jim Beaver wrote:
> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:
>
> My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.
>
> He was sleeping peacefully, surrounded by many of those who loved him, and
> quietly slipped away.
>
> Sean Adams was 35.

On Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 5:33:51 PM UTC-7, Jim Beaver wrote:
> My brother-in-law died this morning.
>
> Here's what I wrote to friends and family:
>
> My wife Cecily's little brother Sean died this morning.
>
> He was sleeping peacefully, surrounded by many of those who loved him, and
> quietly slipped away.
>
> Sean Adams was 35.

Jim, I am so sorry to read this news, I worked with Sean at Ritz MDR, I have such fond memories of working in the kitchen with him. I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Topic Cop

Jun 7, 2016, 1:07:35 AM6/7/16
Thank you

Sarah Ehrett

Jun 7, 2016, 2:49:59 PM6/7/16
Thank you? YOU under the nym "Topic Cop" are Jim Beaver????

I find that hard to believe.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 7, 2016, 7:53:08 PM6/7/16
Obviously it's the same troll putting on a second sockpuppet. C'mon;
who offers condolenses 10 years later?

MJ Emigh

Jun 7, 2016, 8:59:26 PM6/7/16
You're probably right, but it does happen at times. Several months ago, I found out about the passing of an old girlfriend......on the tenth anniversary of her death. I did send a note to her daughter.