TLC's Lisa Lopes Getting An Autopsy

William J. Meyerbeck

Apr 28, 2002, 4:24:19 PM4/28/02
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/28/obit.lopes.reut/index.html
April 28, 2002 Posted: 3:48 PM EDT (1948 GMT)

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (Reuters) -- The body of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, the
member of the chart-topping American R&B trio TLC killed last week in a
Honduras car crash, will be sent to the United States after an autopsy, the
U.S. Embassy said Sunday.

"The autopsy needs to be completed, so it will be Tuesday or Wednesday when
the remains of Lisa Lopes leave for the United States," embassy spokesman
Gregory Adams told Reuters. Her body was expected to be sent to Atlanta,
Georgia.

Lopes died in a hospital from fractures and internal injuries suffered when
the sport utility vehicle she was driving with eight passengers flipped off
a road in northern Honduras, police said.

The passengers, all U.S. citizens, were injured, some seriously, and
remained hospitalized.

Investigators say the crash Thursday was caused by speeding.

Local newspaper La Tribuna said the accident occurred when Lopes was
returning from a health center that treats chronic illnesses with natural
methods.

Lopes, who provided the raps for TLC, made headlines in 1994 when she was
arrested for burning down the house of then-boyfriend Andre Rison, a former
Atlanta Falcons football player. She was sentenced to five years of
probation, and then entered rehab for a drinking problem.

Atlanta-based TLC burst onto the music scene 10 years ago with its debut
album, "Oooooooh...On the TLC Tip." Its 1994 follow-up, "CrazySexyCool,"
brought the group mainstream success, with help from the multimillion-dollar
video for the ballad "Waterfalls." The album won TLC Grammys for best R&B
album and R&B performance ("Creep").

The group's 1999 album "FanMail" topped the U.S. pop charts and sold more
than 8 million copies.

Terrymelin

Apr 28, 2002, 5:02:50 PM4/28/02
Will they be autopsying both eyes or just the left one?

Terry Ellsworth

Akeem Lamont Jackson

Apr 28, 2002, 6:18:09 PM4/28/02
Never heard of her.

Lady Taker

Apr 28, 2002, 6:27:38 PM4/28/02
>From: Akeem Lamont Jackson some...@somewhere.com

>Never heard of her.

Then I don't see how she can possibly be dead.

She'll be so relieved.

Volfie
"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
-- Oscar Wilde

Bob Flaminio

Apr 28, 2002, 6:42:28 PM4/28/02
"Akeem Lamont Jackson" <some...@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Never heard of her.

It's OK. She never heard of you, either.

-Bob

The Avocado Avenger

Apr 28, 2002, 7:24:01 PM4/28/02
"William J. Meyerbeck" <meye...@nospam4me.softhome.net> writes:

>Lopes died in a hospital from fractures and internal injuries suffered when
>the sport utility vehicle she was driving with eight passengers flipped off
>a road in northern Honduras, police said.

>The passengers, all U.S. citizens, were injured, some seriously, and
>remained hospitalized.

Sheesh, the facts are different in every article I read. She died
instantly, died at the scene, died en route and now died in the hospital.
There were 7 passengers, there were 8, there were 9. All passengers were
uninjured, treated at the scene, treated and released, or are all still
hospitalized.
I'm just so glad we know what's going on.

Stacia * The Avocado Avenger * Life is a tale told by an idiot;
http://www.flinthills.com/~stacia * Full of sound and fury,
There is no guacamole anywhere. * Signifying nothing.

Stevie

Apr 28, 2002, 8:12:32 PM4/28/02
> Sheesh, the facts are different in every article I read. She died
> instantly, died at the scene, died en route and now died in the
> hospital. There were 7 passengers, there were 8, there were 9. All
> passengers were uninjured, treated at the scene, treated and
> released, or are all still hospitalized.
> I'm just so glad we know what's going on.

Also, still yet to come:
What illness did she have that required her to go to Honduras to have
treated?
--
Steve
(Reply address has been changed to protect the innocent)

Lady Taker

Apr 28, 2002, 8:30:43 PM4/28/02
>Also, still yet to come:
>What illness did she have that required her to go to Honduras to have
>treated?
>--
>Steve

Her "illness" was a quest to find someone who could give her spiritual renewal.
Did she get what she asked for or what?

Apr 29, 2002, 12:37:51 AM4/29/02
Yahoo had two versions next to each other, one stating 4 passengers, the
other 8. Why so much variation in the detail? And why an autopsy? I wouldn't
think they'd need to do one after a traffic accident that had 4, 7, 8, 9
witnesses.

"The Avocado Avenger" <sta...@world.std.com> wrote in message

RChamp7927

Apr 29, 2002, 1:54:23 AM4/29/02
C writes:

>And why an autopsy? I wouldn't
>think they'd need to do one after a traffic accident that had 4, 7, 8, 9
>witnesses.

Yes, I find this strange, too. Maybe it's Honduran law. Or something very
suspicious might have turned up.

Bob Champ

Marsan/McKinney

Apr 29, 2002, 2:16:34 AM4/29/02

"William J. Meyerbeck" <meye...@nospam4me.softhome.net> wrote in message

Evan Hulka

Apr 29, 2002, 4:11:29 AM4/29/02
"William J. Meyerbeck" <meye...@nospam4me.softhome.net> wrote in message news:<aahlpp$tkc$0...@pita.alt.net>...
> http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/28/obit.lopes.reut/index.html
> April 28, 2002 Posted: 3:48 PM EDT (1948 GMT)
>
> TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (Reuters) -- The body of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, the
> member of the chart-topping American R&B trio TLC killed last week in a
> Honduras car crash, will be sent to the United States after an autopsy, the
> U.S. Embassy said Sunday.

for those of y'all who are so ghoulishly inclined, a postmortem
picture of "Left Eye" is available here:
http://www.tiempo.hn/EDICANTE/2002/abril/abril27/frmain02.htm

Hulka

Brian Watson

Apr 29, 2002, 4:28:54 AM4/29/02

"Terrymelin" <terry...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Will they be autopsying both eyes or just the left one?

P'raps there's only one left?

--
Brian
"Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."

Chris

Apr 29, 2002, 9:47:36 AM4/29/02
> Also, still yet to come:
> What illness did she have that required her to go to Honduras to have
> treated?

She suffered from Sickle Cell Anemia.

siena

Apr 29, 2002, 9:57:17 AM4/29/02

"Chris" <kpar...@nova.org> wrote in message news:3CCD4E...@nova.org...

No that is T-Bonz (Rolanda I think is her real name)

Chris

Apr 29, 2002, 10:28:55 AM4/29/02
>>>Also, still yet to come:
>>>What illness did she have that required her to go to Honduras to have
>>>treated?
>>>
>>She suffered from Sickle Cell Anemia.
>>

> No that is T-Bonz (Rolanda I think is her real name)

Oops, my mistake...

Tregembo

Apr 29, 2002, 11:05:19 AM4/29/02

RChamp7927 <rcham...@aol.com> wrote in message

I'm sorry, but a mandatory Honduran autopsy on an American celebrity. How
long will it take for those photos to appear in the National Enquirer...or
Hustler?

Ray Arthur

mslinda

Apr 29, 2002, 1:39:59 PM4/29/02

You're both mistaken. Rozonda is "Chilli" and Tionne is "T-Boz."

Linda C.

mikes wife

Apr 29, 2002, 3:15:42 PM4/29/02

Wanderer

Apr 29, 2002, 6:45:26 PM4/29/02
With a name like this, you never heard of her? They sold more records
than the Supremes!!!
Oh well, consider it an anonymopsy.

Akeem Lamont Jackson wrote:

> Never heard of her.

Wanderer

Apr 29, 2002, 6:50:29 PM4/29/02

Lady Taker wrote:

> >Also, still yet to come:
> >What illness did she have that required her to go to Honduras to have
> >treated?
> >--
> >Steve
>
> Her "illness" was a quest to find someone who could give her spiritual renewal.
> Did she get what she asked for or what?

Had to be drug addiction.
The toxicological report will come back finding enormous amounts of alcohol,
cocaine, xanax and all that other shit that young clueless dimbulb undeserving pop
stars like to "recreationally" use.

Wanderer

Apr 29, 2002, 6:52:48 PM4/29/02

Marsan/McKinney wrote:

> > Lopes, who provided the raps for TLC, made headlines in 1994 when she was
> > arrested for burning down the house of then-boyfriend Andre Rison, a
> former
> > Atlanta Falcons football player. She was sentenced to five years of
> > probation, and then entered rehab for a drinking problem.

Another accident waiting to happen. In a few weeks, we will all forget about
her.

Cindy

Apr 30, 2002, 6:28:06 PM4/30/02

"RChamp7927" <rcham...@aol.com> wrote in message
Are you kidding? In THIS country there would be an autopsy. To rule out
alcohol or drug use if nothing else.

Cindy

Cindy

Apr 30, 2002, 6:28:11 PM4/30/02

"The Avocado Avenger" <sta...@world.std.com> wrote in message

Does anybody have any idea who was in the car with her? 9 people in an SUV?
Man, even if it was a Navigator, there should only have been 8 at the most.

Cindy

Matthew Hubbard

Apr 30, 2002, 9:37:53 PM4/30/02

It was the next size up from the Ford Expedition, known as
Ford Annexation.

MattH

Tregembo

Apr 30, 2002, 11:04:45 PM4/30/02

Matthew Hubbard <mhub...@csuhayward.edu> wrote in message

That's VERY funny.

Ray Arthur

PirateJohn

Apr 30, 2002, 11:32:19 PM4/30/02
>> Does anybody have any idea who was in the car with her? 9 people in an
>> SUV? Man, even if it was a Navigator, there should only have been 8 at
>> the most.
>
> It was the next size up from the Ford Expedition, known as
>Ford Annexation.
>
>MattH

Funny, but, alas ... inaccurate. The wreckage had a Mitsuibishi tag on it.

Pirat...@aol.com
Keeper of the Humour List at http://members.aol.com/PirateJohn/pirate1.html

"Mother, mother ocean... I have heard your call" - Jimmy Buffett, A Pirate
Looks At Forty.

EMC-SCD

May 12, 2002, 6:38:47 AM5/12/02
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:05:19 -0700, "Tregembo" <tr...@krajfm.com>
wrote:

Somewhere in the Hondouran equivalent of the US White House....

"Mr. President: We've found a way to balance the budget.... We'll sell
the "Left Eye" autopsy photos to the highest bidder. "

"Ethics of the Fathers" or "Pirke
Avot", Chapt 2, verses 5 & 6:
"The day is short, the task is great,
the workers are lazy, the reward is
great and the Master is insistent...You are not expected to complete the
work and yet you are not free to desist from trying."

Andrew R. Spartz

May 24, 2002, 11:33:07 PM5/24/02
Akeem Lamont Jackson <some...@somewhere.com> wrote:

> Never heard of her.

How lucky of you. The rest of us were cursed w/ her "music" for quite
some time.

Matthew Kruk

May 25, 2002, 1:14:00 AM5/25/02

I've actually been surprised to the number of posts for this one. I've heard of
them and find them nothing special musically. C'est la vie.

bohemia...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2020, 10:16:28 AM6/16/20
Wtf