James Stacy, 80, TV actor (Lancer), double amputee convicted for child molestation

That Derek

Sep 15, 2016, 11:56:01 PM9/15/16
http://variety.com/2016/tv/obituaries-people-news/james-stacy-dead-dies-maurice-elias-lancer-1201862005/

Home | TV | Obituaries

Emmy-Nominated Actor James Stacy Dies at 80

Joshua Terry
Twitter: @Officially_JT

James Stacy, who was Emmy-nominated for his role as a wheelchair-bound amputee in TV movie “Just a Little Inconvenience” and starred in Western series “Lancer,” died Thursday in Ventura, Calif. He was 80.

His turbulent life included being married to actresses Connie Stevens and Kim Darby, becoming a double amputee after a motorcycle accident, and serving prison time for child molestation.

His partner Antigoni Tsamparlis confirmed his death and said he had possibly suffered an allergic reaction after being admitted to the hospital.

Born Maurice W. Elias in Los Angeles, Stacy appeared on “The Donna Reed Show” (1958) and “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet” (1952), and had a recurring role in “Wiseguy” (1990). He also appeared in numerous episodes of “Bonanza” (1973), “Gunsmoke” (1964-73) and received a producing credit for the film “My Kidnapper, My Love” (1980).

Appearing as a wounded Vietnam vet in “Just a Little Inconvenience” opposite Barbara Hershey, he hoped to encourage other amputees and persons with disabilities to fulfill their goals of living a full life.

After his motorcycle accident, he also appeared in Kirk Douglas’s “Posse” and was Emmy-nominated for a guest appearance on “Cagney & Lacey.”

Stacy is survived by his partner Tsamparlis; a daughter with Darby, Heather Elias; grandson Luk Maxwell; great-grandson Lester James Maxwell; brother Louie; and sister Carolyn.

cathyc...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2016, 12:31:51 AM9/16/16
What a scumbag

David Carson

Sep 20, 2016, 9:12:39 PM9/20/16
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:55:59 -0700 (PDT), That Derek <that...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>http://variety.com/2016/tv/obituaries-people-news/james-stacy-dead-dies-maurice-elias-lancer-1201862005/
>
>Home | TV | Obituaries
>
>Emmy-Nominated Actor James Stacy Dies at 80
>
>Joshua Terry
>Twitter: @Officially_JT
>
>James Stacy, who was Emmy-nominated for his role as a wheelchair-bound amputee in TV movie “Just a Little Inconvenience” and starred in Western series “Lancer,” died Thursday in Ventura, Calif. He was 80.

I took "Thursday" to mean 15 September, the date the obit was posted. The
obit has been updated to read that he died on 9 September at age 79.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/obituaries-people-news/james-stacy-dead-dies-maurice-elias-lancer-1201862005/
"CORRECTION: James Stacy’s age and date of death have been updated due to
an editing error."

David Carson

--
Dead or Alive Data Base
http://www.doadb.com

Charles Richmond

Sep 21, 2016, 6:50:29 PM9/21/16
"David Carson" <da...@neosoft.com> wrote in message

> [snip...] [snip...]
> [snip...]
>
> I took "Thursday" to mean 15 September, the date the obit was posted. The
> obit has been updated to read that he died on 9 September at age 79.

But September 9th was a *Friday*!!! James Stacy died on a *Friday*, *not*
a Thursday!!!

--

numerist at aquaporin4 dot com

David Carson

Sep 21, 2016, 10:01:03 PM9/21/16
That's why they had to post a correction.