Notable mayhem on various Fridays the 13th ?

radioacti...@gmail.com

May 13, 2022, 10:01:14 PM5/13/22
Friday the 13th has long been--ever since my impromptu debate with RHL IIII at a radio industry convention in Frisco in September 1991 jump-started my then-stalled commercial newstalk call-in hosting career--a VERY lucky day for me.

Which, of course, was quite NOT the case for the late Kitty Genovese.

I'm guessing that her famous murder in March 1964 is--thanks to the oh-so-flawed Gotham press coverage that mis-portrayed the killing as having been witnessed by loads of uncaring New Yorkers--is the most famous Friday the 13th killing ever.

But I may just have not researched this enough. Anyone know of any OTHER Friday the 13th events that might be earn coverage in alt-obits?

Or just notable folk who died naturally on some Friday the 13th? (Fewer than one-half of 1% of all days are Fridays the 13th, after all!)

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida

radioacti...@gmail.com

May 13, 2022, 11:21:10 PM5/13/22
Well, it turns out that Italian composer Rossini--of William Tell Overture fame--died of natural causes on Friday, November 13, 1868...and he ALSO had the distinction in 1792 of being born on Leap Year Day* (a Wednesday, that quadrennial) !

STYBLE/Florida
* As were celebrated serial killers Ailene Wuornos (in 1956) and Richard Ramirez (in 1960).