Julie London?

DESSCRIBE1

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
In the March 17 edition of the Atlanta Journal, the "Q&A on the News" section
included the question "Whatever happened to Julie London?" The newspaper
answered "The actress and singer died in Los Angeles in 1992 at age 66." It
went on with a brief overview of her life and career, concluding "London and
Troup, who died last month, had three children."

This came as quite a surprise to me, as all the articles I'd read about Troup's
passing said that HE had been survived by HER. I just wanted to make certain
which report was correct. I also have to wonder how such a major error
(whichever one is wrong) slipped through...

Erich

Chris Marksberry

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99

Offhand I'd have to say the Atlanta Journal was "way wrong" about Julie
London (unless there are two of them). When Bobby Troup was mentioned here
a year ago or so ago, everything I read said that he lived with his wife
(Julie London) and children in Southern California.

Chris in Houston
MailTo:cmark...@hickham.com

Jim Geary

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Chris Marksberry wrote:

> Offhand I'd have to say the Atlanta Journal was "way wrong" about Julie
> London (unless there are two of them).

Now you tell me. I believed them when they said Johnny Paycheck
would be gone by Feb 1 and put him on top of my list. D'oh!

Jim Geary
jaygee at primenet dot com
http://www.primenet.com/~jaygee/

Erwin eas

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
>Subject: Re: Julie London?

Anyone remember: I think she might have been married to Jack Webb at one short
time??
Erwin Arthur Siegel, Alexandria, Virginia USA

Chris Marksberry

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99

Erwin eas wrote in message <19990319120035...@ng-fz1.aol.com>...

She married Jack Webb in 1947 and they had two children.

Brad Ferguson

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
In article <7cu5cc$c2f$1...@uuneo.neosoft.com> , "Chris Marksberry"
<cmark...@hickham.com> wrote:

> Erwin eas wrote in message <19990319120035...@ng-fz1.aol.com>...
>>>Subject: Re: Julie London?
>>
>>Anyone remember: I think she might have been married to Jack Webb at one
> short
>>time??
>>Erwin Arthur Siegel, Alexandria, Virginia USA
>
> She married Jack Webb in 1947 and they had two children.

Webb later cast both London and Troup in the TV series EMERGENCY!, which
Webb produced.

---
Stop by http://www.fred.net/thirteen
---
Remove XOX from eddress for email

Chris Marksberry

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99

Brad Ferguson wrote in message

>Webb later cast both London and Troup in the TV series EMERGENCY!, which
>Webb produced.

Must have been a VERY civilized divorce!!!! Mine certainly wasn't....

Chris in Houston
MailTo:cmark...@hickham.com

>> She married Jack Webb in 1947 and they had two children.

shirley smith

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
On the contrary, the divorce of Julie London and Jack Webb was not pleasant.
Everyone said that she took him to the cleaners...don't know for
sure....just what I heard back then.
Shirley

Chris Marksberry wrote in message <7cuf2j$fdu$1...@uuneo.neosoft.com>...
:
:Brad Ferguson wrote in message

:
:

Monika

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99
Chris Marksberry wrote:

> Erwin eas wrote in message <19990319120035...@ng-fz1.aol.com>...
> >>Subject: Re: Julie London?
> >
> >Anyone remember: I think she might have been married to Jack Webb at one
> short
> >time??
> >Erwin Arthur Siegel, Alexandria, Virginia USA
>
> She married Jack Webb in 1947 and they had two children.
>
> Chris in Houston
> MailTo:cmark...@hickham.com

One daughter has been killed, as per a web page I came across...

Jack Webb produced two daughters, Stacy and Alisa Webb with Julie
London. Stacy was born in 1950, and Alisa in
1952. Stacy Webb served as a Production Assistant credited in Adam-12
and DRAGNET, and was killed at the age of 49,
in 1996, sadly and in an ironic twist, after colliding head-on with a
Calfornia Highway Patrol vehicle in Southern
California. The circumstances of her death include potential
allegations of drunk driving. This case is presently being
litigated in Civil Court.

mag3

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
Quoting "Brad Ferguson" <thir...@frXOXed.net> regarding Re: Julie London? in a
message dated Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:01:26 -0500:

>Webb later cast both London and Troup in the TV series EMERGENCY!, which
>Webb produced.

But even before that, Troup actually appeared in an episode or two of Dragnet
(1967-1970) series. I remember in one episode he played a bartender that got
involved in some minor fraud or something to make money to pay for surgery for
his little daughter. The daughter ended up dying while he was in jail awaiting
trial, and Friday and Gannon solicited the services of the Dept. Chaplain for
burrial/funeral.

Regards,

Arnold.

Brad Ferguson

Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
In article <36f6ac1c....@news.giganews.com> , ma...@newsguy.com (mag3)
wrote:

Yes. Troup's character was being held for taking bets on horses. (He was
the front man for a bookie.) They held Troup while his daughter was dying
in the hospital; he never got to see her again. At the end of the show,
they point out that the bartender's crime was _a misdemeanor punishable by a
$500 fine_. DRAGNET was rather a crapfest, but this was one of the worst
examples.