Another Family Values Republican

1 view

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 12:57:35 PM10/5/06
Congressman Runs Ad to Apologize for Affair
Seeking Re-Election, He Denies Abusing Mistress
AP

SCRANTON, Pa. (Oct. 5) - Rep. Don Sherwood, a Republican fighting for
re-election in northeastern Pennsylvania, says in a TV ad that he is
"truly sorry" for cheating on his wife but denies ever abusing the
woman he had the affair with.

In the ad, he acknowledges that the affair nearly cost him the love of
his wife and his daughters. He said his family has worked through it
"because of my deep regret, our love and the fact that the allegation
of abuse was never true."

"While I'm truly sorry for disappointing you, I never wavered from my
commitment to reduce taxes, create jobs and bring home our fair
share," Sherwood said, addressing viewers. "Should you forgive me, you
can count on me to keep on fighting hard for you and your family."

Sherwood, a four-term congressman, has a seat that had been considered
safe until it was revealed last year that police in 2004 investigated
an incident between Sherwood and Cynthia Ore at his Washington
apartment.

Charges were never filed, but Ore sued Sherwood, claiming he had
choked her. Sherwood apologized for the affair but denied abusing Ore.
The suit was settled for an undisclosed sum.

The ad began running Tuesday in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre market and
comes days after Chris Carney, his Democratic opponent, launched a
hard-hitting commercial focusing on the affair.

Carney's ad features a voter saying, "This incident with Don Sherwood
just cuts right at the core values of our district." The phrases
"repeatedly choking" and "attempting to strangle plaintiff," taken
from the lawsuit, appear on the screen.

Loki

To support our men and women overseas
who may not be getting packages from home,
you can get some ideas as to how to do so at:
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

It is a non profit, volunteer run organization.

I encourage everyone to check it out,
respond from the heart, and pass it
along to anyone you think may want
to remember our overseas military personnel,
throughout the year.

tr...@iwvisp.com

Oct 5, 2006, 2:01:37 PM10/5/06

On the upside Cynthia Ore is both female AND an adult!

Ray Arthur

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 2:39:47 PM10/5/06

Very true... Maybe I am the only one who finds a certain irony in
someone who was swept in during the "traditional family values" period
is now running on the idea of "Yeah I cheated on my wife, but I never
beat up my mistress..."

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 2:40:22 PM10/5/06
Strange how puss bag loki believes this woman but did not believe
Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones and Juanita Broderick.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 3:03:00 PM10/5/06
On 5 Oct 2006 11:40:22 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:

>Strange how puss bag loki believes this woman but did not believe
>Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones and Juanita Broderick.

Hey diaper boy... Read the story. I am reporting what the Retardlican
Congressman said. He admits to the affair. He only denies beating his
mistress up.

Those are "family values" for you.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 3:32:48 PM10/5/06
Clinton supporters have no right to say anything about anyone

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 3:57:39 PM10/5/06
On 5 Oct 2006 12:32:48 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:

>Clinton supporters have no right to say anything about anyone

I am not saying anything about anyone. Only pointing out that it could
well be the first time in history that a candidate ran advertisements
claiming a moral high ground based on the fact that he had never
beaten up his mistress.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 4:11:03 PM10/5/06
Clinton supporters have no right to breathe.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 4:11:05 PM10/5/06
Clinto supporters have no right to breathe.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 4:11:07 PM10/5/06
Clinton supporters have no right to breathe.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 4:18:27 PM10/5/06
On 5 Oct 2006 13:11:03 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:

>Clinton supporters have no right to breathe.

And when around you diaper boy, nobody tries to breathe.

Meanwhile, you seem to be stumped to the point of trying to change the
subject that there is a "traditional family values" Republican running
for Congress who is buying advertising in which he claims that even
though he has a mistress, no one can prove that he beat her up.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 4:24:18 PM10/5/06

> Meanwhile, you seem to be stumped to the point of trying to change the
> subject that there is a "traditional family values" Republican running
> for Congress who is buying advertising in which he claims that even
> though he has a mistress, no one can prove that he beat her up.

Wrong. He should lose. We get rid of our garabage unlike democrats.
Remember Gerry Studds?

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 4:35:09 PM10/5/06

Yeah. He was single and engaged in consensual sex, as opposed to
stalking Congressional pages or being married and running as a pro
family values candidate one year and then claiming to be superior
because it cannot be proven that he beat up his mistress the in next
election. When was the Gerry Studds incident? 23 years ago? Is that
the best you have?

And if the GOP really wanted to get rid of garbage, they would kick
you out of the party.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 4:52:54 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:

> Yeah. He was single and engaged in consensual sex, as opposed to
> stalking Congressional pages or being married and running as a pro
> family values candidate one year and then claiming to be superior
> because it cannot be proven that he beat up his mistress the in next
> election. When was the Gerry Studds incident? 23 years ago? Is that
> the best you have?

Gerry Studds, Bill "Rapist" Clinton, Ted "Swinmmer" Kennedy, Harrison
Williams, James Traficant, Dan Rottenkowski, William Jefferson, Gus
Savage, Cynthia McKinney, James McGreevey, John Murtha, John Jennrette,
Frank Thompson, Ozzie Meyers, Raymond Lederer, Barney Frank, Alan
Cranston, Dennis Deconcini, The House bank crooks, the Keating five.
Democrats - The party of slavery, seccession and segregation.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 4:56:02 PM10/5/06

And exactly which one of them ran commercials saying that they were
superior because it could not be proven that they beat up their
mistress?

Message has been deleted

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 5:16:31 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2006 13:52:54 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> And exactly which one of them ran commercials saying that they were
> superior because it could not be proven that they beat up their
> mistress?
>

> Loki

Never said any of them did.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 5:19:36 PM10/5/06

Then none of them are analogous.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 5:26:14 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:

> >Never said any of them did.
>
> Then none of them are analogous.

Sure they are, There are scum in both parties, but you seem to onoly
notice republican scumbags.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 5:33:41 PM10/5/06

I notice Republican scum bags when they are running. I notice
Democratic scum bags when they are running too (which is why I would
never vote for either Ted Kennedy or Newt Gingrich).

However, I do not consider someone who has a private consensual affair
to be a scum bag, regardless of political affiliation.

I am however offended by hypocrisy which is why I find Henry Hyde to
be so repugnant and find it funny when any candidate tries to claim a
moral superiority by claiming that it cannot be proven that he tried
to strangle his mistress.

Of course, you are as unfamiliar with nuance as you are with the
proper usage of a toilet so most of the above will have been lost on
you.

Bill Schenley

Oct 5, 2006, 5:39:25 PM10/5/06
> We get rid of our garabage unlike democrats.

If that were really true ... there would be no Republican Party.

Besides, Democrats have been getting rid of their "garbage" for years
... How the hell do you think the Republican Party got so big ...

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 6:09:54 PM10/5/06

Bill old man. Just because the Yanks lost today, doesn't mean that ypu
should start using the LSD again.

Gerry Studds, Bill "Rapist" Clinton, Ted "Swinmmer" Kennedy, Harrison
Williams, James Traficant, Dan Rottenkowski, William Jefferson, Gus
Savage, Cynthia McKinney, James McGreevey, John Murtha, John Jennrette,

Frank Thompson, Ozzie Meyers, Raymond Lederer, Barney Frank, Alan
Cranston, Dennis Deconcini, The House bank crooks, the Keating five.
Democrats - The party of slavery, seccession and segregation.

Whicg of these did the assholeocrats get rid of?

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 6:11:21 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:

> Of course, you are as unfamiliar with nuance as you are with the
> proper usage of a toilet so most of the above will have been lost on
> you.
>

> Loki

Like when Bill Clinton said he was going to have the most ethical
administration in history?

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 6:15:29 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2006 14:26:14 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >Loki wrote:

> >Sure they are, There are scum in both parties, but you seem to onoly
> >notice republican scumbags.
>
> I notice Republican scum bags when they are running. I notice
> Democratic scum bags when they are running too (which is why I would
> never vote for either Ted Kennedy or Newt Gingrich).

Maybe since neither ran for office in California has something to do
with that.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 6:16:43 PM10/5/06

W made the same claim.

What is your point? That candidates lie?

Whoa.... What are you doing here? You should be running to Drudge with
that breaking story.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 6:20:45 PM10/5/06

Which of them got money from Jack Abramoff?

And of the Retardilcans who did take money from Abramoff, how many did
the party discipline?

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 6:39:55 PM10/5/06

Ted Kennedy ran for President retard and Newt is making noise as if he
intends to do the same thing. Newsflash... There are primary elections
in California.

Meanwhile my Congressman is Richard Pombo who has taken more money
from Jack Abramoff than anyone else in Congress (over $500,000),
enriched his wife, blocked investigations of serious allegations of
corruption and much more.

In fact, he is doing so badly that your buddy George W. was here
stumping for him earlier this week telling everyone what a great guy
he and fellow scum bag John Doolittle) is.

I will not be voting for him. My guess is that you would if you could.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 7:15:27 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2006 15:15:29 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >Loki wrote:

> >> I notice Republican scum bags when they are running. I notice
> >> Democratic scum bags when they are running too (which is why I would
> >> never vote for either Ted Kennedy or Newt Gingrich).
> >>

> >Maybe since neither ran for office in California has something to do
> >with that.
>
> Ted Kennedy ran for President retard and Newt is making noise as if he
> intends to do the same thing. Newsflash... There are primary elections
> in California.

Gingrich never ran for president so you could never have voted for him.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 7:22:32 PM10/5/06

Yes, I know that you cannot read.

I never said I ->could have<- voted for him, I said I never WOULD vote
for him (one being past tense the other being future) and since he is
making noise about running for President I will very likely have the
opportunity in 2008 to not vote for him.

Curiously you cut the balance of my message out of your response
diaper boy, though what else would I expect?

My Congressman is Richard Pombo who has taken more money from Jack

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 8:19:33 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:
> In fact, he is doing so badly that your buddy George W. was here
> stumping for him earlier this week telling everyone what a great guy
> he and fellow scum bag John Doolittle) is.
>
> I will not be voting for him. My guess is that you would if you could.
>

> Loki

Both will win.

Loki

Oct 5, 2006, 11:16:36 PM10/5/06

Because people like you do not care if your candidates are scum as
long as they are Republicans.

islanders

Oct 5, 2006, 11:32:03 PM10/5/06

Loki wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2006 17:19:33 -0700, "islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >Loki wrote:
> >> In fact, he is doing so badly that your buddy George W. was here
> >> stumping for him earlier this week telling everyone what a great guy
> >> he and fellow scum bag John Doolittle) is.
> >>
> >> I will not be voting for him. My guess is that you would if you could
> >>

> >> Loki
> >>

> >Both will win.
>
> Because people like you do not care if your candidates are scum as
> long as they are Republican

I do not live in California so I cannot vote for either. My state is
stuck with the Queen of Scum, the modern day Evita Peron, Hillary
Rotten Clinton.

Loki

Oct 6, 2006, 8:40:41 AM10/6/06

I know... You cannot read. We have established that. When I said
"people like you" I meant people who live in California who are as
retarded and scummy as you are. People who will vote for any scum as
long as it is Republican scum.

Meanwhile, how much money has Hillary Clinton taken from Abramoff? For
that matter, how much money has any Democrat taken from Abramoff?

Arthur Preacher

Oct 6, 2006, 9:00:30 AM10/6/06
This is typical of all GOP's, it's either gay-love with kids or this.
All of them are deviants, every single of them. In fact, most people
knew about this for decades. We kind of figured it would all come out
one day, and it has!! Very sad, but all too typical!