John Lee Hooker, 83

Fata Morgana

Jun 21, 2001, 7:20:20 PM6/21/01
From Yahoo news:

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Legendary blues guitarist John Lee Hooker
died on Thursday in San Francisco. He was 83.

``He passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning,'' a spokeswoman
at The Rosebud Agency, his San Francisco booking agent, said.

Hooker, an influence on several generations of the world's most
prominent musicians and a 1991 inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of
Fame, had maintained a full performing schedule despite his advanced
age, according to his manager, Rick Bates.

``This was totally unexpected. He had the audience on their feet three
or four times on Saturday night,'' Bates said. ``He enjoyed performing
and he found joy in sharing his music with people.''

Damn :(

Cheers

Fata Morgana

cindy

Jun 21, 2001, 7:44:05 PM6/21/01

"Fata Morgana" <labeep.no...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> ``This was totally unexpected. He had the audience on their feet three
> or four times on Saturday night,'' Bates said. ``He enjoyed performing
> and he found joy in sharing his music with people.''
>
> Damn

Yeah, but what a way to go. May we all be so fortunate.
Cindy

Matthew Hubbard

Jun 21, 2001, 7:56:06 PM6/21/01
Fata Morgana wrote:

> From Yahoo news:
>
> SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Legendary blues guitarist John Lee Hooker
> died on Thursday in San Francisco. He was 83.
>
> ``He passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning,'' a spokeswoman
> at The Rosebud Agency, his San Francisco booking agent, said.

A remarkable musician and a very gracious person, both to his
fellow musicians and his fans; I state the second part of this based on
personal evidence.

Best wishes to his family, friends and fans,
MattH

Bill Schenley

Jun 21, 2001, 10:38:31 PM6/21/01
> A remarkable musician and a very gracious person, both to his
> fellow musicians and his fans; I state the second part of this based on
> personal evidence.

Absolutely true. I performed with him at McCabe's in Santa Monica . . .
Late '70's.
He was the best.

Don't Look Back.

Hyfler/Rosner

Jun 21, 2001, 11:41:38 PM6/21/01

"Bill Schenley" <stra...@erie.net> wrote in message

> Absolutely true. I performed with him at McCabe's in Santa Monica . . .
> Late '70's.
> He was the best.
>
> Don't Look Back.

Tell us more. What did you play? What was it like?

Bill Schenley

Jun 22, 2001, 10:46:14 AM6/22/01

Hyfler/Rosner <rel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

Well . . . That night I played guitar. The union called . . . It was no big
deal . . . They used to call often.

Topic Cop

Feb 5, 2023, 11:13:33 PM2/5/23
I remember that