Rose Arrick, actress and teacher

bway...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2008, 5:05:03 PM11/23/08
Actress and acting teacher Rose Arrick has passed away, according to
the following post on the All That Chat message board.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0037279/
http://www.ibdb.com/person.php?id=73191
[For a photo: go to http://www.hbstudio.org/faculty/, go to the "Find
a Teacher" box, and choose her name from the dropdown list.]

Posted by: Snowgrace 03:05 am EST 11/23/08
So sad to receive an e-mail bulletin from HB saying she died on
Friday, they think from a heart attack. What a sweet and encouraging
lady; she taught for years at HB and was a month-long substitute for
one of my teachers there a long while ago. Glad her acting talent was
being rewarded with roles up till the end... I can't believe I won't
get to chat with her her in my neighborhood or near HB anymore.

* * * * * *
Rose Arrick studied with Herbert Berghof and Uta Hagen. On Broadway,
she appeared in THE TALE OF THE ALLERGIST'S WIFE, GOLDA, BAD HABITS, A
VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE, and ALL MY SONS. Off-Broadway and regional
theatre: CLAPTRAP at A.R.T. in Cambridge, MA and THE MARRIAGE OF BETTE
AND BOO and CAFE CROWN at the N.Y.S.F. at the Public Theater. TV: LAW
AND ORDER, QUEEN SUPREME and on PBS in THE SUNSET GANG. Films for PBS:
SEIZE THE DAY by Saul Bellow and THE GHOST WRITER by Philip Roth. She
appeared on film in three pictures for Elaine May: the infamous
ISHTAR, MIKEY AND NICKY, and A NEW LEAF; also THOSE LIPS THOSE EYES,
BURN, ACROSS THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE, SONS (with Bill Hickey), and FISH IN
THE BATHTUB with Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara, directed by Joan
Micklin Silver. Rose recently was seen on an episode of LOVE MONKEY
and also in the film MARGARET by Kenneth Lonergan.