This Just In

Scott W.

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
Just heard on the BBC that
English Parliament just passed law
that would allow incarceration
of those citizens who "appear"
to possess severe personality
disorders, whether they've committed
an actual crime or not. So, I was
thinking - doesn't half of the
residents of the UK possess
"severe personality disorders"?
How on earth will they ever incarcerate
1/2 of the population?? Then I remembered
"SHITE" -"they already had"!!!
--

O //\ /\ O O //\ /\ Br
/ \// \/ \// / \// \/ \/

contra speedamos ex cathedra

Phil

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Scott W. wrote:

> Just heard on the BBC that
> English Parliament just passed law
> that would allow incarceration
> of those citizens who "appear"
> to possess severe personality
> disorders, whether they've committed
> an actual crime or not. So, I was
> thinking - doesn't half of the
> residents of the UK possess
> "severe personality disorders"?
> How on earth will they ever incarcerate
> 1/2 of the population?? Then I remembered
> "SHITE" -"they already had"!!!
> --

Well, aside from your fucking inane bigotry against the English you are
also wrong. Parliament is considering the law, it has not passed yet!!

Phil

Peace, Bread, Land

Corvette Bummer

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <36D5EB...@postmaster.co.uk>, Phil says...

You're being disagreeable!!! Have you a personality disorder??????
You know what happens if you do!!!!

Chris Brown

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <MPG.11402e684...@news.alt.net>, Corvette Bummer
<co...@nuke.vet> writes

>In article <36D5EB...@postmaster.co.uk>, Phil says...
>> Scott W. wrote:
>> >
>> > Just heard on the BBC that
>> > English Parliament just passed law
>> > that would allow incarceration
>> > of those citizens who "appear"
>> > to possess severe personality
>> > disorders, whether they've committed
>> > an actual crime or not. So, I was
>> > thinking - doesn't half of the
>> > residents of the UK possess
>> > "severe personality disorders"?
>> > How on earth will they ever incarcerate
>> > 1/2 of the population?? Then I remembered
>> > "SHITE" -"they already had"!!!
>> > --
>>
>> Well, aside from your fucking inane bigotry against the English you are
>> also wrong. Parliament is considering the law, it has not passed yet!!
>>

> You're being disagreeable!!! Have you a personality disorder??????
> You know what happens if you do!!!!

To answer the last question first, nothing under the legislation which
has not even been passed yet. Failing to read a post before replying to
it is a much more questionable trait, Scott, as is the multiple use of
exclamation and question marks.

If you wish a sensible discussion on this topic I would be happy to
provide one, should you feel up to it.
--
CB

Corvette Bummer

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
In article <6C268GAl...@x-track.demon.co.uk>, Chris Brown says...
Chris, you're a good example of why rugby players
should be made to wear helmets. Sheez.

Phil

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

Hmmmmmm, if you come over to this side of the Atlantic and speak like
that you will soon find out why rugby players should not be messed
with!!!

Phil

Peace, Bread, Land

(Cybiades) Peter B

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99

Why? So they can look as effeminate as their gridoron mates? No thanks.

'Later
Peter

--
[FLF]Cybiades: Computing for fun!
http://www.ticnet.com/azenomei/fels/fels.html

W. Kiernan

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99

For crying out loud, you know as well as I that whenever a really
pointless, stupid, pernicious law is under consideration by any
government anywhere in the world, it is absolutely sure to get passed,
by an overwhelming majority.

Of course, I base this assertion on an entire lifetime of observing the
deranged and imbecilic government of the United States of America. It
is remotely possible that this is not the case in weird, far-off places
such as England. It is also possible that this lottery ticket in my
wallet will make me a multi-millionaire this coming weekend.

Yours WDK - WKie...@concentric.net

** well APATHY's got a HOLD ON ME and it **
** it WON'T LET GO - Paul **

Nick

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99
On 04 Mar 1999 16:16:12 PST, "W. Kiernan" <WKie...@concentric.net>
wrote:

<snip>

>For crying out loud, you know as well as I that whenever a really
>pointless, stupid, pernicious law is under consideration by any
>government anywhere in the world, it is absolutely sure to get passed,
>by an overwhelming majority.

The main question is, I think, 'is it stupid?. If so, why?

>Of course, I base this assertion on an entire lifetime of observing the
>deranged and imbecilic government of the United States of America. It
>is remotely possible that this is not the case in weird, far-off places
>such as England. It is also possible that this lottery ticket in my
>wallet will make me a multi-millionaire this coming weekend.

I may not be the most patriotic person on the planet, but I do think
that both the political and the legal systems in the UK are vastly
superior to those in the US (and most other countries, for that
matter). It doesn't even seem to be a matter of erosion of personal
freedom - they just didn't seem to have had a great deal of freedom
from the outset (Vince enters, stage left, with large shotgun).

I become extremely nervous when out politicians go on 'fact finding
missions' to the States, and come back with 'ideas'.

Nick

_________________________

ni...@alt-life-sucks.org
FOA/CASHP5-96
_________________________

Corvette Bummer

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99
In article <36f01764....@news.demon.co.uk>, Nick says...

> On 04 Mar 1999 16:16:12 PST, "W. Kiernan" <WKie...@concentric.net>

> I may not be the most patriotic person on the planet, but I do think

> that both the political and the legal systems in the UK are vastly
> superior

Nationalistic, pale, toothless, repugnant limies. Kill
all limies. They suck. Send them to fucking Afucka to
study Gorilla Soildiers (noggers). Afucka Noggers.
(I know. I know. It's the bottle talkin')

--

O //\ /\ O O //\ /\ Br
/ \// \/ \// / \// \/ \/

"if I call you from time to time
and say my life is just a drag and i feel
like a Hag, please kick my ass"

Chris Brown

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99
In article <36DF22...@concentric.net>, "W. Kiernan"
<WKie...@concentric.net> writes

>Chris Brown wrote:
>>
>> In article <MPG.11402e684...@news.alt.net>, Corvette Bummer
>> <co...@nuke.vet> writes

(snip)

>> > You're being disagreeable!!! Have you a personality disorder??????
>> > You know what happens if you do!!!!
>>
>> To answer the last question first, nothing under the legislation which
>> has not even been passed yet.
>

>For crying out loud, you know as well as I that whenever a really
>pointless, stupid, pernicious law is under consideration by any
>government anywhere in the world, it is absolutely sure to get passed,
>by an overwhelming majority.

Nah. What democratic governments like most of all is doing nothing
while giving the appearance of doing lots. Doing things actually costs
money, which can make a government unpopular. Most votes split straight
down party lines, which can be dangerous if there is a big majority but
there is a check there, as a big majority brings the internal dissidents
out into the open, wheras previously, afraid for their seats they had
presented a united front.

On the particular issue, it is relevant that the government is being far
from pro-active. It was as a result of a few but tragic cases, where
people had not been detained although there was a marked consensus that
they should be (even sometimes from the individual concerned). The
current law did not allow it and violence and murder resulted.

>Of course, I base this assertion on an entire lifetime of observing the
>deranged and imbecilic government of the United States of America. It
>is remotely possible that this is not the case in weird, far-off places
>such as England. It is also possible that this lottery ticket in my
>wallet will make me a multi-millionaire this coming weekend.

You're lucky. For me England is weird and right here. On the other
hand America is weird and far off so who knows who has the better deal?

>Yours WDK - WKie...@concentric.net

--
CB

Scott W.

Mar 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/5/99
In article <gIec+MAz...@x-track.demon.co.uk>, Chris Brown says...

> In article <36DF22...@concentric.net>, "W. Kiernan"

> You're lucky. For me England is weird and right here. On the other

> hand America is weird and far off so who knows who has the better deal?

It's weird cuz morons like you.

--

O //\ /\ O O //\ /\ Br
/ \// \/ \// / \// \/ \/
O \\/ O \\/

"if I call you from time to time

and say my life is just a drag and I feel

Wayne M. Syvinski

Mar 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/6/99

"Scott W." wrote:

> Just heard on the BBC that
> English Parliament just passed law
> that would allow incarceration
> of those citizens who "appear"
> to possess severe personality
> disorders, whether they've committed
> an actual crime or not. So, I was
> thinking - doesn't half of the
> residents of the UK possess
> "severe personality disorders"?
> How on earth will they ever incarcerate
> 1/2 of the population?? Then I remembered
> "SHITE" -"they already had"!!!
> --

In other words, Pariament is considering imprisoning the Royal Family.

I would say it is about time!

--
Wayne M. Syvinski syvi...@netdirect.net
It is said the only sure things in life are death and taxes.

Janine

Mar 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/6/99
"Scott W." wrote:

> In article <gIec+MAz...@x-track.demon.co.uk>, Chris Brown says...
> > In article <36DF22...@concentric.net>, "W. Kiernan"
>
> > You're lucky. For me England is weird and right here. On the other
> > hand America is weird and far off so who knows who has the better deal?
>
> It's weird cuz morons like you.

> (snip)

(snicker) This from America's shining example of brilliance and stability.
--
Janine
Friend of alt.life.sucks & alt.life.sucks.moderated

Perceptor

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
Corvette Bummer wrote:

> In article <36f01764....@news.demon.co.uk>, Nick says...
> > On 04 Mar 1999 16:16:12 PST, "W. Kiernan" <WKie...@concentric.net>
>
> > I may not be the most patriotic person on the planet, but I do think
> > that both the political and the legal systems in the UK are vastly
> > superior
>
> Nationalistic, pale, toothless, repugnant limies. Kill
> all limies. They suck. Send them to fucking Afucka to
> study Gorilla Soildiers (noggers). Afucka Noggers.
> (I know. I know. It's the bottle talkin')
>

> --
>
> O //\ /\ O O //\ /\ Br
> / \// \/ \// / \// \/ \/
> / | || | / | || |
> CH2 | || | CH2 | || |
> \ | || CH3 \ | || CH3
> \ /\\ / \ /\\ /
> O \\/ O \\/
>
> "if I call you from time to time

> and say my life is just a drag and i feel

> like a Hag, please kick my ass"

On second thought Scott,
You remember that invitation to go over to alt.surrealism ?
I think you might have more fun in alt.republicans or alt.drunken. biggot
It is just a thought...........
Anyway I'm not going to be sprnding a lot of time over here so I don't
have to worry about it.

don..........
btw .
Nicks ideas are starting to make a lot more sense to me now that I have
had the chance to read some of them

Scott W.

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
In article <36E21A1D...@optonline.net>, Perceptor says...

> Corvette Bummer wrote:
>
> > In article <36f01764....@news.demon.co.uk>, Nick says...
> > > On 04 Mar 1999 16:16:12 PST, "W. Kiernan" <WKie...@concentric.net>
> >
> > > I may not be the most patriotic person on the planet, but I do think
> > > that both the political and the legal systems in the UK are vastly
> > > superior
> >
> > Nationalistic, pale, toothless, repugnant limies. Kill
> > all limies. They suck. Send them to fucking Afucka to
> > study Gorilla Soildiers (noggers). Afucka Noggers.
> > (I know. I know. It's the bottle talkin')
> >
> > --
> >
> > O //\ /\ O O //\ /\ Br
> > / \// \/ \// / \// \/ \/
> > / | || | / | || |
> > CH2 | || | CH2 | || |
> > \ | || CH3 \ | || CH3
> > \ /\\ / \ /\\ /
> > O \\/ O \\/
> >
> > "if I call you from time to time
> > and say my life is just a drag and i feel
> > like a Hag, please kick my ass"
>
> On second thought Scott,
> You remember that invitation to go over to alt.surrealism ?
> I think you might have more fun in alt.republicans or alt.drunken. biggot

Yeah,I saw your alt.surreilism. What a load of crap
about whether or not Dali sucks. Who cares? The newsgroup
sucks as does this one and that's all that one needs to know.
R Reagon

--

"And when some local kid gets down, they try and drum him out of town.
They say, "You coulda least faked it, boy."
At an early age he hits the street and winds up tied with who he meets,
and he's unemployed."