NAC Advisory: Citation at San Onofre

D. Kirkpatrick

Mar 20, 2010, 2:52:47 PM3/20/10

NATURIST ACTION COMMITTEE
ADVISORY
http://www.naturistaction.org

Copyright 2010 by the Naturist Action Committee, which is responsible
for its content. Permission is granted for the posting, forwarding or
redistribution of this message, provided that it is reproduced in its
entirety and without alteration.

DATE : March 20, 2010
SUBJECT: Ticketing at San Onofre
TO : All naturists

Greetings.

This is an advisory from the Naturist Action Committee (NAC) concerning
ticketing for nudity at San Onofre State Beach in California.

The single citation was issued to an individual recently by a lifeguard
at the far north end of the traditional clothing-optional area.

ORIGIN OF THE CITATION

During the afternoon of March 17, a peace officer lifeguard issued a
citation for nudity at Trail 6. The victim has indicated that he and his
female friend were seated near the peace sign at the north end of the
clothing optional area. The officer drove up quickly and told the
gentleman to get dressed. No warning was given. His female companion was
wearing a bikini bottom and had her top covered with a wrap. She was not
ticketed.

The victim was cited under section 4322 of the California park
regulations. He has indicated he will fight the citation. In close
coordination with Friends of San Onofre Beach, the local TNS-affiliated
beach user group, the Naturist Action Committee is working to assist
with legal issues. It is our intent to assist persons who are cited for
nudity at trail 6, while they are nude under appropriate circumstances.
The specific nature of that assistance will likely vary from case to
case.

WE MUST NOT ABANDON SAN ONOFRE BEACH

Friends of San Onofre Beach, the Naturist Action Committee and naturists
across the globe need your assistance. First and foremost, we must not
abandon our beach. If we do not maintain our presence at Trail 6, the
Parks Department will have successfully imposed the intolerant will of a
tiny handful of bureaucrats on the large numbers who enjoy responsible
clothing-optional recreation on public land. We cannot let that happen.
The naturist community is depending on us to stand our ground.

A citation for violating section 4322 of the California park regulations
is a misdemeanor and is certainly a legal issue that must be addressed.
However, it is not as serious as many other crimes and is absolutely NOT
a sex offense. A conviction under section 4322 DOES NOT require sex
offender registration.

Allen Baylis is a California attorney, a NAC board member and President
of Friends of San Onofre Beach. He considers San Onofre to be his home
beach. As Baylis points out, "If our founding fathers had been afraid of
a little legal trouble, we would still be a British colony."

WHOM TO NOTIFY OF FURTHER TICKET INCIDENTS AT SAN ONOFRE BEACH

If you witness an incident at the beach (e.g., ticketing, harassment -
official or personal -, user misbehavior, or shallow burial of a large
marine mammal in a recreational area), please contact Allen Baylis by
phone at (714) 962-0915 or by e-mail at r...@baylislaw.com

Alternatively, you may contact NAC Executive Director Bob Morton by
phone at (512) 282-6621 or by e-mail at exe...@naturistaction.org.

LOCAL SUPPORT

Throughout the ongoing ordeal with the California DPR, the members of
Friends of San Onofre Beach have done an extraordinary job of pulling
their own weight for the beach they cherish. To donate to Friends of San
Onofre Beach, you may send a check to:

Friends of San Onofre Beach
P.O. Box 6283
Huntington Beach, CA 92615

WATCH FOR INFORMATION FROM NAC

Watch for NAC Action Alerts, Advisories and Updates on this and other
important issues affecting naturists.

You may also stay informed by checking the following websites:

http://www.naturistaction.org/sanonofre

http://www.friendsofsanonofre.org

Get on the email list of Friends of San Onofre Beach by sending your
request to:

in...@friendsofsanonorre.org

PLEASE HELP NAC TO CONTINUE HELPING NATURISTS!

The Naturist Action Committee remains committed to issues of body
freedom. Activism on behalf of naturists can be expensive, and NAC
relies entirely on the voluntary financial support of people like YOU.

Won't you please send a generous donation to:

NAC
PO Box 132
Oshkosh, WI 54903

Or call toll free (800) 886-7230 (8AM-4PM, Central Time, weekdays) to
donate by phone using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card. Or use
your credit card to make a convenient online donation:
www.naturistaction.org/donate/

Thank you once again for choosing to make a difference.

Naturally,

Bob Morton
Executive Director
Naturist Action Committee

Naturist Action Committee (NAC) - PO Box 132, Oshkosh, WI 54903
Executive Dir. Bob Morton - exe...@naturistaction.org
Board Member Allen Baylis - r...@baylislaw.com
Online Rep. Dennis Kirkpatrick - natu...@sunclad.com