ANM as functioning newsgroup

D. Kirkpatrick

Jul 29, 2011, 9:31:00 PM7/29/11
to alt-nudism...@moderators.isc.org
ANM is still working.

At least if this message gets through.

It is a moderated news group which requires a human being to release ON
TOPIC messages that will CONTRIBUTE to the newsgroup.

It was set up as a response to the lack of on topic materials in other
newsgroups such as rec.nude.

It has seen very limited to no use for much of 2001.

Also, moderated newsgroups are a thing of the past as user friendly list
servers and message boards fill that void.

Because of this, available moderation tools are non-existent,and the few
that are available are "buggy" at best and have not seen any updates or
modernization for several years.

As such the future of ANM is coudy at best.

Because no one has been posting here, I have not been monitoring messages
on a regular basis. Given the technical limitations (as noted above) with
the moderation software, the end is enevitable.

The few messages that were posted in July, are not being accepted by the
news server at the injection point because they are now outdated and are
being deemed spam.

I have no control over that.

DMK

D. Kirkpatrick

Jul 29, 2011, 9:38:54 PM7/29/11
to alt-nudism...@moderators.isc.org
"D. Kirkpatrick" <sun...@sunclad.com.invalid> wrote in

> It has seen very limited to no use for much of 2001.

Should be 2011 of course

charlie

Jul 29, 2011, 10:17:10 PM7/29/11
to alt-nudism...@moderators.isc.org
well i think over the years they really did wreck rec nude.. BTW where
did cheef's site go to?.. get dead links when i tried to find it or
connect to it by my link lists.

D. Kirkpatrick

Jul 31, 2011, 3:15:09 PM7/31/11
to alt-nudism...@moderators.isc.org
On 29 Jul 2011, charlie <nhba...@aol.com> wrote in
alt.nudism.moderated:

> well i think over the years they really did wreck rec nude.. BTW
> where did cheef's site go to?.. get dead links when i tried to find
> it or connect to it by my link lists.

The best description I can offer here is that he had a life change and
naturism was no longer in the forefront of his interests.

Over the years his web site became problematic and was hacked on more than
one occasion and his hosting services were at times, 1) uncooperative and
2) unhelpful. Frequently they blamed him for the problems based on his
content. In other words, 'you invited this on upon yourself so its *your*
fault.' He is not the first naturist web master to have run into this
mentality.

Otherwise he is alive and well at last check.

I think too that his web site served a wonderful purpose during its
lifetime, but as can often be the case, the better they are, the harder
they become to maintain, and becomes a full time job.

charlie

Jul 31, 2011, 9:57:47 PM7/31/11
to alt-nudism...@moderators.isc.org
Sorry to hear it's gone, and that he had to put nudism on the back
burner... R.I.P Cheef.com....Charlie