It's OK to post here

Janithor

May 14, 2020, 9:26:35 PM5/14/20
x-no-archive: yes

as long as you get my permission first.

mixed nuts

May 14, 2020, 10:13:46 PM5/14/20
On 5/14/2020 9:26 PM, Janithor wrote:

> as long as you get my permission first.

I don't need permission. I'm fully authorized.

--
Grizzly H.

Janithor

May 14, 2020, 11:23:08 PM5/14/20
x-no-archive; yes

On 5/14/2020 7:13 PM, mixed nuts wrote:
> On 5/14/2020 9:26 PM, Janithor wrote:
>>
>> as long as you get my permission first.
>
> I don't need permission.  I'm fully authorized.

Yay!

Welcome to the nosebeep! :-)

mixed nuts

May 15, 2020, 9:38:12 AM5/15/20
Q0. Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup?
A0. Yes, and you're reading it.
Q1. What is this newsgroup for?
A1. This newsgroup is for the discussion of nosebeeping, in all of
its many forms.
Q2. What is nosebeeping, anyway?
A2. At its simplest, I can beep your nose by pressing my finger
against the front of your nose. More complex variations might include
pressing my finger against the side of your nose, squeezing your nose
between two fingers, beeping your nose with other parts of my body
(nose, forehead, etc), and so on.
David R. Loebell <dloe...@astro.ocis.temple.edu> wrote this
definition: "nosebeep. v.t. : (1) To touch, press, squeeze, or rub the
nose of another for the purpose of causing a beep or other sound. (2)
n. : The sound which is emitted in this process."
Q3. When I beeps your nose, do I make the "beep" sound, or do you?
A3. Opinions vary, but most agree that it's more appropriate for you
to make the "beep" sound, since your nose is the one being beeped.
Arthur Hlavaty <hla...@panix.com> observes that "Zen nosebeepers say
that the Universe makes the beep sound."
Q4. What sorts of sounds do noses make when they're beeped?
A4. The most common two are "beep" and "meep". A wide variety of others
have been reported, however, from simple variations like "eep" and
"boop", to complex and elaborate sounds like "aaahhOOOOOOOOgah!" Most
generally, though, there's no Right or Wrong way for a nose
to beep.
Q5. This all sounds kind of dumb, doesn't it?
A5. Quite the contrary. Andrew Stevens <aste...@sam.neosoft.com>
remarks "Usually, us nose beepers know far more than regular people.
There have been studies that show a direct correlation between
intelligence and nose beeping."
Q6. Is there a Web site for this group?
A6. Not yet, but there will be; stay tuned. If I get a chance to update
my Web site this weekend, I might actually put some nosebeeping info
there... I'll be sure to let y'all know if I do! Oh, and btw, there's no
Nosebeeper's Guild as far as I know, though it might be entertaining to
create one. :^) I just use the phrase "journeyman" to mean "less
skilled than a master, but more skilled than an apprentice".
Is there anyone willing to claim the rank of Master Nosebeeper? I
don't know if we can have a guild without at least one Master...

--
Grizzly H.