Beep

1 view
Skip to first unread message

UnsteadyKen

unread,
Jun 14, 2008, 7:53:57 AM6/14/08
to
If a beeper beeps in an empty newsgroup do they make a sound?
--
Ken

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

unread,
Jun 14, 2008, 10:04:11 AM6/14/08
to
UnsteadyKen wrote:
> If a beeper beeps in an empty newsgroup do they make a sound?

Meep!

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will
scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will
refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something
which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he
will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is
explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell


UnsteadyKen

unread,
Jun 16, 2008, 5:18:50 PM6/16/08
to
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries said:

> Meep!

Beep!

Hello Rhonda, good to know your'e
looking after the old place.
Are you the current holder of the sacred
nosebeep FAQ's?

Time for a repost surely.

Best wishes and happy beeping 2u.
--
Ken

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

unread,
Jun 16, 2008, 6:19:00 PM6/16/08
to
UnsteadyKen wrote:
> Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries said:
>
>> Meep!
>
> Beep!
>
> Hello Rhonda, good to know your'e
> looking after the old place.
> Are you the current holder of the sacred
> nosebeep FAQ's?

If that means, "Rhonda, are you the only person who ever posts the FAQ
any more?" the answer is, "Uh...I guess so."

> Time for a repost surely.

Your wish is my command...if I can find it...

Wow! Look at this:

http://www.nosebeep.org/

> Best wishes and happy beeping 2u.

peeB!!

UnsteadyKen

unread,
Jun 16, 2008, 7:31:11 PM6/16/08
to
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries said:

> Wow! Look at this:
>
> http://www.nosebeep.org/

Yaay, we're on the web.

Today the web tomorrow the world

And look!

http://www.nosebeep.com/

Myserious and mysteriouser

--
Ken
Contribute to: www.audiophilewiki.org

elag

unread,
Jun 17, 2008, 5:05:58 PM6/17/08
to
UnsteadyKen wrote:
>
> If a beeper beeps in an empty newsgroup do they make a sound?

I would say no since I didn't Hear anything...

textbeep!

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

unread,
Jun 17, 2008, 6:13:00 PM6/17/08
to

We need beepy emoticons.

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

unread,
Jun 17, 2008, 6:12:32 PM6/17/08
to
UnsteadyKen wrote:
> Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries said:
>
>> Wow! Look at this:
>>
>> http://www.nosebeep.org/
>
> Yaay, we're on the web.
>
> Today the web tomorrow the world
>
> And look!
>
> http://www.nosebeep.com/
>
> Myserious and mysteriouser

That's just cool. Thank you for pointing it out.

Ah-ooo-gah.

elag

unread,
Jun 18, 2008, 10:36:22 PM6/18/08
to
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
>
> elag wrote:
> > UnsteadyKen wrote:
> >>
> >> If a beeper beeps in an empty newsgroup do they make a sound?
> >
> >
> >
> > I would say no since I didn't Hear anything...
> >
> > textbeep!
>
> We need beepy emoticons.

Hmm-mm... That's a tough nut...
but here's a sort of ASCII beepicon:


/ \
o o

----> @ <----

\_/

(use fixed width font)

elag

unread,
Jun 18, 2008, 10:40:40 PM6/18/08
to
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
>
> UnsteadyKen wrote:
> > Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries said:
> >
> >> Wow! Look at this:
> >>
> >> http://www.nosebeep.org/
> >
> > Yaay, we're on the web.
> >
> > Today the web tomorrow the world
> >
> > And look!
> >
> > http://www.nosebeep.com/
> >
> > Myserious and mysteriouser
>
> That's just cool. Thank you for pointing it out.
>
> Ah-ooo-gah.


It is excellent...
I just wish I could... sorta...
click on the nose...
noseclick.

UnsteadyKen

unread,
Jun 18, 2008, 11:18:03 PM6/18/08
to
elag said:

> / \
> o o
>
> ----> @ <----
>
> \_/

Hey, that's great.
But how did you know what I look like?

--
Ken

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

unread,
Jun 18, 2008, 11:45:08 PM6/18/08
to
UnsteadyKen wrote:
> elag said:
>
>> / \
>> o o
>>
>> ----> @ <----
>>
>> \_/
>
> Hey, that's great.

Indeed it is.

I may steal it and put it in my sig.

> But how did you know what I look like?

You look like my cat?

elag

unread,
Jun 19, 2008, 10:42:50 PM6/19/08
to

Hyuk...

do you even have li'l floating arrows pointing to your honker?

elag

unread,
Jun 19, 2008, 10:47:51 PM6/19/08
to
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote:
>
> UnsteadyKen wrote:
> > elag said:
> >
> >> / \
> >> o o
> >>
> >> ----> @ <----
> >>
> >> \_/
> >
> > Hey, that's great.
>
> Indeed it is.
>
> I may steal it and put it in my sig.

feel free...

>
> > But how did you know what I look like?
>
> You look like my cat?

heh...

after I finished it I did think cat...
or bunny...
but it wasn't intentional...
though they do have the best noses.

UnsteadyKen

unread,
Jun 20, 2008, 12:31:25 AM6/20/08
to
elag said:

> Hyuk...
>
> do you even have li'l floating arrows pointing to your honker?
>

No, I fibbed:-(

Me bad.

Embarrassed meep.

elag

unread,
Jun 21, 2008, 2:22:57 PM6/21/08
to

Too bad... I was hoping that the li'l floating arrows were out there somewhwere...
oh well... you could paint them on.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages