Fokking "media markt" audio cable plugs to thick. (and bought security cam trebs 99500)

Skybuck Flying

May 17, 2012, 8:17:52 PM5/17/12
Well,

I tried to replace the audio cables for my headphone which I wrote about
before.

Turns out the audio cable plugs are to fucking thick ! or the headphone hole
to fucking small ! :(

I also bought a shitty wireless webcam lol. (actually it's a security cam...
but looks like a webcam but cannot be used as webcam ?)

I should have known better then to go to a store which has as slogan: "I am
not crazy" lol.

Well at least this store does still exist and have cables. The store did
help me before with the receiver setup, though some of it's plugs were to
think too... but at least some cables were ok.

The cable's packaging stated something like 3.6 mm and 2.5 mm plugs but
still too thick plugs (too much black plastic ) ! damn you audio cable plug
designers !!!! MAKE SMALLER PLUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasted money: 120+ or something euros damn...

Well the webcam looks kinda nice on the outside and it has infrared...
(trebs 99500 model). I think I saw it before in the store a year ago and was
intrigured by it.. I probably checked it out on the website before...and
thought better not...
but this time I just could not refuse the temptation... the description was
so good lol... only later to find out it was shitty motion jpeg and 640x480
resolution... (kinda suspected it ;)) the infrared is kinda cool though.

It has these little red things that light up as it goes dark... it can also
work on power cable or remotely by batteries... so kinda cool design, except
the damn resolution is too low... and no zooming... (also wireless makes me
a bit nervous for interception...)

I wonder if it has encrypted wireless... I also wonder if it can be
programmed against... like for example the usb receiver can it be used for
other stuff... hmmm... also the webcam cannot be used as a webcam... it's
actually a security cam... which is kinda odd...

Maybe there is somewhy to pipeline the video to flash... I haven't tried to
use it yet in live messenger... maybe it's better to not try at all lol ;)
:)

Maybe I should do a proper review of it instead of jamming it into this
message... But then again it's result is so shitty might not be worth it...
but from a design point of view I like the little fokker ! ;) :)

It looks like a rocket interception or radar station... then again I wonder
if it made people nervous when I put it outside shortly to "observe" ;) :) I
quickly removed it because it's probably illegal to "observe the streets
with a cam" ;) :)

None the less funny ! ;) =D

It looks like the head of a little robot ! ;) :) It other words: it looks
cute ! ;) :)

It can move/turn a little bit too...

Bye,
Skybuck ;)

Skybuck Flying

May 19, 2012, 2:14:50 PM5/19/12
Bumping it to see what happens ;) :)

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Bill Graham

May 21, 2012, 12:56:08 AM5/21/12
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Bumping it to see what happens ;) :)
>
> "Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
>
> Well,
>
> I tried to replace the audio cables for my headphone which I wrote
> about before.
>
> Turns out the audio cable plugs are to fucking thick ! or the
> headphone hole to fucking small ! :(

There are at least two common sizes for those mini plugs.... 2-1/2 mm, and
3-1/2 mm. 3-1/2 is the most common, but as the devices grow smaller and
smaller, the smaller size will become more common... Since headphiones don't
take much power, I think that bluetooth operation is a pretty good idea, and
this would also solve the problem of being connected to the sourse by a
wire. Eventually, when the sourse device becomes too small to see with the
naked eye, there won't be any choice...:^)

ben doedens

Mar 6, 2013, 2:09:26 PM3/6/13
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Bumping it to see what happens ;) :)
>
> "Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
>
> Well,
>
> I tried to replace the audio cables for my headphone which I wrote
> about before.
>
> Turns out the audio cable plugs are to fucking thick ! or the
> headphone hole to fucking small ! :(

Fucking Skybuck. You should know there are headphones with een combinated 2
1/2 and a 3 1/2 stereo jack. My Sony V1 about 20 years old, got them. You
can screw the 3 1/2 jack off te jack and inside you find a 2 1/2 mini jack.

Fine and simpel solution for a small problem.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Ben Doedens

Skybuck Flying

Mar 12, 2013, 8:06:37 PM3/12/13
"
Fucking Skybuck. You should know there are headphones with een combinated 2
1/2 and a 3 1/2 stereo jack. My Sony V1 about 20 years old, got them. You
can screw the 3 1/2 jack off te jack and inside you find a 2 1/2 mini jack.
"

Are these the measurements for the metal sections ?

Did you ever think about the measurements of the plastic wrapper around it ?

If not, bingo !

The plastic wrapper was too big and did not fit through the hole (not the
metal hole, but additional plastic hole of headset !;)).

"
Fine and simpel solution for a small problem.
"

If only it was so simple ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.