The Divine Dawning

Bruderhof News

Jul 14, 2003, 6:17:52 PM7/14/03
Check out this article at Bruderhof.com:

The Divine Dawning -
by Karl Rahner

Every year we celebrate the holy season of Advent, O God. Every year we pray
those beautiful prayers of longing and waiting, and sing those lovely songs
of hope and promise. Every year we roll up all our needs and yearnings and faithful
expectation into one word: "Come!"

Read the rest of this article at:
http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm
These articles are posted as a service of http://www.bruderhof.com,
the official website of the Bruderhof Communities, bringing you
free e-books, articles, stories, poetry and reader's responses.
Sign up to receive daily readings by e-mail at
http://bruderhof.com/us/Subscribe.htm

This newsgroup is moderated by members of the Bruderhof Communities.

Rita Bowen

Aug 10, 2003, 5:40:31 PM8/10/03
As I read your daily publications I am awe-struck at the Catholic people you
include (Karl Rahner for example). I see in your publication the gospel message
preached to ALL people BY all people of ALL religions and rightly so. I thank
you for standing righteously and proclaiming God's message of salvation to all
who open their hearts.
It gives me great hope and joy to read your daily digs. Thank you for resuming
them. I am very much interested in your Bruderhof communities. The purity of
Spirit I sense from these communities is very comforting, uplifting and life-giving.
You seem to be able to do what many organized religions have not - been salt
and light for the world. I am a seeker of Truth who is a Catholic. Many times
I don't see life within the church, but the "walking dead." I want to be led
by the Holy Spirit, to make Christ's light blazingly visible in our darkened
world. I want people to know there is hope for them through Jesus Christ and
that the Holy Spirit is the Giver of Life. I find it difficult to find many
with such a burning passion for the Lord's work. I don't want to get hung up
on church programs but be able to be a witness in the world that the Lord lives
today and can live in each one of us if we but welcome him in. That is my passion.
Thank you and may God continue to bless your ministry. I am most grateful
for you.

Rita Bowen
Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Paula Bartle

Aug 27, 2003, 2:31:20 PM8/27/03
Beautifully articulates what we feel about our limited lives and about God but
can't always express in words. Encourages us to keep hoping and expecting on
dreary winter days. A clear reminder of how Christ's coming gives dignity and
beauty to ordinary human lives.

Paula Bartle

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

gene heath

Aug 29, 2003, 11:44:23 AM8/29/03
Friends, Master Karl is teaching us to pray to God in a very very personal way.
In this manner of prayer, God is standing right there in front of you listening
to your pliant request for the gift of understanding. Bless you.

gene heath

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Dick Rood

Sep 21, 2003, 7:43:01 PM9/21/03
Thank you for these perceptive words...as well as the "daily dig" which led
me to them.

Dick Rood

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Sister Mary Noel Kernan

Dec 1, 2003, 2:44:12 AM12/1/03
I read this years ago but had forgotten it. I'm now printing it out to save for Advent each year. Blessings on the Bruderhof for choosing it!

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Shirley Steinman

Dec 12, 2003, 3:02:50 AM12/12/03
I went to the funeral parlor last night, and have been trying to reconcile the joy this friend's life had given her family and friends with the shame I feel that this country, wrapped in its nationalism, is about to attack yet another poor country.

I had read yesterday the quote from Gandhi which basically said that Christianity is a failed religion because Christians have failed it. I have been agonizing over the fact that 'right wing' people who say they follow Christ are egging on the present administration in its wars to bring on the Second Coming, and yet can't see the Christ in those they would destroy. Since the beginning of the Bush administration (I cannot lift it to the word 'presidency'), I have been closer to a sinning black despair than I have ever before known. It seems to me we are at the very bottom of a pit of our own devising, and that surely the Rome of Jesus' day could not have been worse.

Then this morning you gave me "The Divine Dawning" to read, and the groaning to give birth that is Advent is a little clearer, even if not less painful. Thank you.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Dick Rood

Dec 22, 2003, 3:02:44 AM12/22/03
Thank you! All Christians should read Karl Rahners lovely Advent words since he expresses so eloquently the feelings which are commonly ours during this bleak time of the year.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Rodney Snedeker

Jan 2, 2004, 12:55:42 AM1/2/04
This was beautiful.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Michael F. Chamness

Oct 15, 2005, 12:31:37 PM10/15/05
What a beautiful selection, and what meaningful reasoning. And, Karl Rahner has always been a favorite of mine.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm

Adam

Oct 17, 2005, 8:49:53 AM10/17/05
Light of lights! All gloom dispelling,
Thou didst come to make thy dwelling
Here within our world of sight.
Lord, in pity and in power,
Thou didst in our darkest hour
Rend the clouds and show thy light.
Praise to thee in earth and heaven
Now and evermore be given,
Christ, who art our sun and shield.
Lord, for us thy life thou gavest,
Those who trust in thee thou savest,
All thy mercy stands revealed.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Carol

Dec 5, 2005, 6:32:07 PM12/5/05
How utterly beautiful and heart-wrenching. Rahners words make it so achingly clear that we are still in our advent, that there is not one of us whom our Christ has not walked with - and in - though we might not know it - yet.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/DivineDawning.htm