Action in Waiting

1 view

Bruderhof News

Jun 9, 2003, 10:14:50 AM6/9/03
Check out this article at Bruderhof.com:

Action in Waiting -
by Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt

If you look for the truth in small matters you will not go astray in big ones.
If you always try to be heavenly and spiritually minded, you won't understand
the everyday work God has for you to do.

Read the rest of this article at:
http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm
These articles are posted as a service of http://www.bruderhof.com,
the official website of the Bruderhof Communities, bringing you
free e-books, articles, stories, poetry and reader's responses.
Sign up to receive daily readings by e-mail at
http://bruderhof.com/us/Subscribe.htm

This newsgroup is moderated by members of the Bruderhof Communities.

gene heath

Jul 30, 2003, 7:58:34 PM7/30/03
Response to Action in Waiting
http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/ActionInWaiting.htm
The story is correct: Dust blinds our eyes. Peace has come to mean, Peace is
what I say it is. The only peace that is meant by Jesus is "that peace that
the world cannot give." How long are we to accept a Christless Advent?

gene heath
Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Ann Robertson

Dec 2, 2003, 11:59:15 PM12/2/03
Action in waiting is a very profound, comforting and challenging reading, a "wake up" call indeed, but full of joy.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Chris M. Armano

Dec 1, 2004, 4:30:33 PM12/1/04
Many people walk aimlessly through life always searching for the reason of being. Realities justification for our existence has been so eloquently defined in this essay. It seems as though society runs around manic in it's quest for equilibrium of truth. I myself have tried to put a temporal bandage on this seemingly endless quest for truth and conscious nirvana. Many years of self in-flicted destruction through alcohol and drugs have brought me to this obvious conclusion, a life without God or a " HIGHER POWER " if you wish, will only end in death and despair! I thank you for your daily meditations and words of poignant effervescence!!!

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Dulcey Garber

Dec 2, 2004, 7:00:03 AM12/2/04
I loved this piece. I am studying advent and keep the focus on Christ this Christmas. Every year it is a struggle to keep Christ in Christmas with all the commercial and materialistic things surrounding this season.

Thank you for your help in keeping Christ in Christmas.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Dorothy

Dec 3, 2004, 9:12:05 PM12/3/04
Sam Shoemaker has a beautiful reading in one of his books about "standing at the door". I've appreciated it for years and this reading enlarges it. Thank you.
Sometime I feel I am commenting too much but almost always you touch a spot and I appreciate it.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Elsie Mayyasi

Dec 5, 2004, 9:18:15 PM12/5/04
The Advent season has always been difficult for me to understand. Does not God call us to preparation for our Lord at all times? To be prepared by disciplining ourselves in the Way of life in Jesus? To be joyous in adversity when it comes? To be ready to daily and joyously serve Him in great things and small as is His perfect will? Why must we have a special time for this? I have read what you say and perhaps today I do not have ears to hear. Is there the possibility this time termed advent become yet another ritual in the rite of being a Christian? However, I must admit I like the soft footsteps of the Christmas season as it gradually culminates towards the date we celebrate as Jesus' birth. Perhaps this is the heart's preparation termed Advent. All this being said, I appreciate your article in regard to what it is to be a Christian. This is probably the best I've read re: this issue. May our Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Bruderhof have a glorious season by giving praise, worship and thanks to God in all you say, do and are in and out of Advent!

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Michelle

Oct 21, 2005, 12:31:44 PM10/21/05
I really enjoyed this article, it spoke to me in a way I could easily understand. I am a recovering alcoholic working on my 2nd and 3rd step. Accepting my higher power (God) and turning my life over to him so that his will not mine be done always. I believe in order to have a spiritually fulfilling life, I must regain my faith in God who has never given up on me. As there are so many different denominations of churches each with various ideas and beliefs, how am I suppose to know which is right? Your article spoke simply about living Gods way daily and not just dressing up on Sundays to attend church thinking this alone will enough. Thank you for the article I look forward to reading more.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Clare

Dec 6, 2005, 4:21:43 AM12/6/05
It is 2 AM and the second Sunday of Advent has dawned to the electronic light of my screen. A quick check of my email, I thought, but how can I sleep now, having waded through the chill waters that surround the kingdom? The breathing of my sons in adjacent rooms is steady and solemn and I want to wake them from their adolescent stupor, shake myself silly, and be ready.

Responding to http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/bl/ActionInWaiting.htm

Aloisyus Belkin

Dec 6, 2005, 8:42:48 AM12/6/05
Oracle (from "Diurnalis")

© 2001 Wish Belkin

Bow your head in quiet prayer,
at a time when no one will see.
And know that in that moment there,
you become who you were meant to be.
Have thee the grace to forget what is lost,
and embrace thee all that is left.
Shed thee no tear while counting your cost,
for this life is no more than a test.
Reason by nature is cold as the grave,
and the man who with passion does speak,
expresses his will, though heavenly gave,
leads not to the heaven he seeks.
Words of derision, words less than kind,
will lead you to unending sorrow.
Your words should reveal a compassionate mind,
lest you sup on them coming the morrow.
Think before acting, while you do roam,
ask all your questions aloud.
Wisdom walks through this life all alone,
while foolishness walks in a crowd.
At war with sin, at peace with men,
so live thee while youre alive.
Prepare thee thus for reckoning when,