Trying Week

1 view

Leslie Deak

Feb 16, 2001, 10:59:18 AM2/16/01

It's not been such a great week in our house. There was the funeral on
Tuesday, and that afternoon brought sad news form Josiah's family.
Josiah's uncle (his dad's brother) had been hospitalized in Raleigh on his
way to visit family in Florida. Bob had his stomach removed a year and a
half ago, and while he seemed to be functioning fairly well for the
last year, he was hospitalized with complications thereof. Surgery was
performed on Tuesday, and by Wednesday, he was experiencing kidney failure
and dangerously low blood pressure (thereby eliminating the possiblity of
dialysis, which only lowers one's BP). The prognosis was grim.

Wednesday night, I also talked with my mother, who'd had another
echocardiogram on Wednesday, and the docs didn't like the pressure in one
of the chambers of her heart. She goes in for a catheterization on Monday.
These concerns are preventing her from landing a spot on the transplant
list.

As I woke up sick on Thursday (all better now) we got the early-morning
phone call everyone dreads. Josiah's Uncle Bob had passed away during the
night. Arrangements are still pending, but we expect to be in Pennsylvania
on Monday for the burial.

I had an interview this morning for a new job, and learned right off the
bat that the job is expected to transfer to Chicago within the next 8
months or so, so that was a waste of time. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the
Bush administration to lift their hiring freeze so I can hear about some
gov't jobs for which I've applied (namely with the patent office).

Just wanted to vent about my argh-inspiring week.

-Leslie

Susan Behr MacDuffee

Feb 16, 2001, 1:28:11 PM2/16/01

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Leslie Deak wrote:

> Just wanted to vent about my argh-inspiring week.

Sending good thoughts to you Leslie. Sorry to hear about your DH's uncle
passing. I hope that the procedure that your mother is undergoing turns
out ok. And I hope that you hear about one of those jobs with the patent
office soon.

--Susan

Leslie Deak

Feb 16, 2001, 2:49:08 PM2/16/01

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Susan Behr MacDuffee wrote:

> Sending good thoughts to you Leslie. Sorry to hear about your DH's uncle
> passing. I hope that the procedure that your mother is undergoing turns
> out ok. And I hope that you hear about one of those jobs with the patent
> office soon.

Thanks. I'm just glad it's Friday.

-Leslie