Re: Dear Santa...

1 view
Message has been deleted

»Q«

Dec 23, 2009, 8:35:28 PM12/23/09
In <news:Xns9CE8CCA9F9...@195.197.54.114>,
hopflop <---@---.--> wrote:

> Please bring me one of these for Xmas.
>
> http://benheck.com/04-05-2009/commodore-64-original-hardware-laptop

Unfortunately, I tossed my C-64 years ago. :-/ Not the wisest decision
I've ever made.

Unrelated, file under "Blinky would have liked this":
<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237180/THE-WIDER-VIEW-Three-years-making-boys-dream--ultimate-home-model-aeroplane.html>

Message has been deleted

»Q«

Dec 27, 2009, 4:56:29 PM12/27/09
In <news:Xns9CEBECCBA2...@195.197.54.114>,
hopflop <---@---.--> wrote:

> <box...@gmx.net> typed with big furry paws:

> > In <news:Xns9CE8CCA9F9...@195.197.54.114>,
> > hopflop <---@---.--> wrote:
> >
> >> Please bring me one of these for Xmas.
> >>
> >> http://benheck.com/04-05-2009/commodore-64-original-hardware-laptop
> >
> > Unfortunately, I tossed my C-64 years ago. :-/ Not the wisest
> > decision I've ever made.
>

> I kind of miss my C-16, but I still have my C-128 packed neatly in
> it's original box.

Oh how I wanted a C-128!

> Santa was here already but didn't bring me a lapcat of any kind.

I've elf-proofed my place so he can't get in, but I got myself a few
old games to play over the holidays. I skipped the old Monkey Island
games, since I was still unhappy with graphic adventures, but the first
one has been given voices and new graphics, so I played it. I was
surprised at how mediocre it is, given its reputation. Now I'm stuck
in Abe's Oddysee -- I'd forgotten how fun and how difficult it is. (I
have the old disks around someplace, but Steam had the two Abe games
for $2.50, so I got them that way.)