Best free email service?

Jonathan

Mar 25, 2001, 8:46:23 AM3/25/01
What's the best free email service available on the web? Hotmail seems to be
the most famous. What should one consider when selecting a free email
service?
TIA

Kathy I. Morgan

Mar 26, 2001, 2:57:58 PM3/26/01
Jonathan <jona...@tkf.att.ne.jp> wrote:

> What's the best free email service available on the web? Hotmail seems to be
> the most famous.

Which service is "best" is going to be very subjective and depend on
what you consider to be important in an email service. Hotmail is
probably both the most famous and the most infamous, having been hacked
a number of times and suffering from some security problems. Maybe
those have been fixed; I don't know.

> What should one consider when selecting a free email
> service?

Is the account accessible via the web? Via Pop? Do they offer forwarding
services? How secure is the server? Is mail from that server likely to
be filtered by recipients or their ISP? Will you be able to access the
server when traveling without having to pay for a long distance call
(possibly by using an Internet cafe or library's computer)?

This is a question that I've seen asked and answered often on
comp.mail.eudora.mac and comp.sys.mac.comm (unfortunately I didn't pay
enough attention to the answers to be able to help you much); it looks
like you probably use Windows, so you might search at
<http://groups.google.com/> for discussions of free email services in
similar Windows newsgroups.

--
Kathy
Copyright 2000 - Deja.com is denied permission to archive or use this

Glà§wègîàn

Apr 7, 2001, 12:11:22 PM4/7/01
you can`t really go far wrong with hotmail. it doesn`t crash *too* often....
I don`tthink it cant be hacked anymore, but that`ll soon change

"Jonathan" <jona...@tkf.att.ne.jp> wrote in message

Jonathan

Apr 9, 2001, 9:49:16 AM4/9/01
Since I originally posted this question I found a site called Free Email
Providers Guide which explains all about, yep you guessed it, free email
providers. It contains reviews and ratings too. Here's the link
http://www.fepg.net/

"Glà§wègîàn" <Glà§wègîàn2...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

manisha....@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2013, 1:54:02 AM7/19/13
In my opinion, Gmail and Email.biz is the best email services as have used almost all email service provider and found these two good.