netscape profile passwords

stewart

Oct 25, 2008, 4:35:04 AM10/25/08
Is ralph fox still about.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Oct 25, 2008, 12:44:06 PM10/25/08
stewart wrote:
> Is ralph fox still about.

why don't you just ask your question?

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

stewart

Oct 26, 2008, 7:38:31 AM10/26/08
Ok i will, i use for email communicator 4.6 but i have other users who
use the same program i know there is a feature which allows you to have
password protected account,

about two years ago Ralf fox sent me a link to some web site which
enables you to activate this feature i have since lost it.

what it does is enable local profile passwords.

am i making sense do you know that i am talking about.

thanks.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Oct 26, 2008, 12:43:35 PM10/26/08
stewart wrote:
> Ok i will, i use for email communicator 4.6 but i have other users who
> use the same program i know there is a feature which allows you to have
> password protected account,
>
> about two years ago Ralf fox sent me a link to some web site which
> enables you to activate this feature i have since lost it.
>
> what it does is enable local profile passwords.
>
> am i making sense do you know that i am talking about.
>
> thanks.
>
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
>> stewart wrote:
>>> Is ralph fox still about.
>>>
>> why don't you just ask your question?

communicator is a lost product. You might want to get
help from the Netscape ufaq pages:
http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=listarticles&secid=7

and if that doesn't help, then try their forum:
http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&PHPSESSID=43686557b3d99f6671c9e05eeaa3b99a
Maybe someone there can help.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Oct 26, 2008, 12:46:11 PM10/26/08
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> stewart wrote:
>> Ok i will, i use for email communicator 4.6 but i have other users who
>> use the same program i know there is a feature which allows you to have
>> password protected account,
>>
>> about two years ago Ralf fox sent me a link to some web site which
>> enables you to activate this feature i have since lost it.
>>
>> what it does is enable local profile passwords.
>>
>> am i making sense do you know that i am talking about.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> why don't you just ask your question?
>
> communicator is a lost product. You might want to get help from the
> Netscape ufaq pages:
> http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=listarticles&secid=7
>
> and if that doesn't help, then try their forum:
> http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Forums&PHPSESSID=43686557b3d99f6671c9e05eeaa3b99a
> Maybe someone there can help.

Oh, I just remembered another site: Antony's site of
Silly Dog: http://sillydog.org/. The cater to to the
old Communicator aswell.

Ralph Fox

Nov 26, 2008, 5:37:51 AM11/26/08
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:38:31 +0000, in message <490456B6...@ntlworld.com>,
stewart wrote:

> Ok i will, i use for email communicator 4.6 but i have other users who
> use the same program i know there is a feature which allows you to have
> password protected account,
>
> about two years ago Ralf fox sent me a link to some web site which
> enables you to activate this feature i have since lost it.

Google Groups search will find my message to you...
http://groups.google.com/groups/advanced_search?q=netscape+profile+passwords+stewart+author:ralph

But even so, the link which I gave back then no longer works today.
As I wrote at the time...
|   You have no guarantee that this site will continue to be up,
|   so save the relevant pages and files to your hard drive.

> what it does is enable local profile passwords.
>
> am i making sense do you know that i am talking about.
>
> thanks.
>
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
> > stewart wrote:
> > > Is ralph fox still about.
> > >

> > why don't you just ask your question?
> >
> > --
> > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
> > help!!!!
> >
> > Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
> >
> > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
> > http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
> > http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

--
Cheers,