Problem with e-mail function

Me

Apr 11, 2008, 10:15:09 PM4/11/08
Bogdan Karasek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are three alt.netscape groups under alt.netscape and they
> are all empty.

On the server I use, there is:

alt.netscape.buggy-products
alt.netscape.expatriates
alt.netscape.sucks

There are no messages in the first 2 groups, but there is 1 message in
the last one (March 22 - some goon asking if it's necessary to restart
the computer after installing Netscape - as if it was easier to post
that question vs simply hitting the power switch on his computer).

There is also the group "alt.netscape".

That's where most posts seem to be.

I'm going to cross-post your original questions to alt.netscape.

Oops = no I can't. Because somewhere there is a hokey rule that says
that posts to netscape.* can't be cross-posted to something-else.*.

I'll have to multi-post this to alt.netscape (but I'll have to alter
it slightly because it can't be exactly the same post - there, that
should do it). Maybe someone else can cross-post their answers to
netscape.public.general.

-----------------------

Yesterday, Netscape 7.1 refused to download my e-mail from my server.
I was shown the following message.

"Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the system
allows you write privileges, and you have enough enough disk space to
copy the mail box."

What does this mean?

My HD is only 49% full.
Ran Norton and got a clean bill of health.
Defragmented my HD.

I haven't touched anything in the preferences section.

-----------

Hi I have a backup on my internal HD on an external HD, but I would
also like to copy the contents of my InBox (tons of files for various
newsgroups and list groups), e-mails, and Bookmarks, because I am
thinking of Migrating to FireFox and another mail server (any Ideas?)

Where do I find these above mentioned files? How do I recognize them?

Joseph Littleshoes

Feb 18, 2009, 5:31:23 PM2/18/09

Me wrote:

> Bogdan Karasek wrote:
>
> I'll have to multi-post this to alt.netscape (but I'll have to alter
> it slightly because it can't be exactly the same post - there, that
> should do it). Maybe someone else can cross-post their answers to
> netscape.public.general.
>
> -----------------------
>
> Yesterday, Netscape 7.1 refused to download my e-mail from my server.
> I was shown the following message.
>
> "Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the system
> allows you write privileges, and you have enough enough disk space to
> copy the mail box."
>
> What does this mean?
>
> My HD is only 49% full.
> Ran Norton and got a clean bill of health.
> Defragmented my HD.
>
> I haven't touched anything in the preferences section.

Welcome to my world! i am getting the same error message.
--
JL

Leonidas Jones

Feb 23, 2009, 10:37:32 PM2/23/09