Desperatly Seeking...

Joseph Littleshoes

Feb 18, 2009, 5:28:33 PM2/18/09
A solution to my Netscape 7 (Mac OS 9.1) issue.

Due to my newer G4 Mac crashing im forced to use an older iMac running
OS 9.1.

I have Netscape 7 installed and while i can get newsgroups with it just
fine every time i try to access the pop mail account i get a message
saying "unable to write the email to the mail box. Be sure the file
system allows you write privileges."

I have checked the box under 'get info' and it is not "locked."

Any help would be appreciated, and if any one can recommend a browser
that will run on OS 9.1 i would be willing to change to a different browser.
--
Joseph

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Feb 18, 2009, 6:05:44 PM2/18/09

I don't know how its set up in mac, but its either
under Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings; or
Tools, Account Settings, or something else. You need
the account settings. From there, click on the pop
account in question, and under Folders & Copies, make
sure you're pointing to the correct Sent folder. If
need be, click on Other and have that point to the
right Sent.

Since Netscape 7.1 is a dead end program, you might
want to try SeaMonkey. SM picks up where Netscape left
off. Plus, it will pick up and start using the same
profile that Netscape is using. You won't notice much
of a difference, but it won't correct the problem you
have until you fix it.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Leonidas Jones

Feb 23, 2009, 10:38:23 PM2/23/09

Joseph Littleshoes

Feb 24, 2009, 2:25:32 AM2/24/09

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
>> A solution to my Netscape 7 (Mac OS 9.1) issue.
>>

> Look at this FAQ for some guidance:
>
> http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=57
>
> Lee

Thanks, compacting the inbox file didn't work.

I will follow up on the other suggestions.

As its a new identity and file there's no mail in it, i cant get any to
down load, but a google search on the alert i have been getting
suggested there could be a 'corrupted' or otherwise problematical email
i cant download, so i intend to have my isp do a complete wipe of the inbox.
--
JL