phone dialer

Miki Kocic

Oct 15, 2007, 10:03:08 PM10/15/07
I am looking for very simple, basic softphone dialer software that
enables me to place and answer telephone calls through my PC
microphone/speakers using a standard telephone line plugged into my 56K
modem PCI card, *sans handset*. The software bundled with my modem
requires a handset, the old MS Windows phone dialer is nowhere to be
found on my install CD, and everything I've found on the net requires a
Skype-like account to be opened and funded. I already have a perfectly
working phone line. All I need is software that mimics a physical
telephone. And it doesn't have to be fancy. Please help.

Miki