Re: [OT] Religions are used to tell lies, big lies!

1 view

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 5, 2019, 8:38:26 AM3/5/19
On 3/5/2019 3:28 AM, edrh...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Yes. I freely chose to stop going to church.

Religions are used to tell lies, big lies! :)

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
¤£­É¶U! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA):

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 5, 2019, 9:37:53 AM3/5/19
On 3/5/2019 10:18 PM, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 8:53:10 AM UTC-5, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
>> It requires a pursuit of the truth. If you seek the truth, God
>> knows you are doing this, and He Himself personally comes into
>> your life intervening on your behalf, sending angels to run inter-
>> ference for you, personally stepping in and changing things in
>> your life supernaturally (you suddenly get a new job, or have a
>> debt paid off or any other number of things that make you pretty
>> much say, "What just happened?" when you step back and examine
>> the changes in your life over the past few weeks / months).
> Just as Adam and Eve changed from their pre-sin state into a new
> state where they tried to cover themselves with fig leaf aprons,
> and hid from God when He came looking for them, we are restored
> to a state where we do not hide from God, but rather seek Him,
> and our thinking on pretty much everything changes because we
> now have the spirit giving us input, not just our flesh.

No, I am not afraid of punishment. I rather talk to Jesus directly, if
and only if he's still around after the so-called resurrection.

One could always choose a different if not a rocky path to seek what you
called "truth". In the end, it's about choices, not traditions nor
superstition.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 5, 2019, 11:40:15 PM3/5/19
On 3/6/2019 3:07 AM, edrh...@hotmail.com wrote:

> My family raised me Catholic, so I remained Catholic.
> Then don't follow any. No skin off my nose.

Still, you became a Catholic following your parents.

Is that choice free then? Did you have a choice? Did your family allow a
choice?

Mar 6, 2019, 12:16:35 AM3/6/19
On 3/5/19 8:40 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> Still, you became a Catholic following your parents.
>
> Is that choice free then? Did you have a choice? Did your family allow a
> choice?

I was raised Catholic. I was given the choice of Catholic (mom's
side) and Mormon (dad's side). I have been Orthodox since shortly
after leaving home. It is completely my choice. Christians choose
God. It is an invitation. Muslims "submit". Totally different issue.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 7, 2019, 8:37:56 AM3/7/19
On 3/6/2019 1:09 PM, T wrote:
> On 3/5/19 8:57 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
>> I wanna hear that DIRECTLY from Jesus, not via the Bible, not via you.
>
> Hi Man-wai,
>
> That is possible. If you ever want to sincerely know, I will
> tell you how.

Prove that you are the Jesus as described in the Holy Bible. I doubt
anyone know who Jesus is. I also doubt whether Jesus has an universal
passport to prove his identity.

Anyway, don't act, don't lie, don't bluff! :)

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 7, 2019, 8:41:22 AM3/7/19
My bet is you was forced to follow family tradition to become a
Catholic. There was never a free choice. Your parents had a secret deal
with their Church to make their children Catholics. If you didn't do so,
you would have been purged out of your family house, and would have had
no money spend.

Well, it's just my silly little conspiracy theory about why you are now
a Catholic. The same possibly applies to Mr. Rick C. Hodgin.

Meow... :)

Mar 7, 2019, 3:09:36 PM3/7/19
On 3/7/19 5:41 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 3/6/2019 1:16 PM, T wrote:
>> On 3/5/19 8:40 PM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
>>> Still, you became a Catholic following your parents.
>>>
>>> Is that choice free then? Did you have a choice? Did your family
>>> allow a choice?
>>
>> I was raised Catholic.  I was given the choice of Catholic (mom's
>> side) and Mormon (dad's side).  I have been Orthodox since shortly
>> after leaving home.  It is completely my choice.  Christians choose
>> God.  It is an invitation.  Muslims "submit".  Totally different issue.
>
> My bet is you was forced to follow family tradition to become a
> Catholic. There was never a free choice. Your parents had a secret deal
> with their Church to make their children Catholics. If you didn't do so,
> you would have been purged out of your family house, and would have had
> no money spend.
>
> Well, it's just my silly little conspiracy theory about why you are now
> a Catholic. The same possibly applies to Mr. Rick C. Hodgin.
>
> Meow... :)

Your a funny bunny!

I am not Catholic by the way. They are fine folks, but I am just
not one of them anymore. Rick's heart is in the right place,
he just need to work on his venue and presentation.

Funny bunnies don't "Meow".

Mar 7, 2019, 3:14:16 PM3/7/19
On 3/7/19 5:37 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 3/6/2019 1:09 PM, T wrote:
>> On 3/5/19 8:57 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
>>> I wanna hear that DIRECTLY from Jesus, not via the Bible, not via you.
>>
>> Hi Man-wai,
>>
>> That is possible.  If you ever want to sincerely know, I will
>> tell you how.
>
> Prove that you are the Jesus as described in the Holy Bible. I doubt
> anyone know who Jesus is. I also doubt whether Jesus has an universal
> passport to prove his identity.
>
> Anyway, don't act, don't lie, don't bluff! :)

Do you mean to ask me if I an "the" Jesus of the Bible?
Obviously, I am not. Is English your first language?

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 8, 2019, 4:42:43 AM3/8/19
On 3/8/2019 4:14 AM, T wrote:

> Do you mean to ask me if I an "the" Jesus of the Bible?
> Obviously, I am not. Is English your first language?

This sub-thread is not related to you Mr. T, unless you are also Richard
C. Hodgins. :)

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 8, 2019, 12:27:15 PM3/8/19
On 3/8/2019 11:54 PM, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> On Friday, March 8, 2019 at 9:40:56 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
>>
>> My apology.
>
> "Apology accepted, Captain Needah." :-)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwio208q3jY&t=17s

BTW, is there a story in the Holy Bible that goes exactly like that part
of Star Wars movie?

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 8, 2019, 12:34:15 PM3/8/19
On 3/8/2019 11:54 PM, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:

> "Apology accepted, Captain Needah." :-)

17 Bible Verses About Apologizing
<https://www.godupdates.com/bible-verses-about-apologizing/>

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Mar 8, 2019, 3:00:47 PM3/8/19
On 3/9/2019 2:34 AM, edrh...@hotmail.com wrote:
> (Quote)
>>
>> "Apology accepted, Captain Needah." :-)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwio208q3jY&t=17s
>
> BTW, is there a story in the Holy Bible that goes exactly like that part
> of Star Wars movie?
> (End Quote)
>
> The Bible's big, there are a lot of stories in it. But I've certainly never heard of someone being killed by the person he was trying to apologize to.

Thanks. I don't remember such a story as well from newspaper columns I
read. BTW...

Needah -> Niddah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niddah

Niddah (or nidah; Hebrew: נִדָּה), in Judaism, describes a woman during
menstruation, or a woman who has menstruated and not yet completed the
associated requirement of immersion in a mikveh (ritual bath).

Ha ha ha.... :)

Mar 8, 2019, 3:33:18 PM3/8/19
On 3/8/19 1:42 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 3/8/2019 4:14 AM, T wrote:
>>
>> Do you mean to ask me if I an "the" Jesus of the Bible?
>> Obviously, I am not.  Is English your first language?
>
> This sub-thread is not related to you Mr. T, unless you are also Richard
> C. Hodgins. :)

Ooops

Lucifer

Nov 17, 2020, 4:28:01 AM11/17/20
On Tue, 5 Nov 2020 21:16:33 -0800, T <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
You are hereby invited to flee religion.