Anybody seen "Merlin" on SyFy?

papajohn

May 14, 2010, 5:44:20 PM5/14/10
Been watchin' it for awhile just for the helluvit. As far as
storylines go,
It's pure bull. Merlin in this one is younger than Arthur and is A's
servant. Uther is still on the throne, and has forbidden magic in the
kingdom of Camelot, so Merlin must use it sparingly and secretly.
Last episode I saw there was a female troll that looked a lot like
Keef Richards who had a potion to make her look like a beautiful
woman. She romances Uther into marrying her, and almost gets
away with it till Merlin and his master Gaius cook up a plot to get
Uther to cry "tears of remorse" (which would break the spell by
which the troll controlled him), by giving Arthur a potion to make
him appear dead. Meanwhile Merlin exchanges the trolls potion
for something equally vile-tasting but without the effect.

The upshot is the potion wears off, Uther sheds tears over Arthur,
who is revived when Merlin administers the potion made by Gaius,
and the troll is banished.

I can't give chapter & verse, because my books are packed in
preparation for moving, but it seems to me more fun to let my
dear reader(s) to pick it apart. I suspect Jim is still lurking, are
there others? This is *loaded* with inaccuracies, so maybe we
can get some of the others for whom this group was originally
intended to delurk as well!
Love,
Papa John
John E."Papa John" Mayer
Magick, Musick, Mayhem
jmay...@cfl.rr.com (soon to change)
"If it don't hurt a little bit, it ain't Rock & Roll!"